• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer

Click Here for the CEO Promotional Trailer

Welcome to The CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Smash Bros Thread.
CEO 2010 was a big success thanks to the help of smashers, Plank and HungryBox so I'm glad to have you guys be a part of this event again.
Everything this time is twice as big and this will be hosted By Myself (Alex Jebailey),, HungryBox and Cecil(Neil C.).

Registration is now LIVE!!!

CEO 2011 Registration is up and Fully operational.

http://ceogaming.org/registration

Please support CEO by staying at the venue itself. Info is below

http://ceogaming.org/registration/hotel

ATTN Smashers:
**You will be able to pay on site on Friday morning(Smash Schedule will be posted closer tot he event) for Super Smash Bros Singles and Doubles for Both Melee and Brawl, as well as the High Roller Tournaments and Team Tournaments 3v3 for Specific Fighting Games TBD. Badge Registration is still required but there will not be any late fees for paying for these above tournaments.

For All Smash Bros Attendees you must Please Purchase your event badge here and sign up for any non smash games you'd like to enter then please

Pre Register your name here for Smash Game Signups. This is to save CEO from paying online fees so the players can receive their Prize money Right as their tournaments end.
Payout for Smash Games will be determined soon but will be 100% of the Tournament Entry fees per game.

You Can Click here to see who has Registered for Smash Games Specifically.

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships is a 3 day Gaming Convention for all Fighting Game Enthusiasts from all over the world competing for cash and prizes. Come witness and compete with some of the best players in the world inside of one of the largest 18,000 sq ft tournament gaming venues at the Wyndham Orlando Resort. If you want to come out and just have fun there will also be plenty of Casual Gaming Stations to play some of the latest Games. There will also be Arcade Cabinets with old school Fighting Games courtesy of DJ Delly. All Tournament Equipment and setups(40+ Xbox 360's/PS3 and Asus Tournament Monitors) will be Provided Courtesy of EXPCon.Org and CEOGaming.

Smash Rules Can be found here http://ceogaming.org/rules/ssbm
CEO 2011 will be abiding by the New Unity Rule Set Below:
The following ruleset was created by the BBR Ruleset Committee, which is made up by active, respected Tournament Organizers from around the United States. This will be considered the standard, universal ruleset for Brawl tournaments across the US. Any tournaments that do not follow this ruleset will not be eligible for stickies on SWF or featured coverage on AllisBrawl.

Changes to this ruleset can be made at any time and without warning, for which we will update the version based on the significance of the change. The Ruleset Committee will pay close attention to tournament trends, and if a persistent problem presents itself, the Ruleset Committee will address the issue and adapt the ruleset as necessary. If you are interested in being admitted to the BBR-RC, send your tournament resume to AlphaZealot - you must however, have run 1 tournament with the Unity Ruleset in order to be eligible for admission.

UNITY RULESET 1.1 will be used for Brawl
Go here for all the rules http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

Please continue reading for Event Badge Information and to sign up for other tournaments if you are interested.
Save by buying your Badges early, Also there will be Spectator Badges for $20 for the entire weekend to bring your friends and Family. Also There will be a Door Prize Raffle at the event, To Enter You simply Purchase a badge and get one ticket with your name into the raffle, For each Official Tournament you also register for that's an extra ticket into the Raffle for you so anyone can win. Prizes will be announced closer to the event. And Sponsored by EXPcon.org there will be a Fighting Game Cosplay Contest, Details and prizes to be announced at a later date, this will be free to enter.
IMPORTANT NOTICE- You MUST* Pre Register before June 6th for Any of the Official Tournaments listed above. At 11:55 on Monday June 6th ALL Online Registration will be CLOSED!
*There will be a last Minute Emergency Registration $40 Badge and $15 Tournament entry Fee for official Tournaments from 10 am Until 3 pm on Friday June 10th. Tournaments will begin at 6 pm on Friday. You should avoid this at all costs to save time and money. NO TOURNAMENT SIGNUPS ALLOWED for Official Tournaments on SATURDAY or SUNDAY. If you are Not Pre Registered online or by Friday Afternoon at 3pm You will NOT Be allowed to Compete. On Site Registration for Official Tournaments is very time consuming and therefore should be avoided at all costs, if there are no available byes in the brackets or pools then you will not be allowed to enter.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS once You have Registered for CEO 2011. Be Certain that you have made arrangements to attend.

Complete and Final Schedule for all official Tournaments will be annouced May 15th 2011.
For more information, updates, prizes, sponsorships, complete rules and schedule please visit www.ceogaming.org.
Any and all Questions Can be directed to CEOgaming@gmail.com

Pengie

Smash Lord
Hopefully soon so that this doesn't get buried under the other tournaments. Until then though, I guess we'll just have to hype this up to the top of the listings!

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
do you have to reg online. Cause i don't have debit or credit.
If you Absolutely can not then you unfortunately will be required to buy a badge at the Venue for 40 Dollars. I suggest Asking a family member or close friend to buy it for you. Luckily Smash doesn't need to be paid in advance so I hope that helps.

