• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neo Vegassmash presents: Smash in Nevada III

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

We are proud to present to you the third annual Smash in Nevada in the famous city of Las Vegas, Nevada!!!

Date/scheduling:

Friday August 19th, Saturday August 20th, and Sunday, August 21st, 2011.

Friday, August 19th, 2011.

Friendlies, with the possibility of a small side-event if enoguh request for it.

Saturday, August 20th, 2011

12pm: Arcade opens, start setting up
1pm: Registration for singles start
1:30pm: Start singles
4:30pm: Registration for doubles
5pm: Start doubles

Sunday, August 21st, 2011

VegasMelee will be hosting their monthly Melee tournament.

~* = approximate time. Give or take about an hour due to delays/unexpected occurrences.

Scheduling/times are due to change without notice. Please keep track and stay up to date!

Please do not pay your Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles or Singles Entry fee to Jerry/Jose! If you plan to only enter Super Smash Brothers Melee, or you want to enter both but want to make sure you get your money's worth and the money is distributed evenly, please see Jonathon/Bacon; or whoever appropriate! Thank you!

Location/Venue:

Gemini Arcade Palace
4180 South Sandhill Road
Suites B-3 & B-4
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(on the southeast corner of Flamingo Road and Sandhill Road. RTC Transit route 202)
http://www.gemini-arcade-palace.com/

The Gemini Arcade Palace is equipped with a lot of arcade machines. If for whatever reason you want a little bit of variety aside from Brawl, or are unable to play games due to tournament play in progress and you're not on stand-by, there are many, many machines to play around with. There are DDR machines, Beat-Mania and games similar to, Claw Machines like the Sega UFO Catcher, and Classics like Pak-Man & Galaga, and Super Mario Bros.

For the sake of progressing the tournament as quickly and efficiently as possible, please inform the TOs if you are going to be playing any of the machines during tournament play so we do not have to call you when you are in the middle of a game/sequence. We will let you know if you will have a match coming up within the next 5-10 minutes. If you don't inform us, we call your name, and we find out you're in the middle of an arcade game, it is up to you at that point to decide whether you want to attempt the high-score/perfect on that machine or continue on in the bracket. On that same note, please avoid playing the games like the X-Men and the Simpsons as those that take a really long time to finish unless you kill yourself.

Google Maps is your best friend!

Nearby eateries/local businesses/housing:

The venue is conveniently located next to a couple of fast-food restaurant chains. There is Capriotti's, The Saucy Tomato Pizza shop, Jack in the Box, Blueberry Hill Pancakes, Smiths, Subways, and Starbucks; among others. All within relative walking distance.

As for driving distance...

tailscatbus 9:09 pm
(9:09:34 PM): we have Panda Express, Food 4 Less, Sonic Drive In, Buffet @ Asia, McDondalds, Red Lobster, Carl's Jr.
(9:09:41 PM): that's to the west of Gemini
(9:09:50 PM): up to Eastern Ave
(9:10:11 PM): east of Gemini up to Boulder Highway
(9:10:48 PM): Wendy's, KFC, Church Chicken, McDonalds, Arbys, Pepe's Tacos, Ihop, Pizza Hut
(9:11:12 PM): north or south there really isn't anything

If you are coming from out of state and need housing, please post either in here, Allisbrawl, Facebook, or on Vegassmash's home website. We will try our best to get you housing but understand that there are no guarantees and it is strongly encouraged to have a back-up plan for a hotel reservation.

Do also notify the TOs if you are from out of state. We will do our best to make sure that you do not play the same players from your state, but again depending on the entrants there are no guarantees.

Hosts:

Host: Jerry Nunn (Sonictailslink/Tails)
Co-Host: Jose Diaz-Soto (Kinzer)
Melee: Jonathon Sha (Bacon)

Contact information:

Cell-phone:

(702) 845-3484 (Jerry Nunn/Tails)
(702) 290-5534 (Jose Diaz-Soto/Kinzer)
(702) 576-2389 (Jonathon Sha/Bacon)

AOL:

Tailscatbus (Jerry Nunn/Tails)
Kinzerthebrawler (Jose Diaz-Soto/Kinzer)

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/sonictailslink (Jerry Nunn/Tails)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1040325486 (Jose Diaz-Soto/Kinzer)
http://www.facebook.com/CaptainFalcon.Knee (Jonathon Sha/Bacon)

Prices/Events:

-Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)

-Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person.
($2 per person from singles and $2 per person from doubles will be taken out of the entry fee for the house.)

-Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles: $3 per person ($6 per team)

-Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles: $6
($2 goes to venue from singles)

-Super Smash Brothers Melee Amateur: Amateurs $1 (You have to join Singles first)
The way this works is that you have to place below a certain threshold to be eligible to enter.

