• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

-LzR-

Smash Hero

STUFF ABOUT PUFF

So I asked this in the social yesterday and it seemed promising.
So what we do is discuss each move separately and move to another move when I feel we have had enough discussion with it.

The goal of this thread is to create a database of Jigglypuff's moveset which later can be used in guides or help everyone learn something new. We discuss the moves importance, uses and reliability and everything else about it. I would also like you to add a small rating of 0-10 for each move. I will at the end then count the average and add here. This way people can see the potential of a move with a quick look if they don't have time to read.

After a move is discussed I will include that move in spoiler tags in the OP for everyone to read. I will include the best and most important things.

When discussing, feel free to use common sense. Saying stuff like rest kills is just fine to say here. Nothing is useless or anything. EVERYTHING you can do will count and will be appreciated. Mindgames and random tricks you have sometimes done will also count. If it's possible to do, it counts, no matter how impractical or useless. We want to know everything so share your stuff.
I hope this will help Puff's dead metagame and we all learn something new.

Finished:

[Collapse=Aerials]

[collapse=Bair 8/10]
-One of Puff's best moves because it has great range and speed.

-The knockback is perfect for chaining multiple bairs together, and the angle lets it set up tech chases mad easy

-It has enough knockback for a desperate kill move

-To say that Bair is Puff's most versatile move would not be an understatement. It's one of our primary damage rackers, gimp moves, spacing moves, and even a kill move assuming it's slightly fresh.

-Jigglypuff is not Jigglypuff without Bair.

-This move is your "when in doubt" move, it has as many uses as your imagination can find.

-SH Bair (OOS) is awesome to punish cross ups,

-The last Bair ender : a Bair performed right before landing. No one expects it, and it can shieldstab a lot of characters.

-Greatly nerfed from Melee, no longer her best move.

-Bair is a great hit and run move, before 30% it's safe to land a bair then retreat.

-This move is also good for defending yourself. When you're trying to recover and your opponent is trying to chase you of stage you could spam bair in the air combined with your jumps just to keep your opponent away.

-Bair has the best DPS of all her moves.

-Bair chains (or off-stage WoPs? w/e) are amazing. You're basically juggling them horizontally and it doesn't seem like they can do much from what I've seen so far.

-Bair is the best defensive air move.

-Bair is useful against heavy characters espcially like Snake when you try to gimp him.

-Bair isn't Jiggs' best move because it's the best thing ever to kill or zone or approach or punish, it's because its versatility allows it to do all of those pretty well and because the staller it is the fresher your other moves are.

-Bair's main use is so that Fair doesn't get stale.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dair 8.5/10]

-It is great for cross-ups on characters who don't have very good out of shield options

-Can combo into a grab or rest

-Has a really good disjoint compared to most of her attacks

-It lacks hitsun if the last hit doesn't connect so you might get punished for it

-It can combo in to rest for the infamous Drillrest

-Doesn't have any knockback until above ~130%

-After it gains knockback it's a very effective gimper

-Our mobility makes the move much more useful

-The disjoint and the duration to it is really useful for interrupting tons of stuff

-It has very good hitbox for jigglypuff, safe as hell when you space correctly, can do lots of damage, god like at poking and can set up combos, even gimps if used cleverly

-You can stale it as much as you want too because it doesn't KO

-If you want to learn more watch Jigglymasters video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBUoRDtFQPI&feature=channel_video_title

[/collapse]

[collapse=Fair 9/10]

-It comes out moderately fast, has nice range, kills, and has a sex kick

-It is a good kill move, but if you want to reliably kill with it you'll want avoid staling it; so trying to use it for both KOs and racking up damage isn't the best idea, especially since you can use the faster bair.

-Nice to chase with off-stage

-The weak hit combos into itself well

-One of our best moves, but it's weakness is stale moves, you gotta choose whether to kill with it or abuse it

[/collapse]

[collapse=Nair 6/10]

-Stays out a long time

-Can be delayed and fastfalled at any time from a shorthop, fullhop or a double jump

-Nair is a oos move a gtfo move and a gimp move all in 1

-Is quite good a gimping

-Nair is really good for interrupting lol Brawl combos and just interrupting in general, since it comes out fast

-When hitting them with the stronger part of nair you can set up a tech chase around 48-54% which can set up a jab lock

-Nair is very good but only in very limited situations and only on certain characters.
primarily gimping recoveries, (falco-phantasm etc.)

