• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Frozen Notepad

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, when I practice I often find nifty things that I want to remember but never can because I go off and do something else and I don't practice enough to remember lol.

Since I've practiced every day this week so far(planning on doing so up until pound5) I decided to take some notes and I'll be dumping them here. If anyone else wants to do the same feel free and I'll put them in the OP. Always a chance you will learn something from someone, even if it's known.

Hylian's notes:

• When doing the squall desynch press B BEFORE you input a direction, if you do a direction first or at the same time it will buffer the direction and nana won't do an ice block.
  • Kakera's desynch: When you shield watch nana. Once she goes into her skidding animation press B and this desynch will always work. The visual cue helps a lot.
  • Using the shield drop desynch(or really probably just the dash back desynch, it's just easier to identify when doing kakeras version) spotdodge when you shield instead of dropping it. This creates sort of a spotdodge desynch by combining the kakera and dash back desynch with a spotdodge. Seems pretty useful in certain situations.

Cheese's notes:

• Usually worth committing to saving Nana, unless you have a huge lead or are SLIGHTLY behind, risk the stock for the infinite.
  • Don't squall shields, it doesn't work often enough to be worth it.
  • Don't assume that because you set up a grab, you landed it. Continue actions to limit their options until you actually confirm a grab.
  • NEVER overcommit to a grab, they'll eventually land into them.
  • Few options doesn't mean no options.
  • When your opponent is at kill %, do NOT throw extra kill moves, just punish something, or kill them off the top with stale uair, who cares?
  • When falling, landing on your opponent is generally bad unless you have a specific reason. "Grab" is not a specific reason.
  • Tether without jumping whenever possible, if you DI up off a clipped tether, you can usually recover if you still have a jump.
  • Airdodge Mixups:
    1. Full jump towards, retreating double AD
    2. SHFFAD (OBVIOUS)
    3. If you repeat these two, you die.
  • Every single % tacked on counts. One safe % from blizzard is > any amount of unsafe options.
  • Camp when you're winning, ALWAYS!
  • Dash grabs are obvious and usually terrible.
  • When SoPo, play safe, it's amazing how many stupid moves you can land on an opponent chasing a single climber.
  • If you can't grab them, stay away from them. (generally, not in all MUs)
  • After you take off a stock, you're incredibly vulnerable. Don't corner yourself, and especially don't waste your double jump.

Lux's notes:
- If you're getting hit, don't do that* A lot of the setups that I advocate require precision in terms of execution and zoning. Certain setups lend themselves to being more aggressive in terms of how they cause interaction with your opponent, while others are more defensive. If you're getting hit out of a more aggressive option, use a more neutral option. If you're getting hit out of a neutral option, use a defensive option. If you're getting hit out of a defensive option, don't use a setup at all.

- If you're losing, run the play where you win* Try different things even if you find something that "works". Try different things if you have enough time. Then once you're comfortable with what works, practice executing that.

- Do that thing I taught you* I talk a lot out of theory with little regard for what's practical to execute. However, even if it's too hard, a lot of the things I talk about do actually work. Practice execution until you can do even the Hylian's and RIDSCSR setups on a consistent basis.

- Getting separated is the easiest Desync* When you get separated and after you've successfully Guard broken, you'd be surprised what kind of random setups you can cause just by holding down special as Nana returns to you.

- Out Tech skilling your opponent = Victory *We are Ice Climbers. While it might not look "flashy", even the little things that are technically hard to execute go a long way in helping keep opponents off balance. If your matchup plan is sound, if your tech skill doesn't fail you, you will win.

- SONAR, CPR, AIDS, DSG, LD1* Seriously, DSG and LD1 are legit, especially combined :) :) :)

- If you can't remember what the acronym stands for, it's probably not that important anyways *Just because it looks technically intimidating by the input name, doesn't mean that it's unexecutable. What's more important is how you use it.

- If you can't remember the frame data off the top of your head, it's probably not that important anyways*Your own reaction time has more to do with if your counters hit or not. If you have a game plan with how you'll react prior to mixup, you can be more frame ideal which is often better than trying to choose the frame ideal option.

