• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi: Webster's Birthday Bash! 1-29-11

Oro?!

Smash Hero
SSBB Singles (29 entrants)

1)Sago :metaknight:
1)Kain :wolf:
Split for time constraints
3)Arty :falco::metaknight::gw:
4)Fatboy Slim, The Warden from Superjail :metaknight:
5)Hunger :wario:
5)DLA :ganondorf::pikachu2::metaknight:
7)YoshQ :metaknight::luigi2:
7)Kirk :ike::olimar:
9)Oro?! :marth:
9)Kappy :kirby2:
9)Grimace :snake:
9)KenniSPAM :sheik::metaknight:
13)Akashi :marth::snake:
13)Meneil :ike:
13)Scythe :lucario:
13)Akrio :sheik:
17) SpongeJordan :lucas::metaknight:
17) Red Ryu :lucario:
17) Aimee :kirby2:
17)King :pikachu2:
17) Zwarm :rob:
17)Moozle :peach:
17)Dietz :luigi2:
17)Norm :lucario::snake:
25) Lokeloki :mario2:
25)Justin :ness2:
25)D King :lucario:
25) Dragmire :ganondorf:
25)Neonsex :marth:

SSBB Doubles (11 teams)

1)Sago+Hunger :metaknight: + :wario::snake::kirby2:
2)Fatboy Slim+Grimace :dedede::metaknight: + :snake::dedede:
3)Kain+Kappy :wolf: + :kirby2:
4)Scythe+Norm :lucario: + :lucario::snake:
5)Akashi+Meneil :marth: + :ike:
5)YoshQ+Secret Weapon :luigi2::metaknight: + ???
7)Kirk+Oro?! :ike: + :marth:
7)Tetsion team???
9)SpongeJordan+RedRyu :lucas: + :lucario:
9)KenniSPAM+Akiro :sheik::metaknight: + :sheik:
9)Aimee+D King :kirby2: + :lucario:

SSBM Singles(11 entrants)

1)Scythe :fox::falco:
2)Sago :sheik:
2)Oro?! :falcon::marth:
Split for time constraints
4)Arty :samus2::fox:
5)Dragmire :ganondorf:
5)Grimace :falcon:
7)King :falco::marth:
7)RedRyu :peach:
9)Hunger ???
9)Spongejordan :ganondorf:
9)Norm :sheik:
9)Loki :falcon:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Super Special Shoutout to Webster. Hope you enjoyed day 1(smash day) of your B-Day Bash. Never got any AH3 friendlies, but we will in the future for sure. It's always just fun to chill with you though even if we aren't playing any games. See you next month.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
ill wait for the tio file

dla was definitely more mk than anyone else

i got 9th with :sheik::metaknight:, akiro got 13th with :sheik:

thats all i remember basically

edit. add :snake: for arty :awesome:

Arty

Smash Lord
7. Kirk
9. KenniSpam
9. Kappy
9. Oro
9. Grimace
13. Akashi
13. Meneil
13. Scythe
13. Akiro

I'm sure on every one of those except for Diego at 13th. Depends on who kappy beat before he fought kirk.

Fun tourney everyone!. Add Snake to my chars plz :awesome:

Akashi

Smash Lord
i did bad this tourney! But i had fun, and i did ask for a hard bracket :) so i lost to great players. I had fun in my tourneys and mm's, so thx to everyone that played with me. I'll post more later - i'm on my phone atm. Happy bday webster!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I goofed at this one :p I'll do a backflip if I get an easier bracket next time!

GGs everyone, it was nice seeing you all again :) Happy birthday Webster!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Hate to break it to you guys, but no one had an "easy bracket". There was 1 good player in every pod AT LEAST. No one had an easy second round winners and on.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Educated Guesses
----
17th: SpongeJordan :lucas: :metaknight: (Lost to Marshall WR1, beat Loki LR1, Lost to Grimace LR2)
17th: Red Ryu :lucario: (lost to ???? WR1 , beat Zwarm LR1, Lost to Akiro LR2)
17th: Aimee :kirby2: (Lost to ???? WR1, Bye LR1, Lost to Oro LR2)
25th: Zwarm :rob: :peach: (lost to... Arty? WR1, lost to Red Ryu LR1)
25th: Lokeloki :mario2: (Lost to Norm WR1, lost to Sponge LR1)

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sago. lol random hunger appearance..thought he quit for good.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Educated Guesses
----
17th: SpongeJordan :lucas: :metaknight: (Lost to Marshall WR1, beat Loki LR1, Lost to Grimace LR2)
17th: Red Ryu :lucario: (lost to ???? WR1 , beat Zwarm LR1, Lost to Akiro LR2)
17th: Aimee :kirby2: (Lost to ???? WR1, Bye LR1, Lost to Oro LR2)
25th: Zwarm :rob: :peach: (lost to... Arty? WR1, lost to Red Ryu LR1)
25th: Lokeloki :mario2: (Lost to Norm WR1, lost to Sponge LR1)
I lost to Red Ryu WR1, Meneil LR1. I went all ROB, no Peach in tournament, only MM's.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
whose wii was it in the corner by the trash can? (the one with the ghetto 80's TV)

cuz i saved the me vs. yoshq frigate pause DQ game onto its SD card and they should upload it :DDDD

Sago

Smash Lord
Jakey Bear and SammyTown take catnaps in paradise....just saying.

