• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snap and omega zero presents Pinnacle smashfest 2011!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hey guys! an old sc smash friend has a place to host a smash fest this weekend and thought it would be a great idea if i invited some NC folks!

so without further ado, heres the info

159 Longsight Lane (MOST GPS' may not pick this up, but Map-Quest will)
Rock Hill, SC 29730

Doors will be open at 11:00 A.M. but feel free to come whenever, earlier or later.

If you get lost/need more information 803-389-9211 (0megaZer0) or you can call me, snap at 803-235-8650

Rock hill is about 15 minutes south of Charlotte Raleigh people do your best to make an appearance!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
the duke tourney is brawl, and there will prob not be enough set ups for melee friendlies so a melee smashfest in SC sounds legit.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Damn, can I not clash with NC ****... lol

Honestly Rome, you know people are going to go to the Duke Tourney (Brawl Players), this is just a place for people who can't exactly make the event for whatever reason.

If it's mostly Melee players or the other away around. I'm happy with whoever shows up.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
was no need to jump on DJ; I personally have no preference to where melee ppl go. However, I did say in the thread that the venue is very spacious and if melee ppl provided their own setups they were more than welcome to come. You know....an opportunity for both communites to come together. But like I said, no preference. This is a primarily brawl tourney. But I don't want melee players to feel like they can't come/there's not enough room for them/setups are a prob (cause if they bring their own, then there is no problem).

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
was no need to jump on DJ; I personally have no preference to where melee ppl go. However, I did say in the thread that the venue is very spacious and if melee ppl provided their own setups they were more than welcome to come. You know....an opportunity for both communites to come together. But like I said, no preference. This is a primarily brawl tourney. But I don't want melee players to feel like they can't come/there's not enough room for them/setups are a prob (cause if they bring their own, then there is no problem).
Thats cool mike, a lot of people who live around charlotte/rock hill just dont want to drive 4 hours is all, dont take it personally at all bro. I was just trying to host something for west NC.

cause we never got nothing

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Thats cool mike, a lot of people who live around charlotte/rock hill just dont want to drive 4 hours is all, dont take it personally at all bro. I was just trying to host something for west NC.

cause we never got nothing
yeah. no prob I completely understand. Good stuff that ya'll are having more. It's just the first time I read Keith's post it sounded like one of those "we don't want melee ppl here" and by we, he meant himself. I just don't want people thinking that I have something against the melee community. They're always welcomed. But good **** to them having smashfests and stuff. Glad to hear that. Hope you all have a lot of fun.

0Room

Smash Lord
I agree with Snap
It's not that we don't wanna go, it's just that 4 hours vs 2 hours is a pretty easy decision

I should be going to Karn's though

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I feel like such an *** now. I feel like most people think I'm upset that they're not coming here and going somewhere else. When that is the opposite of how I feel. I just always want the melee community to feel welcomed at my tourneys. And they shouldn't feel like they're not invited. Like I take no offense if you don't wanna drive x hours to come here or something (I would feel the same way). I just misinterpreted Keith's statement as one of those all too common brawl statements that we want the communities separate/there is no room for you here.

So long story short:

you are always welcomed
I take no offense if you choose to go elsewhere
Ignore people who post sentiments otherwise
Have a fun time at the smashfest

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Don't worry, the next one is on the 12th of February...WRITE IT DOWN!!!! lol

All ready got it laid out. I will talk to snap too, so I can plan these before and after his G6 monthly events.

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah we're more or less confirmed
Just not leaving until about 11 or 12
So we'll be there sometimes around 1 or 2

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
So, I'm currently setting up...and it's about 10:05 A.M. -- Sooooooooooooo, by the time you all start showing up you will only need to bring set-ups and we should be good to go.

Top Bottom