- Level 9 CPU's go stupid hard aggro so you can learn desync spacing in practice with them* This helps surprisingly well in finding out what's safe. If you want to find out what's a good aggro option, go to training with a level 9 CPU and put the thing on "Run" and use only setups to try to catch it.

-Stop dropping chaingrabs * Practice on all the universal stage list levels. Practice in weird scenarios like on platforms. Practice all characters

- TL v. IC Matchup > Pick up a secondary* Especially since we suck on RC and Brinstar, there's no shame in picking up a second.

-Please don't infract me, I can write a legit one if you want, I'm just really bad so nobody wants my opinion anyways* I hope people agree with what I said.

- Besides, nobody would understand it anyways* And I hope it's relatable and helpful.

On PS1 and PS2, walk your opponents to the metallic edges using Dthrows CGs if you grab them. The stage transformation will break CGs

It's definitely more difficult to space CGs while on ramps, especially for Bthrows. Rather than CG on a ramp, it's often safer to walk your opponent to a flat spot.

If you have to walk them on a ramp, it is much easier using Dthrows going down the ramp. It is also much easier to use fthrows going up a ramp. I frame tested it.

When you random Ice Climbers 3 rounds in a row as your opponent to practice CG's on, it's time to quit.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
My notebook wouldn't fit in a thread, lol. Good idea though. If I think up random stuff, I'll post it here as well as in my notes. Actually, I'll copy my notes from the "general" section of my book.

• Usually worth committing to saving Nana, unless you have a huge lead or are SLIGHTLY behind, risk the stock for the infinite.
  • Don't squall shields, it doesn't work often enough to be worth it.
  • Don't assume that because you set up a grab, you landed it. Continue actions to limit their options until you actually confirm a grab.
  • NEVER overcommit to a grab, they'll eventually land into them.
  • Few options doesn't mean no options.
  • When your opponent is at kill %, do NOT throw extra kill moves, just punish something, or kill them off the top with stale uair, who cares?
  • When falling, landing on your opponent is generally bad unless you have a specific reason. "Grab" is not a specific reason.
  • Tether without jumping whenever possible, if you DI up off a clipped tether, you can usually recover if you still have a jump.
  • Airdodge Mixups:
    1. Full jump towards, retreating double AD
    2. SHFFAD (OBVIOUS)
    3. If you repeat these two, you die.
  • Every single % tacked on counts. One safe % from blizzard is > any amount of unsafe options.
  • Camp when you're winning, ALWAYS!
  • Dash grabs are obvious and usually terrible.
  • When SoPo, play safe, it's amazing how many stupid moves you can land on an opponent chasing a single climber.
  • If you can't grab them, stay away from them. (generally, not in all MUs)
  • After you take off a stock, you're incredibly vulnerable. Don't corner yourself, and especially don't waste your double jump.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh man ><

This is actually pretty awesome. EA and I were thinking of starting a thread called "state of the IC's metagame" or something like that which is similar to this. We might still end up doing that but I'd like to see where this goes.

@ Hylian Notebook -

Question: Why are you shielding/spot dodging/ etc. when doing the Kakera? I know you know that I know that you know that you don't need to do that.

You could just simply do a non shield drop/spot dodge version of the desync and then do a DSC/Sliding Spotdodge after the IB comes out if you're trying to be aggressive in spacing. Or there are better options if you're trying to be neutral in spacing.

Not saying you're doing it wrong. Just wondering why you'd use that method over others.

@ Cheese Notebook - If they are at kill percents, instead of doing grab setups, I just circumvent the grab and go straight into the Usmash off of the formerly grab setup now DSCJCUsmash setup. Does that count as throwing out extra kill moves?

My notebook -

- If you're getting hit, don't do that* A lot of the setups that I advocate require precision in terms of execution and zoning. Certain setups lend themselves to being more aggressive in terms of how they cause interaction with your opponent, while others are more defensive. If you're getting hit out of a more aggressive option, use a more neutral option. If you're getting hit out of a neutral option, use a defensive option. If you're getting hit out of a defensive option, don't use a setup at all.

- If you're losing, run the play where you win* Try different things even if you find something that "works". Try different things if you have enough time. Then once you're comfortable with what works, practice executing that.

- Do that thing I taught you* I talk a lot out of theory with little regard for what's practical to execute. However, even if it's too hard, a lot of the things I talk about do actually work. Practice execution until you can do even the Hylian's and RIDSCSR setups on a consistent basis.