A $1 discount will be offered for a Wii set-up and a $2 discount for a TV set-up from singles. First come, first serve basis. (Brawl)

Please, no $20 bills. Please ask Julie or the person running the arcade for change.

Ruleset:

Please be aware that for the moment Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Super Smash Brothers Melee are being hosted by two different parties. One party might not be aware of what goes down for the others' game. For any questions or concerns, or to be 100% certain of one game's regulations, please see the respective TOs. As more time goes on, we will try our best to become more aware of one another's "presence" if you will, and hopefully this disclaimer will be taken down.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

Stagelist:

Neutral:

-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Lylat Cruise
-Yoshi Island: Brawl

Counterpick:

-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Pictochat
-Halberd
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Delfino Plaza
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pirate Ship

Banned:

-Anything not listed above.

Stage/Character selection:

For the first stage, each player will strike out two (2) stages from the neutral list. Players may do rock, paper, scissors to decide who goes first. Each player will strike out the two (2) stages at one time. The remaining stage will be the stage the players will play on. For teams, each player will strike out one (1) stage.

After the first match, each player/team may ban one (1) of any of the neutral or counterpick stages. The loser of the previous match may counterpick any stage that has not been banned.

Character selection will be down in advanced slob. For the first match, the players may request to do double-blind if there is a dispute. After the first match is played and finished, the loser declares the stage on which the second match will be played. The winner of the first match may decide to stick with their character or counterpick to a new character. The loser follows suit. Repeat until the set is finished depending no whether or not it is a best 2/3 or 3/5.

If a match ends up being decided by time:

In the case that a match goes to time, the winner will first be judged based on who has more stocks. If the stocks are tied, then the victor will be decided upon who has less damage percentage. In case of a tie in both stocks and damage, players will do a one (1) stock, three (3) minute match to decide the winner.

Pokemon Trainer / Zelda/Sheik:

If counterpicking Pokemon Trainer or Sheik, you must inform the player which
character/Pokemon you are going to select before they select their character. For example, you can not select Pokemon Trainer, then the opponent chooses Pikachu, then you choose Charizard. You must say which Pokemon/character you will start with before they choose their character.​

Format:

-Three (3) Stocks.
-Stock time limit set to eight (8) minutes.
-Items frequency is to be set to "none" and all items must be "off."
-For Doubles play, Lifestealing is allowed and Team Attack must be "on."
-For Doubles play, ports should go in a 1221 fashion. Team 1 will take ports one (1) & four (4). Team 2 will take ports two (2) and three (3).

Rules:

-No infinities.
-No stalling.
-No pausing during a match. Make sure your controller works properly before the start of the match.
-Please BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller). TOs may not carry any additional controllers during the tournament.
-For hacked Wiis, no gameplay modifications (ie no tripping, hitbox modifications). Music and texture cosmetics are not permitted with the exception of Menu/CSS (Character Select Screen) and Results screen texture hacks. Hacked Wiis must be approved by one of the TOs. If a Wii is booted up with hacks that are not approved, the owner of the Wii will forfeit their entry in the tournament. No exceptions!
-If two player want to use the same controller port, do paper, rock, scissors to decide who get that port.
-Please refrain from doing any major coaching to a player during a match. Cheering for a person or giving some advice between matches are permitted.
-During the tournament, please refrain from doing any friendlies or money matches without approval. If we catch any friendlies or money matches going on during the tournament without permission or approval, you will have 10 seconds to stop the match. Failure to comply will result into either being drop down to loser bracket or elimination from the tournament. Depending on number of set ups and attendance, we'll try to have TVs open for friendlies.
-To keep the tournament running smoothly, please arrive on time. Registration for the tournament will start at around 1 P.M. for doubles. There will be an approximately 15 minute grace period for players who are running a few minutes late and will be placed in a random position in the bracket/pool. Any players who are more than 15 minutes late and does not notify the TOs in advance will not be permitted to enter the tournament. When singles starts, there will be a 15 minute grace period as well. We recommend to contact the TOs before doubles.
-If you need to leave for a few minutes during tournament play, please notify a TO so you won't miss any of your matches. If your matches are called and you are not present within a timely matter, it will result into an automatic forfeit of your match.
-For people who are colorblind, they may request to select a certain character color for doubles play.
-For people who are late to their matches after around 6 minutes to their declared matches without notifying the TOs, a countdown will begin. After four minutes pass after the countdown begins, the entrant shall be eliminated from the tourney assuming they were in the winner's bracket. For more information about the countdown/offenses, read below in Red.
-The rules may change without notice. Please keep up to date on the rules. When TO intervention is required, it will be up to the discretion of the TO to follow the rules or make a judgment on the spot depending on the circumstance/offense. Use what is posted (and common sense...) as a guideline to follow.
-Please follow all of Gemini Arcade Palace house rules.