-It also gets punished if whiffed in the air unless you fast-fall due to its long duration.

-Tends to get outclassed by d-air in most situations.

-It is her second fastest aerial (beaten slightly by d-air)

-Good against heavy characters in the air like Snake or DK

-At low %, it's unsafe on hit

-It's lingering hitbox makes it easy to cancel projectiles with

-Combos VERY well out of dair for gimps

[/collapse]

[collapse=Uair 5/10]

-Utilt into uair is ok at low percentages

-Main problem I have with this move is that you can get punished for hitting them since there's not much hitstun

-It can pseudo combo into itself decently and even into a rest

-Another problem I have it is that like every dair can beat it

-I use it to hit things above me =D

-Can be used for sharking

-It has disjoint, what most of Jiggs' moves lack

-It has a lingering hitbox, though shorter than Fair, Nair or Pound it's still exactly what you need to shieldstab someone who's on a platform above you

-The attack's hit box lasts longer in the direction that jigglypuff is facing, so if you want to have a better chance at hitting your opponent with u air, make sure your facing them

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Smashes]

[collapse=DownSmash 2/10]
-Laggy as hell and the hitbox is only out for a single frame

-Charge it for a toptier taunt

-The trajectory is good only if you manage to send them off the stage with it

-Let you know when you messed up your dacus

-It will probably gimp characters with bad recoveries, but it rarely kills by itself

-Dsmash wall infinite is pretty situational though since it only works on some walls

-This move sucks, don't use it.

[/collapse]

[collapse=ForwardSmash 4.5/10]

-Really powerful compared to Puffs moveset

-The lag makes it to hard to be viable

-After a couple of (defensive) retreating bairs it's nice to do a fsmash as a suprise if your opponent rushes into you, it's pretty usefull and works good once a match

-Fsmash is good after a shorthopped dair-trip

-You can't rely on it, it's to slow and its range isn't really great

-At low percents, but not at zero, the angle causes them to head for the ground

-You will only land it via extreme mindgames

-Best used for killing only

-F-smash is as good as the person using it

-If you are good at punishes/reads- f-smash will be very useful

-This move is very unsafe of shield and on whiff, make sure you land it

[/collapse]

[collapse=UpSmash 5.5/10]

-It's about as useful as fsmash but slightly better since you can dacus with it

-The sweetspot of usmash is behind Jiggs, which is a bit more powerful

-If there are any characters such as pikachu that send out jolts or projectiles, or characters that have broken hitboxes, such as snake, you probably won't be hitting this

-Our best move to kill upward after Rest

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Tilts]

[Collapse=DownTilt 0.1/10]

-DownTilt sucks more than your grandmas vacuum so don't use it

[/collapse]

[collapse=Ftilt 3/10]

-Almost no range

-Very unsafe on block

-It has enough knockback to serve as a GTFO move

-Can be used as a desperate kill move next to ledges

-Situational use is as a tech chase set up, though not very reliable

-Nice after the last hit out of nair

-You can downangleftilt lock characters againt walls

-Outclassed by grab in almost every aspect, it is a frame slower, does the same damage with out the benefit of pummels and has less range

-Outclassed by DashAttack

-If your opponent is good at sdi and lying on the ground, a single ftilt will do more damage than jab can because Jigglypuff's walkspeed is too slow to follow up with another jab . From there you can dacus for about 25% damage in total

[/collapse]
[collapse=Jab ?/10]

- Jab sucks

-Can beat spotdodges

-Can combo into a grab

-Usually unsafe even on hit and is way too slow for a jab

-Terrible range even for Puff

[/collapse]

[collapse=UpTilt ?/10]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Specials]

[collapse=Pound ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rest ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rollout 4.5/10]

-It's a high risk, high reward move like Rest, but slower and unreliable.

