• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 2

Gaia_x

Smash Champion

A Cura and Eevee presentation
Table of Contents
I. Tournament Organizers
II. Schedule
III. Location
IV. Fees
V. Payouts
VI. Parking
VII. Rule Set
VIII.
Attendance
IX. Setups
X.
Past Events

I. Tournament Organizers
Cura:
Matthew Sharpe
(803) 603 - 8324
MattMattSharpeSharpe@gmail.com
AIM Oddstolive

Sponsor:
Rylaxer The First Bed Transforming Pillow

II. Schedule
9:00am - 10:00am Setups
10:00am - 11:30am Melee Registration/Warm-ups
11:30am - 1:00pm Melee Doubles
1:00pm - 4:00pm Melee Singles
4:00pm - 4:30pm Intermission. Brawl sign-ups. Smash 64 singles.
4:45pm - 6:00pm Brawl doubles.
6:15pm - 12:00am Brawl singles.
note: Brawl/Smash 64 sign-ups will be going on from 10:00am till the Brawl tournament begins.

III. Location
Alumni Lounge
Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210

IV. Fees
Venue: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20/team ($10/person)
N64 Singles: $5

V. Payouts
Singles
55%
30%
10%
5%

Doubles
60%
30%
10%

Top three of each event will be entered into a raffle to receive a half back Rylaxer

VI. Parking
Parking passes will be made available for this event - you'll be able to park on campus, right outside the venue door. Email Frannie at Frannie.Monasterio@gmail.com to get your parking pass.

VII. Rule Set
Be on time for your matches and do not vandalize the venue (i.e., jumping off of furniture or any part of the venue. Disqualifications will be enforced. No refunds when bracket has already been made. The time frames are set - if you don't show up, call that you're within reasonable distance. You will not be added to the bracket.

Brawl
Neutrals
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshis Island
* Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
* Castle Seige
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Halberd
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned
* All stages not mentioned on the "Neutrals" and "Counter Picks" section
* Stalling
* All infinites, excluding Ice climbers chain grabs
* All small step chain grabs
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch

Set format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. Alternating strikes 1-2-1.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for "Counter Picks" of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

* 3 Stock
* Stock Sharing Allowed
* Team Attack: ON
* 8 minute timer
* Items are "off" and set to "none"
* Pause Set "off"
* Double elimination
* Matches are best 2 of 3
* Finals matches (losers/winners/grand) are best 3 of 5

Unless both players agree to dismiss it, pausing in the middle of a game will result in a stock loss.

Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.

Scrooging: If you fly under the stage, you must land on the stage in order to repeat flying under the stage again. The moving platform, or any other platform that is distant from the stage (i.e., Smashville's moving platform) does not count as landing on the stage. First offense is a warning, second offense is a loss of stock, 3rd offense is a loss of set.

40 ledge grab rule (only when resulting in time out): If the timer runs before the game is finished and the ledge grab count is 40 or higher, the competitor who exceeded the ledge grab count will receive a loss for that game.

If the timer runs out, (and the ledge limit isn't exceeded), the victor is determined by stock then percentage. If percentage is the same then a one (1) stock tie breaker match will be played using the same characters and same stage.

Any infinite must end quickly after 300% has been reached to prevent excessive stalling.

Controller port disputes will be settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors, best of 3.

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Wall infinites are NOT banned.

Bowsercides/ Ganonsides will be in favor of Ganon/Bowser if it ends with it.

Any attempt to distract the player such as screaming/touching/hitting/movements while the match is being played will result in a stock loss.

Melee
Neutrals 1v1
* Final Destination
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Counter Picks 1v1
* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2
* Final Destination
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counter Picks 2v2
* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Banned
All stages not mentioned on the "Neutrals" and "Counter Picks" section

Set format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. Alternating strikes 1-2-1.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for "Counter Picks" of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

* 4 Stock
* Stock Sharing Allowed
* Team Attack: ON
* 7 minute timer
* Items are "off" and set to "none"
* Double elimination

Player may call double blind if he/she wants to.

Starting Stage
* Hyrule

Counter Picks
* Hyrule
* Dreamland
* Kongo Jungle
* Peach's Castle

Banned
* All stages not mentioned in the "Starting Stage" and "Counter Picks" section
* Extreme stalling (will result in warning, then disqualification)

* 5 stock
* Double elimination
* No items
* Matches are best 2 of 3
* Finals matches (losers, winners, grand) are best 3 of 5
* SSB DSR: You can't counterpick with a stage you have already won on (does not apply to the win from the first game)

