• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 2/5/11 Miami, Florida

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Singles: (16 entrants)

1: ESAM :pikachu2: ($80.00)
2: Seibrik :metaknight: ($48.00)
3: Afro :metaknight:($24.00)
4: Xaltis :falco: ($8.00)
5: MVD :snake:
5: Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus:
7: Kondor :fox:
7: Ravyn :metaknight:
9: DFEAR :diddy:
9: 2link :peach:
9: DJ Jack :falco:
9: Cedrick :marth:
13: Snipa :lucario:
13: SRK99 :pit:
13: Mandef :rob:
13: Loli :pit:

Doubles: 5 entrants

1: Team Lady Gaga (ESAM :pikachu2:+ MVD :snake:) ($60.00)
2: Cutmen (Seibrik :metaknight: + Afro :metaknight:) ($30.00)
3: Our Girlfriends Like Watching Us Play With Each Other (Chaz :marth: + Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus:) ($10.00)
4: Yeah Artist kinda (Snipa :lucario:+ Ravyn :pit:/:metaknight:)
5: The 4th Impact (DFEAR :diddy:/:metaknight:+ Xaltis :falco:/:metaknight:)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Seibrik + Afro just took turns beating Nick Riddle this whole event... LOL.

Then did it together in dubs.

Good job gaiz <3

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
People *****ed at me when I made brackets based on seeding "YOU ARE SETTING UP THE BEST PEOPLE TO PLAY AT THE END, YOU AREN'T GIVING OTHER PEOPLE A CHANCE TO GET FARTHER IN THE BRACKET" and so I was like "**** it, I'm gonna separate it by teams and make sure PR don't play first round". For the past few tournaments people were :D and then me and seibrik fought early and *shrugs*

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
People *****ed at me when I made brackets based on seeding "YOU ARE SETTING UP THE BEST PEOPLE TO PLAY AT THE END, YOU AREN'T GIVING OTHER PEOPLE A CHANCE TO GET FARTHER IN THE BRACKET" and so I was like "**** it, I'm gonna separate it by teams and make sure PR don't play first round". For the past few tournaments people were :D and then me and seibrik fought early and *shrugs*
Haters gonna hate yo, teach the noobs bracket theory.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow, some people complained about common bracket theory? Although it may be kind of a bummer its the best solution. Otherwise the player who gets 2nd has to fight the player who gets 1st 2nd round.

This also caused some losers bracket upsets since Seibrik was sent to losers so early. Sigh.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
What Keitaro said. A top seed going to losers too early really ****s things up even worse for the less skilled players, too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Listen, I understand all of this, but it was the lower players complaining about it in the first place, not the higher ones. Normally in like 25-30 man tournaments it won't happen first round, but this happened to be a smaller tournament with 1/3rd of the people being PR so....yeah

DFEAR

Smash Hero
man im so discouraged from this tourney. i wish i had a coach >_>

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, parts of SFL couldn't make it due to unknown reasons (3 here, 2 there, 4 another) it adds up.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Eh, I had a nice time. I know bracket theory; were there that many people complaining? I guess I wasn't paying attention.

After tourney stuff was amazing though.

:rosalina:

MVD

Smash Master
it was a fun tournament regardless of the low turn out for the first time since like last June? good practice with everyone whos going to pound

Albert.

Smash Master
Eden and I did not go because Eden's father is very ill and Eden was caring for him on saturday. I didn't want to go without my bro.

Shout-outs to Eden for being a really good son.

BTW Esam, no troll/offense intended but could you update the OP Title to reflect the new date? Thanks :D

EDIT:
wow I'm dumb lol wrong thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Good shee Xaltis. Cant wait to travel down to sfl again. <3. Are any of yall comin to Mikes tourney?

Albert.

Smash Master

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For some reason I thought he said Gallaxfest....lol I'm silly..

I know for Brawl it is:

D-torr
Action *******?
ESAM
MVD
Seibrik
Afro
Xaltis
Loli
Nick Riddle

And maybe 1-2 more.

Top Bottom