- Getting separated is the easiest Desync* When you get separated and after you've successfully Guard broken, you'd be surprised what kind of random setups you can cause just by holding down special as Nana returns to you.

- Out Tech skilling your opponent = Victory *We are Ice Climbers. While it might not look "flashy", even the little things that are technically hard to execute go a long way in helping keep opponents off balance. If your matchup plan is sound, if your tech skill doesn't fail you, you will win.

- SONAR, CPR, AIDS, DSG, LD1* Seriously, DSG and LD1 are legit, especially combined :) :) :)

- If you can't remember what the acronym stands for, it's probably not that important anyways *Just because it looks technically intimidating by the input name, doesn't mean that it's unexecutable. What's more important is how you use it.

- If you can't remember the frame data off the top of your head, it's probably not that important anyways*Your own reaction time has more to do with if your counters hit or not. If you have a game plan with how you'll react prior to mixup, you can be more frame ideal which is often better than trying to choose the frame ideal option.

- Level 9 CPU's go stupid hard aggro so you can learn desync spacing in practice with them* This helps surprisingly well in finding out what's safe. If you want to find out what's a good aggro option, go to training with a level 9 CPU and put the thing on "Run" and use only setups to try to catch it.

-Stop dropping chaingrabs * Practice on all the universal stage list levels. Practice in weird scenarios like on platforms. Practice all characters

- TL v. IC Matchup > Pick up a secondary* Especially since we suck on RC and Brinstar, there's no shame in picking up a second.

-Please don't infract me, I can write a legit one if you want, I'm just really bad so nobody wants my opinion anyways* I hope people agree with what I said.

- Besides, nobody would understand it anyways* And I hope it's relatable and helpful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pretty awesome stuff there. I don't have a notpad though. I don't care for stuff like that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh man ><

This is actually pretty awesome. EA and I were thinking of starting a thread called "state of the IC's metagame" or something like that which is similar to this. We might still end up doing that but I'd like to see where this goes.

@ Hylian Notebook -

Question: Why are you shielding/spot dodging/ etc. when doing the Kakera? I know you know that I know that you know that you don't need to do that.

You could just simply do a non shield drop/spot dodge version of the desync and then do a DSC/Sliding Spotdodge after the IB comes out if you're trying to be aggressive in spacing. Or there are better options if you're trying to be neutral in spacing.

Not saying you're doing it wrong. Just wondering why you'd use that method over others.

@ Cheese Notebook - If they are at kill percents, instead of doing grab setups, I just circumvent the grab and go straight into the Usmash off of the formerly grab setup now DSCJCUsmash setup. Does that count as throwing out extra kill moves?

My notebook -

- If you're getting hit, don't do that
- If you're losing, run the play where you win
- Do that thing I taught you
- Getting separated is the easiest Desync
- Out Tech skilling your opponent = Victory
- SONAR, CPR, AIDS, DSG, LD1
- If you can't remember what the acronym stands for, it's probably not that important anyways
- If you can't remember the frame data off the top of your head, it's probably not that important anyways
- Level 9 CPU's go stupid hard aggro so you can learn desync spacing in practice with them
-Stop dropping chaingrabs
- TL v. IC Matchup > Pick up a secondary
-Please don't infract me, I can write a legit one if you want, I'm just really bad so nobody wants my opinion anyways
- Besides, nobody would understand it anyways

Well it's really just because I find it much harder to do an IB out of not using the shield. If I want to blizzard right away I just do it without the shield, if I want to IB I add in the shield. I also add in the shield against certain characters or in certain situations. It really just depends, I just like to practice both in case I need one over the other in some specific situation.

DeLux

My notebook has AIDS :(

On PS1 and PS2, walk your opponents to the metallic edges using Dthrows CGs if you grab them. The stage transformation will break CGs

It's definitely more difficult to space CGs while on ramps, especially for Bthrows. Rather than CG on a ramp, it's often safer to walk your opponent to a flat spot.

If you have to walk them on a ramp, it is much easier using Dthrows going down the ramp. It is also much easier to use fthrows going up a ramp. I frame tested it.