I fet well rested and ready comming in to this and it made all the diffrence.

Kaukauna- awsome getting to see you guys. your some of my closest friends and its always a blast. Plus our teams matchs are some of the sickest **** in existance.

Kain-Sorry about the split. The way i look at it, we should have a chance to play again this weekend anyways. Me hopes. I feel like i played better then i everhave during our first set. we just took turns 2 stocking each other.

Yoshq Crew- Glad you guys could come over. it was real fun. except i was exhausted at work today

Thanks to everyone else i talked to and supported me.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm not happy with how I did at this thing. I felt fine during MM's for the most part, but I randomly got really tired and angry after my match with Red Ryu (don't worry RR, it has nothing to do with you, honestly) and wasn't performing as well as I could have, so I blew it. I still enjoyed myself here, but I was having more fun playing Peach in MM's and watching other matches than I was during the actual bracket. Oh well. Guess I'll have to do better next weekend.

:peach:

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Brackets:

ssbb doubles

ssbb singles

ssbm singles

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the b-day love on here, on facebook, or in person....I really appreciate it. Thank you a ton for coming out to my tournament this weekend.

And special thanks for those who came on both days. That's really awesome.

Good times were had by all...I hope.

Alright now back to business:

* Pause button WILL be removed from all tournament matches from every tournament here on out.

This should reduce the amount of penalties or any type of unnecessary delay, during sets.

* I'll have the next tournament thread/date posted soon

* MvC3 and SSBB/SSBM will be played (MvC3 will be huge so expect things to get crowded)

Hope to see you there.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Webster, removing pause works, but it can be horribly inconvenient. First, everyone would need to remember to turn off pause on their Wii... and considering that this would probably be the first time any of us would have to turn off pause for a tournament EVER, I'm sure a lot of us will forget. And then when someone pauses on accident, we still won't have a rule to decide what happens.

Also, if you can't pause, then you can't end the contest... you need to run off the stage three times, which is annoying and takes a long time. Also, most people don't care if you pause, and it's useful if you need to reset your C-stick or something.

I talked about it with a lot of people and pretty much everyone agreed that the best option is losing one stock if you pause (if they choose to enforce the rule at all). Another option is the pauser's opponent gets one free hit of his choice on the pauser. And of course there's disqualification from the match.

Maybe you should take a quick poll to see if we can come to an agreement?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
A special shoutout to Webster for being the awesome guy he is! Hope your b-day was kick-***, bro!

1)Sago - Thanks again for those friendlies, Sago. I really feel like I have some sort of grasp on MK, now. :) Good **** on beating Kain and getting 1st!

1)Kain - Fun friendlies, and good **** on beating Hunger! Don't worry, there will come a tournament where you won't split for first!

3)Arty - Thank you for showing me that I should expand my stages and just ban FD. I played my best against you, I think. And yay for no IC's! LOL. And never go Snake again, yo!

5)Hunger - Always nice seeing you, dude. Next time let's get in dat Kirby ditto!

7)Kirk - Thank you for the ride there and for showing me that I absolutely MUST ban FD. LOL. That 3-stock just killed all momentum I had. Your Olimar's getting insanely legit!

9)Oro?! - Losing to Arty and Kirk, too? Amazing! :colorful: Good **** on 9th, and thanks for the ride back!

9)Kappy - Yay, I reached my goal of top 10! :)

9)Grimace - Dat grounded hammer in dubs, yo! I was so salty about being KO'd from Dash Attack Game 4. LOL. We should play friendlies! It's been a while since I've played your Snake.

9)KenniSPAM - I told you in my blog that you could be really cool if you just talked to people and didn't take the game so seriously, and look! We talked, and you're actually a really cool guy! BTW, that DQ stuff was dumb. :(

13)Scythe - I'm going to get 3-stocked the next time we play, guaranteed. LOL

17) SpongeJordan - Holy **** your Lucas has gotten super-legit! As always, it's nice seeing you, Sponge!

Moozle - Your Peach is super-legit, dude. She's so fast and smooth (LOL!).

Arty

Smash Lord
DLA, the free hit rule is very dumb lol, especially against Icies. I know I'm gonna be pausing every time I get grabbed haha.

The loss of a stock seems the most fair.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
DLA, the free hit rule is very dumb lol, especially against Icies. I know I'm gonna be pausing every time I get grabbed haha.

The loss of a stock seems the most fair.
I didn't even think of that lol... yeah ignore the free hit rule. I was just throwing ideas out there.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I goofed at this one :p I'll do a backflip if I get an easier bracket next time!

GGs everyone, it was nice seeing you all again :) Happy birthday Webster!
I was expecting something much worse. You dodged like 4 or 5 of the top of the players, arguably even more.

Yes to the poll. If someone asks to reset their controller or something, don't be an *** and make em lose a stock unless they do it during a chain grab, to read a tech, potential recovery (screwing up ness' comes to mind), optimizing di, etc.

Out of curiousity, what exactly happened with the pause at this tournament?

Top Bottom