• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! 2: Stop the car: March 19th Ft. Dr.PP, M2k, Newlyweds, dogy & MORE

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
BOTTLES>ICE>BLIZZARD

Well guys this is it! Volume 2 in the G6 monthlies series. Come out and support the North carolina smash scene. The new venue is 100 percent legit and approved. Much like the Herb 3 venue, this tournament will be held in a hotel, Butt OOS fear not! I offer housing for all :D
G6 monthlies is going to be NC's premier tournament series, leading into a regional tournament sometime in the future called S.L.A.M Ill need all of your help and all your support but together I know we can do this!

Location!

The Wingate By Windham hotel
7841 Gateway Lane NW
I-85 exit 49 Speedway Blvd
Concord, NC 28027 US

Plenty of parking, loading deck for setups and HELLA FOOD nearby.

Times.
Doors open at 10am
Registration closes at 11
Melee Doubles bracket and brawl doubles bracket will begin NO LATER than 11:30
Food break four 1 hour immeditely following doubles (we may cut food break depending on time alloted, sorry fellas)

singles for both games will start no later than 5:30pm.

Doors will close at 11 pm MAYBE.

I NEED SETUPS

Entries

Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles $16 per team
Brawl singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $16 per team
Door Fee: 5$

[collapse=Stage List for Melee and brawl]

Melee

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
General melee rules
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Brawl stage list and rules

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
35 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 35 ledge grabs you lose that match. ) | 60 LGL for teams
Items are OFF including smash ball
Grab release infinites on ness, Lucas and squirtle are banned.
Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

THERE IS NO CP RANDOM RULE YOU MUST CHOOSE A STAGE.

Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
Controller Mods are banned
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*
[/collapse]

Food.

This venue is located Hella close to loads of places for food, Within 0.3 miles (Walking distance...even for me..)

[collapse=convenient food nearby]

[/collapse]

Snaps Final thoughts and rules.

My gas rule.

The car coming from the farthest distance, as determined by google maps, gets a gas bonus, of (at the time of G6 monthlies round 1) 20 dollars, If this gets bigger, this amount may become forty

0Room

Smash Lord
I'ma try as hard as I can to come
Dunno what's going on though
I should be fine though

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wait a minute

When did M2K say he wanted to go G6???

He just wants to do a sponsored Brawl tourney. <.<

That might have some Melee later.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i recognize that but...i don't suspect this'll be any smaller than the first one...at least if m2k is sposta show up...

i guess we'll see.

Top Bottom