VIII. Attendance

1. Cura
  2. Eevee
  3. Spamus
  4. Beta
  5. Erk
  6. San
  7. ESF Bowie
  8. Dudu
  9. Tears
  10. Pyro
  11. Shiv
  12. Vibe
  13. JesiahTEG
  14. Acton
  15. Sharky
  16. ManaLord
  17. Nightroglycerine
  18. Anub
  19. PikaPika!
  20. KIDGoggles
  21. Flaw
  22. TommyGreenShirt
  23. Moss
  24. Calm
  25. MetalPat
  26. Doommachine
  27. Zanda
  28. Tuna
  29. Honey Badger
  30. Ben
  31. Ethan
  32. Eaode
  33. Keitaro
  34. Ebo
  35. Tusm
  36. Kingtoon
  37. Chibo
  38. Kaylo
  39. Xzax
  40. Nintendude
  41. Rykard
  42. Nainsoo
  43. Hamburgler
  44. +3 Cornell Melee
IX. Setups
Tvs
Spamus
Zanda (x2)
Cura (x4)

Wiis
Zanda (x2)
Cornell
Sharky
KidGoggles

GCs
Spamus
Cornell (x2)

N64
Cornell (x2)
Cura
Zanda

Recording
Zanda
Pyro
Cornell

X. Past Events
AXS
Melee
Singles 21 Entrants
1. JesiahTEG $80
2. Tuna $44
3. Pika Pika $14
4. Beta $7
5. Minh
5. Kwan

Doubles 8 Teams
1. Cura/Tuna $62
2. JesiahTEG/Viciouz $30
3. Pika Pika/Yannick $14

Brawl
Singles 35 Entrants
1. Kingtoon $134
2. San $73
3. Xzax $24
4. Pika Pika $12
5. Cura
5. KID Goggles

Doubles 14 Teams
1. Cura/San $120
2. KidGoggles/Pika Pika $58
3. Xzax/Kingtoon $18

Syracuse Smash 3
Melee
Singles 14 Entrants
1. JesiahTEG $24.5
1. Vicouz $24.5
1. Pika Pika $24.5
1. Max $24.5
5. Cura
5. RTF

Doubles 5 Teams
1. JesiahTEG/Vicouz $31.5
2. Pika Pika/Max $31.5
3. KIDGoggles/RTF $7

Brawl
Singles 34 Entrants
1. Pika Pika $95
1. San $95
3. Kingtoon $23
4. Tusm $11
5. Ebo
5. K-9

Doubles 15 Teams
1. Cura/San $126
2. Kingtoon/Ebo $63
3. K-9/Kaylo $21

Syracuse Smash 2
Melee
Singles 50 Entrants
1. Rayne EX $150
2. Kirby Kaze $75
3. Unknown $25
4. Zoso
5. JesiahTEG
5. N64

Doubles 17 Teams
1. Rayne Ex/ Unknown $102
2. Sanuzi/KirbyKaze $51
3. KIDGoggles/PikaPika $17

Brawl
Singles 34 Entrants
1. Shadow $56
1. DMBrandon $56
1. Zucco $56
4. Pika Pika
5. Cura
5. San

Doubles 15 Teams
1. Shadow/DmBrandom $90
2. Cura/Snakeee $45
3. Ether/zucco $15

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Reserved.

This is just copied over from AXS 1 thread for now until it updated. Date will not change rules and schedule payouts and entry fees are subject to change.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I will at least bring a Wii setup. I will bring a TV if I get a ride instead of using the bus.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
This is actually week 1, perfect time. Definitely not missing this. Need a teammate if I plan to do teams (we all know how much I hate teams)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Sweet.

Iunno if I'm going, though. I've talked to my parents about APEX 2012 and they said maybe. I kinda wanna save money and try to make APEX 2012. So... sorry, and all. :l

altairian

Smash Lord
Awesome, can't wait!

I'll probably enter brawl this time around, and I might actually practice a bit beforehand!

(psst RPI kids when does your smash club start up again?)

altairian

Smash Lord
Alt, It starts today. Lol. If you're coming you should pick me up. c:
really? rofl dammit i kind of wanted to be a lazy bum and stay home the rest of the day... so yeah don't count on me coming, but I may we'll see how I feel after a bit of bashing my head against uncharted crushing mode

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
wait so it officially starts on 3/12 but goes on to 3/13 how does that work cuz I might not be able to go due to Drama club, and of course the last performance is on the 12...how lucky, god damn

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
wait so it officially starts on 3/12 but goes on to 3/13 how does that work cuz I might not be able to go due to Drama club, and of course the last performance is on the 12...how lucky, god damn
See, days are defined to begin and end at 12:00 am, more commonly referred to as midnight. So the event will start at 9:30 am on the 12th. The room is reserved until the end of the day. As previously explained, the day ends at 12:00 am. However, careful readers may notice that this is the same time that the next day, i.e. the 13th, begins. By convention, we treat 12:00 am as belonging to the day which it begins, rather than ends.

In terms of practical advice, if you anticipate being at the venue only on the 12th, your plans will only be off by the tiniest fraction of a second.

Hope this clears up any confusion. For further information, including history and colloquial usage, I suggest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to get some people from RPI but not sure yet if we can make it.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Parking info will be added later if you plan on driving we might be able to give on campus parking passes but you might have to give your license plate number for identification purposes

Rykard

Smash Ace
alright i am quite excited for this. I'm sharing this thread with the rest of the Cornell club so hopefully we will attend

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sweet.