When you random Ice Climbers 3 rounds in a row as your opponent to practice CG's on, it's time to quit.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I save all of my notes on my phone (its a fancy shmancy one lol) so I can reference them during tournaments. My stuff for ICs is all common knowledge since I am still learning them. But I do it for my main also and as well as general player stuff such as reminders to not get nervous or w/e.

DeLux

HYLIAN - You APPARENTLY stopped practicing and haven't dumped your insight. INSIGHT!!!

Hype for Pound? I am

Orion*

Smash Researcher
"- Do that thing I taught you* I talk a lot out of theory with little regard for what's practical to execute. However, even if it's too hard, a lot of the things I talk about do actually work. Practice execution until you can do even the Hylian's and RIDSCSR setups on a consistent basis."

While i agree with you- I want to add to this.
there are so many factors to being able to them "consistently"

Like sure, you can cg mk perfectly in training. But what about when there's a crowd screaming at you and the win really matters? Practice until these things become Easy

like you shouldn't even have to think about what you're doing technically.

Like atm, I can do hylians desync pretty consistently, but I have to focus on the inputs. So I would never use it in tournament because there are to many factors- most notably that I want to be focusing on my opponent.

When you have mastered a specific AT, or spacing or whatever then there is a reassurance in your head- it should literally come at the same ease as it is to do a basic shield grab. If it isn't like that then you're wasting time on tech skill and not thinking about your opponent lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ This is extremely true. Last weekend I used ICs for the first time in tournament and I had moderate success. I just used them against a few Metaknights. The first one wasnt too hard. He was playing extremely campy but I wasn't focused on getting the grab too much and just played ICs. It worked out. I just kept reminding myself to keep it simple and not force the grab.

Now the second MK was much harder. I was playing for 7th place here so it was way more serious. But I still played it smart. The problem was when I got the grab I got super nervous. Its like once I actually got the grab..I felt the pressure. People were watching and I got really nervous and kept dropping my grab after like 30-40%. And its MK...I practice this stuff on him EVERYDAY.

How exactly do you get past those nerves as a beginning ICs? I might start wearing headphones or something. I'm not sure how well I would hold up in another serious set like that :(

DeLux

I actually had an experience related to both of these things at my last tournament. It was actually my first major tournament of more than 100 people so needless to say I was pretty hyped. I made a few metagame discoveries about a month before it occurred, so I spent that entire month getting prepped on those techniques and executing them.

However, I didn't spend much time contemplating "why" I should execute certain things. I was only concerned with the "how". Unfortunately, you need to have both to do well.

Let me explain. The first day I played friendlies against every top name I could find in their respective characters. I was competitive with some pretty big names, and was even able to beat them. The tourney ran late though, so I had really used up all my mental energy early. So when pools came around, I wasn't nervous really. But I had a massive head ache. And then for some odd reason, my hands turned ice cold. I tried inputting all the tech stuff that I had practiced so long and hard leading up to the tournament, but my hands failed me. So my first pool match, I ran into a snake ftilt no less than 20 times. On my current gameplan if executed correctly, if a snake ftilts me they die.

So I'm sitting here thinking, "Well ****, if I play like that, I'm going to not make it out of pools." Being without pride, I decided to scale back, admit my tech stuff wasn't their because I couldn't feel my hands, and think out every match. I ended up making two come from behind ridiculous SoPo victories against a decent ZSS and won every set that wasn't against MK. All of that without my tech stuff. I clawed my way out of pools as a low seeded bracket.

The next day bracket play began. I made an early exit because I played against the MK's. Ironically, I was executing my tech stuff very well. Unfortunately, because my execution was high, my brain sort of went into auto pilot and I didn't think my way through the matchups. So I lost a couple of pretty close sets, but close doesn't count. Winning does.

So now I know. What's positive to take away from all of that is that I am in direct control if I think my way through matchups. It's called focusing. However, there is always that doubt in the back of my mind that maybe I'll show up to a tourney, my hands get cold, and my tech skill fails me. How do I prevent that? I accept that I might not be able to. So I practice, and practice, and practice. And then I pray to God that it doesn't happen when the time comes. That's honestly the best we can do sometimes.