-Reverse Rollout Mindgames, If you use a neutral B reversal in mid air, you can make Jigglypuff charge up rollout in the opposite direction you were facing in order to trick the opponent into thinking you're going to go towards them with rollout rather than the other direction

-Most Jigglypuffs know already that to counter rollout you simply turn around and shield grab it

-This moves effectiveness is greatly dependent on the opponents knowledge against Puff

-Mix it up by not always fully charging it

[/collapse]

[collapse=Sing ?/10]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Grabs and Throws]

[collapse=Standing Grab ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=DashGrab ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=PivotGrab ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=BackThrow ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=DownThrow ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=ForwardThrow ?/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=UpThrow ?/10]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Rising pound on shield into upair on shieldgrabbing*****essss is legit <3

Bair into uair chains are legit to

utilt into uair is ok.. At low percentage

Uair is fine to me at a low percentage but at a higher percentage its mehh 2 me

EXEGG's
NOOBCOMBO: uthrow on bf into uair

Use it spam it risk your stock for it!!!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I find uair to be somewhat effective juggler at around 50-90%.
And my how many times have I combo'd it into a rest near the upper blastzone, killing at like 40% lol!

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I would rate uair maybe a 4, 9 against like characters that are easy to juggle and aren't very fast like DK. Main problem I have with this move is that you can get punished for hitting them since there's not much hitstun. It can psuedo combo into itself decently and even into a rest. Just make sure you jump before you hit them again. Also guarenteed to land rest at low percentages http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hLXtKfBac0. Good set up at low percents for grabs.

Another problem I have it is that like every dair can beat it lol. So small. Oh and you can actually use this as a decent kill move in the air, true story.

T-block

B2B TST
Overall, I feel uncomfortable using this move. Frame 8 is slightly on the slow side, and the range has always seemed...lacking.

Can't figure out why I feel so uncomfortable with it though...seems solid on paper.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not the best uair, but I feel it works very well for Puff. Her mobility allows her to overcome the lack or range. And frame 8 is fortunately fast enough to not be reacted to.

I really wish we could do stuff like frametrap their dodge into things like bair or fair.
Anybody know the framedata for it? Would really help posting it here!

Oh and I rate it 5/10 because it's most likely our worst aerial, but our only means of reliably hitting above.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Average move so 5/10. The move doesn't suck but its definatly not on my top 5 moves that Jigglypuff has.

Most of the time when I use it it will be against an opponent who has no damage and on the ground, it will be a rising pound to u air to u tilt, and then I usually sheild grab when they come back down and try to attack me lol, it usually works if they don't have multiple jumpes.

Other times it can be useful for sharking but so can b air, pound, and fair. And then I'll also use it against characters with multiple jumps such as Jiggs or Meta just to mix my game up a bit.

Other than that

i use it to hit things above me =D

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
ooh this is a good idea, props -lzr-

I use this move for juggling at low %, pretty nice on heavy characters, and as jigglymaster mentioned sharking

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Overall, I feel uncomfortable using this move. Frame 8 is slightly on the slow side, and the range has always seemed...lacking.

Can't figure out why I feel so uncomfortable with it though...seems solid on paper.
Yeahhhhhhh about speed...
Frame 8 is the same speed as Bair and Fair.
Now I wouldn't call frame 8 fast, but it's still pretty decent.

About range, it has disjoint, what most of Jiggs' moves lack.
It covers the area above Jiggs (not safe against most Dairs) and both upper diagonals (good because not everyone has an attack to cover this area).
Hitting with the very beginning or the very end of the hitbox is what makes this move good.

It has a lingering hitbox, though shorter than Fair, Nair or Pound it's still exactly what you need to shieldstab someone who's on a platform above you.

About its uses everything has been said : juggles, setups, kills (at 150% in the air lol), sharking, platform pressure, you can even approach with it due to its low landing lag.

I'd say it's Jigg's 3rd best aerial behind Bair and Fair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It does, but isn't really worth the risk involved IMO.

Anyways, tell me when you guys feel that we are finished with this move and then we'll move on to the next one :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Melee's uair is basically Puff holding an invisible Puff partner in her hands and attacking with her :D
Anyways, I think uair is somewhat done. Please give your final words and gimmicks you know of.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I'd say it's Jigg's 3rd best aerial behind Bair and Fair.
Lmao Are you kidding me?

Dair and nair are way better uair is deff. Her worse

Id say
Fair - bair - dair - nair - uair

Anyways, don't forget uair when your opponent is at the top of the screen for a quick ko, let's say above 100%

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lmao Are you kidding me?