If it becomes a big problem I may be able to arrange on site pickup with Cash for a lesser amount.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
just buy a prepaid Visa gift card at walmart.

Or you can just get one of those regular prepaid debit cards at the same place too.

:rosalina:
Man I totally forgot about that and I used to have to buy 100's of them for work. Genius man glad you suggested it. I'll be posting this up everywhere as an option.

TKila

Smash Apprentice
there is a chance from 2 people from Colombia go to That EVENT :D we need extra information in the register or something? how i can buy a pass D:

There is any special offert from Foreign people :D?

strawhats

Smash Master
there is a chance from 2 people from Colombia go to That EVENT :D we need extra information in the register or something? how i can buy a pass D:

There is any special offert from Foreign people :D?
do you guys main YL? :)

Pengie

Smash Lord
Why is this **** not being hyped up enough? This thread should be staying up there in the top 3 threads! I guess the rest of the worlds just scared of coming here and getting bodied... oh well

Masky

Smash Master
I'm so confused, what exactly do we need to buy/do online to compete in Smash and will prices change at some point and if so when?

Toneh

Smash Lord
Signing up for the weekend badge later tonight.

If pools become confirmed for smash, that should be added to the OP :cool:. That will bring extra hype.
I'm so confused, what exactly do we need to buy/do online to compete in Smash and will prices change at some point and if so when?
He said for smash all we need is the weekend badge and we'll pay for the events in person. If you wait, the weekend badges get more expensive. It says it in the OP under "ATTN Smashers:"

"Singles for Melee and Brawl will each be $10 per entry and doubles will be $20 per Team of 2 players."

Masky

Smash Master
Okay, then all I need to know is when will the weekend badges actually be getting more expensive? I need to know when I need to buy my badge by AND when to get my crewmates to buy badges as well (they won't buy stuff until the deadline for some reason).

Toneh

Smash Lord
Okay, then all I need to know is when will the weekend badges actually be getting more expensive? I need to know when I need to buy my badge by AND when to get my crewmates to buy badges as well (they won't buy stuff until the deadline for some reason).
On the reg. page it says "CEO 2011 Early Bird Badge Registration ends Feb 28, 2011"
We dont play Melee competition Level :(
We are going for Brawl, and i main Olimar / MK and my friend Main MK / Diddykong
Angbad told me about this, good stuff man. Come find us at the tourny.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
If you go to the registration page, the Badges show you when Sales end at the current price, So you have until Feb 28th to get the Early Bird Pricing then it goes up 5 bucks after that until end of May.

http://ceogaming.org/registration

So to explain again for Smash, You MUST buy your CEO Weekend Badge in advance then fill out the Smash only Registration page Here https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dDdEWHdONExwdkFkQmk4QzNQNzdnVlE6MQ#gid=0

Then just PAY for your Smash games at the tourney with no worries of late fees or anything since Whoever running Smash will have your names signed up already to check off as you pay. It saves me from losing money on fees taken out when you pay in advance.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I also would like to add and I'll put it in the first post soon, We will definitely need as many Smash Setups as you are willing to bring. Tables will all be setup and ready to go for you guys but since I'm handling all other games and don't own any Wii's GC's, Smash success will be thanks to you guys. I'll figure out how I'll handle some sort of payback system for people who bring Systems and they get used.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Tables will all be setup and ready to go for you guys but since I'm handling all other games and don't own any Wii's GC's, Smash success will be thanks to you guys. I'll figure out how I'll handle some sort of payback system for people who bring Systems and they get used.
Thats a pretty good incentive. What about TV's, or are those all covered?

Also if smash takes place over more than 1 day, you would have to add details like, are wii's being left overnight or do owners take them back until the next day. If left overnight, are they safe?

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Just registered. Will buy my badge when I get home tonight.

So there's a bunch of games at this.

How many people are actually going to be here then? Sounds really big haha.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
should be very large as far as standard fighting games go. not sure how big the brawl part will be. Watching MvC3 and SSFIV tourney should be entertaining though

thats one thing standard fighters have over brawl, as far as their actual tourneys go. most of their tourneys are multiple fighting games (more than 2 i mean), while our is at 2 max. then again, ours is so vastly different we dont really have a choice :laugh:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Anybody doing any housing. Im from Mobile,al and I might be 2 others with me maybe more.

Pengie

Smash Lord
This tournaments happening at a hotel so if no one can house you always have the option of staying at the hotel if you are unable to be housed by anyone.

In other news, Why is this thread not at the top of the page anymore? We gotta hype this **** up guys!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This looks serious.

So I'm curious as to whether the payouts for smash will be the standard pot entry payouts or a possible guaranteed payout.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Payout for Smash Games will be determined soon but will be 100% of the Tournament Entry fees per game.
Going by this it seems to be based on a percentage of the pot, so it will likely be the usual smash payouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom