• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seagull's moveset kill analysis thread

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
These are the moves I personally usually get a stock with vs _____.

:metaknight:- Fsmash
:snake:- Bair
:diddy:- Fair
:falco:- Varies, but mostly shine spike and Dsmash
:wario:- Fair
:marth:- Dsmash
:popo:- Bair (Only super safe move vs the Ics)
:olimar:- Fair
:pikachu2:- Fair
:dedede:- You don't kill D3 generally, but usually from Bairs.
:gw:- Dsmash, 130%
:lucario:- Killing Lucario is quite varied. Fair or Bair.
:zerosuitsamus:- Fair
:toonlink:- Bair
:kirby2:- Fair
:fox:- Bair
:rob:- Retreated Fairs all day on this *****
:pit:- Fair
:peach:- FairX1000
:dk:- Bair
:luigi2:- BAIR. Try other stuff and you get up b'd for misplacement @___@
:wolf:- Usmash and shine spike
:sonic:- Fair
:ike:- Dthrow and then edgeguarding lol.
:sheik:- Bair
:ness2:- Dsmash
:squirtle:- Fair
:ivysaur:- Dthrow and edgeguarding
:charizard:- Bair
:yoshi2:- Bair
:lucas:- Fsmash
:mario2:- Fair
:bowser2:- Dsmash
:falcon:- Dsmash
:samus2:- Bair
:jigglypuff:- Doesn't even matter, pick an option.
:link2:- Bair
:zelda:- Bair
:ganondorf:- Same as Jigglypuff.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
annotated where applicable.

:metaknight:- Fsmash (I usually wait to hear them use an F-smash {the "hmmp!" noise at the start up} and downsmash them).
:snake:- Bair (Utilt)
:wario:- Fair (F-smash to punish missed ground attack, wario racks up damage)
:popo:- Bair (I usually start crying)
:olimar:- Fair (charged F-smash)
:pikachu2:- Fair (If I'm at high %, pick a move honestly, wolf destroys him minus CG.)
:dedede:- You don't kill D3 generally
:toonlink:- Bair (unsafe bomb out, Fair death)
:peach:- FairX100000000000000000000000000
:samus2:- Bair (f-smash from a bad zair works 100$!!!!!% of the time, thanks wolf slouching down a tad when he f-smashes! Also great on bad super missles)
:link2:- Edge, Guard.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Honestly, I don't see why Wolfs have trouble with TL's. If you stay grounded then they have no way of killing you that you cannot see coming. Just avoid getting hit with a bomb at high percents when you're on the ground. Continue to laser camp grounded and don't jump unless they approach from the air. Usmash is their best kill move, but it won't hit if you stay grounded. Uair is also good, but requires a bomb setup if you're grounded. Wolf generally beats TL 55-45 though.

And Megarobman, I'm generally posting my consensus on the specific move I'd use to kill a character. I still like to play it safe at high percents so I cannot just pick a kill move vs like Pikachu. The less damage you take the better :awesome:.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
idk i just thought about it, when he gets offstage he cant actually fend off vs shine, and footstool must be faster than his fair? anyway if he gets down u can dair him

M

MysteryTigerTeen

D3 has like 4 jumps and an up b with incredible range. Shine spiking him is outta the question. You can make him use all his jumps and shine him to force up b on stage eventually I guess, but never shine spike him.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
His 4 jumps all together are like 1 full jump from falco so its not the big deal, and his up B is terrible so, i guess instead of shine spiking him just do 1 shine and then footstool, so that he falls lower and forces to use his up B

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't see why Wolfs have trouble with TL's. If you stay grounded then they have no way of killing you that you cannot see coming. Just avoid getting hit with a bomb at high percents when you're on the ground. Continue to laser camp grounded and don't jump unless they approach from the air. Usmash is their best kill move, but it won't hit if you stay grounded. Uair is also good, but requires a bomb setup if you're grounded. Wolf generally beats TL 55-45 though.

And Megarobman, I'm generally posting my consensus on the specific move I'd use to kill a character. I still like to play it safe at high percents so I cannot just pick a kill move vs like Pikachu. The less damage you take the better :awesome:.
I haven't played MJG in a while, but it's a doable match-up, he even said it's probably ever so slightly in wolfs favor. One of the uber-casuals I used to play with had a good TL and you'd be surprised how well all of TL's aerials can kill. Zair to grab is nasty too, but that's not killing unless you be livin.

Wolf 140 1 stock, Pika 110 1 stock. :wolf: wins.

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played MJG in a while, but it's a doable match-up, he even said it's probably ever so slightly in wolfs favor. One of the uber-casuals I used to play with had a good TL and you'd be surprised how well all of TL's aerials can kill. Zair to grab is nasty too, but that's not killing unless you be livin.

Wolf 140 1 stock, Pika 110 1 stock. :wolf: wins.
shine to foot stool also works on tl

Top Bottom