Anybody caught disobeying the rules without the opponent agreeing to the conditions proposed by the player, late to their declared matches after a certain amount of time, and coaches will first receive a warning. Second time offenders will automatically forfeit a stock where/when deemed necessary. Third time offenders will automatically forfeit the next set. Fourth time offenders; if applicable, will be eliminated from the tournament if they were in the winner's bracket at the third offense.

Do not ask about a fifth offense! Please do not abuse the generosity of the TOs!

Super Smash Brothers Melee:

Please follow this link for the ruleset for Super Smash Brothers Melee: http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/melee.html

Oh, one more important thing, which might stay like this until further notice:

"Since it's on the melee's monthly date, I'll do it. But it's probably going to be just a local melee tournament."

External links:

Vegassmash: http://www.vegassmash.com/wp/ (You will need an account to view the forum)

Facebook (Brawl): http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=185161158190791

Facebook (Melee): http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=190819784315573

Allisbrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11479

Gemini Arcade Palace: http://www.gemini-arcade-palace.com/ (Venue Home site)

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
There is a possibility of Melee on the Sunday of that same weekend. There will also be third party links once the events get posted there but this will be the main link.

The ruleset is up for debate and subject to change. Ultimately it is up to the TOs to decide what passes and what doesn't. If you don't like the ruleset, or if you're only coming in here to troll/start arguments and you're not making any plans to attend, please do not waste our time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Utah has been informed about this, we'll see how many we can get down here.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
you should have a melee tourny also!
Most likely we will have a Melee tournament as well.
Pretty much this.

We just wanted to get confirmation from Jonathan/Bacon to see if it was alright that we could advertise the Local Melee Monthly in the same OP. It is a regular monthly, but hopefully having it on this weekend will encourage people who play both games... or Specifically Melee if that's your fix; to come along.

I'm going to look for the threads/third party links and put them in the OP soon, but at the very least this is his FaceBook:http://www.facebook.com/CaptainFalcon.Knee

If you're interested, please talk to him.

:093:

DJMirror

Smash Master
Why does the title say Brawl and Melee while Melee fees and rules aren't posted yet? :confused:

give them time to set it up since there's so much time plus anything can happen during these 6 months like change of venue etc

I would do the same thing too since there's so much time

you have like freaking 6 months to add it in it. if they don't add it in like a month before the tournament start then you can tell them

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Problem (somewhat) resolved.

It's sort of complicated since we've just had two separate communities for the two games here in Vegas for as long as we've known.

However I do understand the need for communication/cooperation, so we're trying to get that fixed and improvise/improve on things as time goes on/as things go on. We'll keep you posted on what's the status as they come in.

Thank you for your patience!

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
Get hyped! I talked to Yaz and he said that he's confirming Utah and a lot of their players! =D

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Boy this is late, but better than never.

Have you talked to Bacon about this? We don't plan on doing anything, just see if he wanted to help with that in particular. If you don't believe us, ask him; honest.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I'm not really sure what you're even saying..Ask bacon what?

I was just saying you guys are having your event the same place/date as ours has been every month, and was curious if your event is going to push our event out since it's gonna be flowing with bralwers

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm not really sure what you're even saying..Ask bacon what?

I was just saying you guys are having your event the same place/date as ours has been every month, and was curious if your event is going to push our event out since it's gonna be flowing with bralwers
We've tried to ask Bacon if he could do/help us with this part of SiN III is what I mean. We'd just like to use the regional date thing as a sort of advertisement to see if we can attract more people. That's all it is. There's no overtake or anything like that. I'm sorry if we gave that impression.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Im from Illinois, but I'm visiting las vegas the 16th-18th of May. Would anyone be up for a few friendlies sometime on the 16th-18th of May? I play brawl and melee.

What is the smash scene like in vegas? I didn't see a Vegas social thread :(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah, that's in the next two weeks. I probably won't have much schoolwork then, so maybe we could meet at the arcade.

There's also no social thread, not on SWF, not on AiB either. We do have a forum but it's used seldom. It's all on Facebook.

Just feel free to leave a message on my Facebook account. I rather not further the conversation here since this is about a tournament we'll be having in August. Yes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Uhm, if it's not too much trouble now that Genesis 2 has finished and won't blow our little tourney out of the water, can I bump this thread?

It's in one month give or take. I'm hoping we can get some people from Cali/Utah/Colorado out here. Of course anyone else from wherever else would be much welcome too.

Now to AiB.

Elliot

Smash Rookie
I'd like to attend the melee tournament. A lot depends on if I can get into a Utah carpool and financial/scheduling concerns.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'd like to attend the melee tournament. A lot depends on if I can get into a Utah carpool and financial/scheduling concerns.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=190819784315573

A separate event page all-together. Same day and whatnot no real change. I understand though that if you have to look at the ruleset or anything, there it is.

Regardless, it'd be delightful to have you here.

On that same note, less than a week. I hope to see everyone there.

Top Bottom