Iunno if I'm going, though. I've talked to my parents about APEX 2012 and they said maybe. I kinda wanna save money and try to make APEX 2012. So... sorry, and all. :l
Your missing a tournament in march, so you can go to a tournament thats... next february?
See, days are defined to begin and end at 12:00 am, more commonly referred to as midnight. So the event will start at 9:30 am on the 12th. The room is reserved until the end of the day. As previously explained, the day ends at 12:00 am. However, careful readers may notice that this is the same time that the next day, i.e. the 13th, begins. By convention, we treat 12:00 am as belonging to the day which it begins, rather than ends.

In terms of practical advice, if you anticipate being at the venue only on the 12th, your plans will only be off by the tiniest fraction of a second.

Hope this clears up any confusion. For further information, including history and colloquial usage, I suggest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight.
rofll. too good.
alright i am quite excited for this. I'm sharing this thread with the rest of the Cornell club so hopefully we will attend
doubt it.

... I wish there was more than 4 people I could reasonably team and expect to do well with

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Your missing a tournament in march, so you can go to a tournament thats... next february?

rofll. too good.

doubt it.

... I wish there was more than 4 people I could reasonably team and expect to do well with
I wish you didnt have a douche response to every post.
I wish you werent such A MASSIVE FLAMING HYPOCRITE.
You trying to call me sexy?
You two should really stop bickering. Matt, you already know that speaking to him never leads to anything amicable. Kyle obviously doesn't like you, and you should just let him speak what he wants, unless you're seriously trying to prove a point (like sticking up for another person when Kyle is unnecessarily mean).

Kyle, he has a point. You didn't really have anything nice to say that entire post you made. If BCB can't make a tournament because of another factor, then let it be. It's already understood that he rarely can go to these events. Rather than commenting on his reasoning, you could say something a little bit nicer, or perhaps push that he approach the entire situation differently. If you're going to criticize the guy for his planning, at least do it constructively. In addition, saying what you said about teams, you could offer to maybe help other people improve. If you can't find anyone to team with that you could "expect to do well with," then obviously, the good players are opting to team with people at their relative skill levels, which means you may not be there, whatever that level is. Okay, so you're region-less, but must that transmute into you denigrating the entire community? Excuse us for having other things to do then play the game as frequently as we'd like. There is lots of room for improvement here. Sometimes, the contexts of your comments are so incredibly ill-welcomed and unsolicited that it's not even enjoyable/jovial anymore. Some people don't even engage in it, in yet you still feel the need to jump on their case. Your lack of interest in the community doesn't mean you should disparage those who have nothing to do with the features you don't like about it.

Anyway.

Hype :D

Edit: Cura and I will most likely be housing :D

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
[/COLOR]
I know it sounds extreme, but right now I'm kinda tight on cash as is. Plus this year my dad's gonna be the toughest on my grades and all. I figured that if I worry less about going to more tournies I'd probably have a better shot in the long run to make a national.

Afterwards I think I'd be able to start making regionals again.

Edit: I didn't find Goggles' post offensive at all, I understand that I may be more passive right now about tournies than I should be and my logic's a little confusing. But in the long run, I feel things will work out.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I honestly thought that I had mis read his post and I was asking for clarification. Now despite the fact that I may have brought it on myself, it doesnt change the fact that yall just took a neutral comment from me, and added a negative connotation to it for no reason other than, 'its Goggles, so hes obviously being a ****/hating.'

also, bcb thanks for understanding. if it were me I would try to go to this while keeping my grades up, and use THAT as a bargaining chip to bring up when you try to convince them to let you go to a big event next year, (only because I would assume that your money and maturity level would be vastly different by then). But if you think this is the best way to go about things than more power to you dude. what grade are you in anyway?

@ vibe.
ha ha. you funny. If you were going to say that, Im surprised you didnt use denigrating as your example because I actually did have to stop for a second to remember what that word meant.

about teams
Honestly, am I really saying anything that EVERYONE else isnt already thinking?
San
Pika x2
Cura
Goggles
Dr. G

obviously four of those people are going to team together. And those two teams are clearly going to get first and second (barring other region attendance) and the 5th wheel is either going to take third or not even enter. Its been that way since forever, and its for all intents and purposes not going to change anytime soon.

No offense intended here, it thats like steffon saying, 'I wish I could NOT team with Jesse, and still win doubles' (Hypothetically, regardless of win or lose, we all know Steffon always wants to team with Jesse. This is just an example.) Its stupid because thats not gonna happen because theres nobody that Steffon could team with, and beat Jesse. Because Jesse would just pick up Neil or mana or something, and laugh his way to the bank.

I honestly dont see the issue with verbalising the established standard. If theres something Im overlooking, please let me know.

Top Bottom