All of which is why I'm excited for Pound. Given that I have double the time to work on tech stuff, the bag of tricks that I'm running now is much more refined in both "how" and "why" than my last tourney. But that doubt is still there, ominously waiting to strike. I just pray that it doesn't strike when it's all on the line.

ZTD | TECHnology

Hmm yeah when I look at it I seem to have trouble unlocking my full technical ability while keeping my "gameplan" in check. Its much harder to do against high level opponents than I originally realized.

For me, I realized from my days a Falco player that I shouldn't focus on my techs too much. A good Falco player warned me about that when I first picked him up lol I was like "Yeah man I think I got this. I can do every known tech with Falco with almost 100% accuracy" he replied "You're a good player but if you focus on the techs too much its going to screw you over" What happens? I enter a tournament that weekend and I was so focused on using my techs and showing them off that my gameplan got thrown off. I got wrecked as Falco so I had to go back to Snake and got wrecked because I hadnt practiced him in a month.

Balance is the key to using technical characters lol. if you don't have either aspect in your game at a comfortable level both will end up failing. That's how I learned to do what is simple yet effective if you haven't mastered something. You really do only have a limited amount of mental energies.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
My Hylian desynch is actually even more on point when I use my opponent as the focal point Orion.

Tech_chase, Headphones don't work for you unless you constantly train with them on, even then it can distract you. I kinda dropped using them, I only have one earphone in at any point.

DeLux

Enjoy it. Feed off the energy. It's your moment. Make it a positive instead of a negative. They are just as nervous if not more so that you'll succeed.

At least, that's what I'd try to do when I played baseball while pitching. That same mindset has recently helped my cg consistency a lot.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
HYLIAN - You APPARENTLY stopped practicing and haven't dumped your insight. INSIGHT!!!

Hype for Pound? I am
I've been busy and practiced with actual people one of the days for several hours and then skipped practice yesterday because I figure actually practicing every single day might burn me out lol. Didn't learn anything I wanted to write down.

"- Do that thing I taught you* I talk a lot out of theory with little regard for what's practical to execute. However, even if it's too hard, a lot of the things I talk about do actually work. Practice execution until you can do even the Hylian's and RIDSCSR setups on a consistent basis."

While i agree with you- I want to add to this.
there are so many factors to being able to them "consistently"

Like sure, you can cg mk perfectly in training. But what about when there's a crowd screaming at you and the win really matters? Practice until these things become Easy

like you shouldn't even have to think about what you're doing technically.

Like atm, I can do hylians desync pretty consistently, but I have to focus on the inputs. So I would never use it in tournament because there are to many factors- most notably that I want to be focusing on my opponent.

When you have mastered a specific AT, or spacing or whatever then there is a reassurance in your head- it should literally come at the same ease as it is to do a basic shield grab. If it isn't like that then you're wasting time on tech skill and not thinking about your opponent lol.
Very good!!!! This is something a lot of people don't understand. This is why chaingrabbing is the hardest thing to do in this game. There are so many different timings, you have to do space yourself differently, know how to do them on different stages, AND know how to do them under pressure or while people are trying to distract you.

There are a couple of ways to help yourself doing this. Practice in different conditions. Practice when your room is cold/hot/light/dark. Practice when you just wake up, practice when you are tired and want to sleep, practice when you are fully awake. Practice with a coat on, a hat, etc and then take them off and practice. Practice while blinking really fast. Once you are good enough, practice with your eyes closed.

Obviously this takes a lot of time so you want to spread it out. Over a year I've become very good at chaingrabbing under pressure because of the mike haze incident. I've had friends yell while I chaingrab them, I've been to a LOT of tournaments in other regions where almost everyone cheers against me and yells while I chaingrab(one so much that it made my opponent SD and I didn't drop a single CG against him lol). You just have to learn how to let your breath out and let your nervousness go with it. Learn how to calm yourself. My hands shake a LOT when I'm nervous but I've learned how to make them stop on command by just breathing out.

Really it just takes a lot of experience. Just focus very hard on what your are doing. That's it. Also take every opportunity to test yourself. One moment that made me very confident about my cging ability(and confidence will help you cg trust me) is when I was playing this olimar in tournament in KS and he started to yell when I was cging him. I turned my head to him mid cg and just stared at him and 0-deathed him without looking at the screen. He didn't yell again. Since then I've also 0-deathed characters in the front seat of a car as well while my friends play in the back lol. Just get to a point where you are confident you can chaingrab them NO MATTER WHAT.

This was too long:/.

DeLux

Olimar? Tournament? Kansas? That couldn't be who I think it is...

DeLux

To be fair, the running joke whenever I CG fino is to start telling "Yo Nana Jokes". Be ready for it. Top tier Yo Nana Jokes are broken against the CG

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
That was an amazing post Hylian. A lot of people take all that stuff for granted. I'm going to start practicing like that some time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
To be fair, the running joke whenever I CG fino is to start telling "Yo Nana Jokes". Be ready for it. Top tier Yo Nana Jokes are broken against the CG
He's already tried that, didn't work lol.

That was an amazing post Hylian. A lot of people take all that stuff for granted. I'm going to start practicing like that some time.
Thanks, and yeah it's good but time consuming.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, I just know how to laugh and cg at the same time :p.

DeLux

Speaking of laughing while CGing, how come we haven't gotten our thread to vote on who the top 5 Ice Climbers are in NAFTA?

I want to make notes of watching the best. And I want to find a match of you vs. MK.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
None of my matches with MK ever get saved lol. You will see at pound :).

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Speaking of laughing while CGing, how come we haven't gotten our thread to vote on who the top 5 Ice Climbers are in NAFTA?

I want to make notes of watching the best. And I want to find a match of you vs. MK.
Because they don't think we're smart enough.

Even though they have future on the list...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You guys can vote in the social topic if you want. I don't really think it's possible to tell who the top 5 are right now lol it's just opinion and it's fun to talk about if you don't get heated up about it.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
You guys can vote in the social topic if you want. I don't really think it's possible to tell who the top 5 are right now lol it's just opinion and it's fun to talk about if you don't get heated up about it.
I concur.

Also, the whole chaingrabbing thing:
If you have trouble concentrating on CGs under pressure (like I did), I suggest keeping one thing exactly the same all the time while changing everything else. Good examples are listening to the same song, a lucky hat, same flavor gum, stuff like that. Then if you get nervous, concentrate on your one thing. I start singing along with my headphones in my head when I get an important grab, and I always chew a big wad of gum during big matches. Something as simple as that can make the difference. "They're yelling, but I have my _____, so it doesn't matter."

Also, practice on different TVs, whether they lag or not, different sizes, different video outputs/modes, use different costumes for the ICs and whoever you're CGing, etc, just so there's no visual factor that can screw you up. Once you're only relying on visuals for the transitions, your grabs will almost never drop. I played m2k in 3 sets this weekend, and didn't drop a single grab (not that it made me win or anything, but that's not the point, I was super nervous).

Tl,dr: chill out, its just a cg.

DeLux

I agree with that. I chew gum when I play too. However, after long tournies, my jaw hurts. So I might look for something different lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I guess the one thing I focus on is breathing out. Just really calms me down.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have learned a lot here. Hylian's post as well as Cheese's helped a lot. Hmm I think I'm going to wear my Bear Claw necklace as a good luck charm and see if it helps. Or maybe a song. My goal for next weekend's tournament is to not let nerves get the bette of me like last weekend.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Another thing I forgot to mention is that you need to be able to de desynchs consistently without thinking about them and without looking at your character. This is why I sometimes just do a dash dance desynch instead of something else because it keeps my momentum up and I'm looking at my opponent and going to react to what they do without having to commit to anything.

Make sure you can do desynchs while looking at your opponent. You can't use the usefully otherwise.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
i like how you guys gave up on the TL matchup

get better scrubs!

just because you can't grab doesnt mean you can't win (potential note?)
I still go ICs on TL, and strike carefully. I just use my CP for a gay stage as MK.

DeLux

Practice Note:

If you can't grab, you can't win. :( :( :(???

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I 2 stocked domo in tournament without grabbing him one time lol.

Also, i still use ics vs tl. Last time i played mjg i took him to 3rd game last stock all ics.

Roller

Smash Legend
I go ics vs tl... We don't really have an MJG up here, but Quivo is recognized as a solid tl, and I took him out of winners at siis4.

I'll try mming some top ones at pound.

Top Bottom