• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Smash Tournament VII - Jan. 29 - Reflex, BigLou, Kismet, Elev8

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Melee didn't really happen due to lack of interest. Moogle and Joot, I have your doubles money. theONEjanitor, I have your money. Mahgnittoc, I have your TV. Someone left their wallet.

Video Thread

Brawl Singles (30 entrants) - confirm characters please?
Bracket
1: TheReflexWonder ($180.00) :wario:
2: BigLou ($90.00) :diddy: :metaknight:
3: kismet2 ($30.00) :metaknight: :falco:
4: elev8 :popo: :dedede:
5: George :kirby2:
5: Billy :falco: ???
7: Ragnarok :metaknight:
7: Micaelis :wario:
9: moogle :fox:
9: theONEjanitor :snake:
9: Will_ :metaknight:
9: Mahgnittoc :diddy:
13: talon
13: Cheap
13: Twinster
13: TheBrownScourge
17: shaSLAM
17: noID
17: Aloha
17: Soul
17: Ryker
17: breygan
17: kid_EZ
17: LlamaSensei
25: Pharoh
25: Guru
25: braxton
25: Tetsujin
25: ikebrawler14
25: Chad

Brawl Doubles (13 entrants)
Bracket
1: No you're not, I'm Batman (Billy + Kismet2) ($78.00)
2: Authenticious (elev8 + TheReflexWonder) ($39.00)
3: Orca Whales (BigLou + Micaelis) ($13.00)
4: It Don't Matter (Ragnarok + Ryker)
5: Magical Tetris Challenge (Will_ + George)
5: Royalty (Guru + Pharoh)
7: Scenic Chocolate (moogle + Chad)
7: GregJennings (Kid_EZ + NoID)
9: Average Joes (Soul + FLGators)
9: Team Team Name (Duchock + Cheap)
9: IkePit (bumblebomb + IkeBrawler14)
9: Chicken Quesadilla (ShaSLAM + Mahgnittoc)
13: Do a Barrel Roll (Talon + LlamaSensei)

j00t

Smash Champion
You also have our entry fee for Melee singles, George. :p Mine and moogle's, that is.

j00t

Smash Champion
He said he had our money for doubles, but we entered singles as well.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Breygan: You're the man! Run Sonic Run!
Moogle: I love playing you in SSB64. It is always amazing
Micaelis: You're a pretty cool dude, and good job
Winnar: Oh wait... he didn't come :mad:
Billy: It was fun getting crushed by you

Either way, it was an awesome tournament guys! It was fun to watch some really great guys in action.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
snake sucks

shouts

reflex. what a beast. i meant to get some friendlies in but it didn't happen maybe next time. i kept in mind some of the advice you game me previous and it helped a lot.
biglou. thanks a lot for all the help. I really learned a lot. maybe i'll suck it up and play on wifi.
kismet. why do I have to play you at every tournament? im gonna have to learn that MK matchup at some point.
elev8. good **** at getting 4th. I want to play your ICs soon. I can't believe I just said that.
Geo. great tournament as always. hope you can have more. its nice to not have to go 3 hours for a tournamenta haha.
billy. we didn't play at this tourney, but i might have to hit you up for some snake tips soon.
ragnarock. i had a feeling you were gonna eliminate me, but god you aint have to scrub me like that lol. i want more friendlies against your metaknight soon i need to learn that matchup
moogle. pretty good placing for not being the most active brawl player. i wanted to get some melee matches in with you maybe next time
will. good to see you. good melee friendlies hope you can come out more
cheap. i think i've fought you at almost every tournament i've been too. that peach is always scary haha
twin. good hanging out with you. good friendlies. didn't you read my haiku? don't recover on the stage so much lol
slam. you have to unlock to true gayness of metaknight. learn the matchups. its someting i plan on doing as well.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
snake sucks

shouts

reflex. what a beast. i meant to get some friendlies in but it didn't happen maybe next time. i kept in mind some of the advice you game me previous and it helped a lot.
biglou. thanks a lot for all the help. I really learned a lot. maybe i'll suck it up and play on wifi.
kismet. why do I have to play you at every tournament? im gonna have to learn that MK matchup at some point.
elev8. good **** at getting 4th. I want to play your ICs soon. I can't believe I just said that.
Geo. great tournament as always. hope you can have more. its nice to not have to go 3 hours for a tournamenta haha.
billy. we didn't play at this tourney, but i might have to hit you up for some snake tips soon.
ragnarock. i had a feeling you were gonna eliminate me, but god you aint have to scrub me like that lol. i want more friendlies against your metaknight soon i need to learn that matchup
moogle. pretty good placing for not being the most active brawl player. i wanted to get some melee matches in with you maybe next time
will. good to see you. good melee friendlies hope you can come out more
cheap. i think i've fought you at almost every tournament i've been too. that peach is always scary haha
twin. good hanging out with you. good friendlies. didn't you read my haiku? don't recover on the stage so much lol
slam. you have to unlock to true gayness of metaknight. learn the matchups. its someting i plan on doing as well.
I told Slam like 2 things and he instantly got better.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why are me and Rag 5th in doubles when we put Pharoh and Guru out of the tournament? Doesn't that, by default put us ahead of them?

Anyway, awesome tourney. Thanks for housing us Aloha. Stay at his house and you can take Elev8, true facts.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Why are me and Rag 5th in doubles when we put Pharoh and Guru out of the tournament? Doesn't that, by default put us ahead of them?

Anyway, awesome tourney. Thanks for housing us Aloha. Stay at his house and you can take Elev8, true facts.
Woops, fixed.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@George - I only played Wario at this tournament, no MK at all. I'd appreciate an icon change.

I had a lot of fun at this tournament. Thanks for the friendlies and good times like always.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
@George - I only played Wario at this tournament, no MK at all. I'd appreciate an icon change.

I had a lot of fun at this tournament. Thanks for the friendlies and good times like always.
See, this is the stuff I don't get to see because I'm too busy making sure everyone is playing matches. :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think I might start exclusively using Pokémon Trainer for the Diddy matchup. The extra ground control with Squirtle is so nice.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What? Why? lol it seems to me that wario is working out well vs diddy.
I do feel more comfortable with Squirtle. It's nice to be able to fight on the ground knowing that Squirtle uses bananas perhaps better than Diddy does.

Regardless, I just don't know. Either way, I need to stop being so aggressive.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
If it's mobility you desire, just run over those bananas with your motorcycle! /jokepost

Bananas should totally make you spin out on the bike like in Mario Kart.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Dont go back down that path of playing mid tiers lol, just go all wario.

THATS WHY WERE USING BETTER CHARACTERS NOW

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Do you like the higher tier characters better though?
I like the options more, generally speaking. I feel like I'm playing to my full potential this way.

Wario is the custom combo character, and getting in on good players takes a lot of thought. I dropped him in the past partly because I got bored of him, but there's a lot to improve on, and I can see that now.

The most enjoyable thing about Wario is the fact that I feel like everything that happens to me is my fault. I have the ability to avoid -everything,- so getting screwed by Meta Knight or grab-release shenanigans just means that I need to play it smarter.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Do you like the higher tier characters better though?

Well, I must say it wasn't easy finding a high tier character that I actually enjoyed playing with. By enjoy I suppose you mean do I like playing them. Wel, I do enjoy it now because I feel like I am in control of the situation and I don't get gayed out by as much things. Luigi is extrememly hard to use vs campy players and top tiers, so the potential of my playing is limited by Luigi's options.

After playing with diddy now I actually do enjoy using him a lot. I am going to learn every matchup with diddy and then I'm gonna drop Mk and second luigi for certain matchups

I like the options more, generally speaking. I feel like I'm playing to my full potential this way.

Wario is the custom combo character, and getting in on good players takes a lot of thought. I dropped him in the past partly because I got bored of him, but there's a lot to improve on, and I can see that now.

The most enjoyable thing about Wario is the fact that I feel like everything that happens to me is my fault. I have the ability to avoid -everything,- so getting screwed by Meta Knight or grab-release shenanigans just means that I need to play it smarter.
Agreed, with diddy I can actually be in more control of what happens and I feel like when I lose it's because i need to step it up

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Joel, Calvin, Lounis, older brother--

I'm putting up the videos on each of the character boards' video threads. Check in and see what they have to say. I'd like for everyone to improve as much as possible.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's okay Reflex, your wario is free to an expert peanut shooter like me, biglou just isn't shooting enough peanuts yet, but soon he will realize the true potential of shooting more peanuts.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i feel you about wario reflex. it feels so good knowing you can avoid like... anything. i miss it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I mean, I enjoy Marth and he's a higher tier character. Ike was fun at one point but he's just gimp bait.

So I pretty much only enjoy Marth because he feels the best to me.

Top Bottom