Id say

Anyways, don't forget uair when your opponent is at the top of the screen for a quick ko, let's say above 100%
Dair is better than Bair IMO. Maybe if this was melee but it isn't. I'll save my resonings for that when we start talking about dair or bair.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm a huge fan of dair 2 but I think bair is a little bit better

Also lzr u can wrap uair up... there isn't really anymuch to say anymore

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I updated the OP. I added pretty much everything as find all the information valuable. Just look at the amount of stuff we already got :D

Anyways, if you have any suggestions or stuff just say, it's not like this system is perfect.

Anyways, the next move is bair. I think this one is going to get a lot of discussion.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
It ain't fair, cause it's bair. It's like one of puff's best moves because it has great range and speed. The knockback is perfect for chaining multiple bairs together, and the angle lets it set up tech chases mad easy. It has enough knockback for a desperate kill move as well.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
man, i freakin love this move, i have so much to say, ill post later

mainly the hit and run part is off the hook!! deff her top 3 best moves with pound and fair

Noobicidal

Smash Master
To say that Bair is Puff's most versatile move would not be an understatement. It's one of our primary damage rackers, gimp moves, spacing moves, and even a kill move assuming it's slightly fresh.

Jigglypuff is not Jigglypuff without Bair.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Lmao Are you kidding me?

Id say
Well I agree that Dair and Nair are better moves, but I feel that Uair is way less situational. Hence the 3rd place.

@LzR : it's just a suggestion but you should try to sum up what has been said in all those posts. Like "move properties" and "main uses" and such. Because right now there's no difference between reading the OP and reading the whole thread :/

Now about Bair :
I was going to make a big wall of text but Noob summed it up in one word : versatile.
This move is your "when in doubt" move, it has as many uses as your imagination can find.
Some examples :
-SH Bair (OOS) is awesome to punish cross ups,
-the last Bair ender : a Bair performed right before landing. No one expects it, and it can shieldstab a lot of characters.

Etc etc. Jiggs' best move, no doubt. 10/10

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Etc etc. Jiggs' best move, no doubt. 10/10
Dissagree with you here. Rest, Fair, Dair, and Pound are all better than it IMO.

It melee it was the ****, the best thing ever, well rest was still better but you know >__>

It lacks the amount of priority it had in melee and with multi air dodging its even more useless now. It can't kill and tbh its main use is so that fair doesn't get stale. Don't get me wrong its not a bad move its just not a GREAT move. Drill and pound are better approaching moves since drill can usually combo into a grab or more importantly a rest while pound has the priority to beat most opponents attacks. Bair is lacking a bit in both categories and like I said before its just a move to keep Fair from not getting stale.

Yeah I'm a huge fan of dair 2 but I think bair is a little bit better
Bair doesn't get her rest kills like Dair does. And without rest Jigglypuff is a joke. Maybe its just me, but if I were forced to disable either bair or drill I'd get rid of bair in an instant.

To me it deserves a 7.5/10, her 5th Best move behind Pound, Drill, Fair, and Rest.

T-block

B2B TST
I agree that f-air and d-air are better moves than b-air. This move is definitely not as good as some are hyping it up to be. Even the range feels disappointing to me, but that may be because of a Melee background.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
@Teluoborg: Thank you, I will look into that later on.

And @Jigglymaster: It's so interesting to see such a different opinion about the move I think is Puff's best. Keep more stuff coming!

And now for my stuff:

Bair is Puff's overall safest and most useful move. Combined with her mobility she can do all kinds of fakeout and such. This move rarely kills since it's used so much. The trajectory also isn't bad at all.
It suffers from stupid landing lag if you somehow happen to land to watch out for that. Overall Puff's most useful and least situational move, but not the best.

I give it 9/10.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Lol i think pound is her best followed by fair then dair/bair

Now I think about it,its situational how i use my bair, if my opponent has a spotdodge habit i prefer using dair instead of bair

As for me:
Bair is a great hit and run move, before 30% it's safe to land a bair then retreat.

Above 30% you can land 2 bairs.
Vs characters like ddd/ice climbers/falco who grab a lot its your best choice using bair cause it has great shieldpokingpotential without getting grabbed.

Also rising pound (on shield),drop behind your opponent, into bair is a 'combo' i use every match and works 7 outta 10 times.

This move is also good for defending yourself. When you're trying to recover and your opponent is trying to chase you of stage you could spam bair in the air combined with your jumps just to keep your opponent away.

I'd rate it a 8/10

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I just want to note that bair has the best DPS of all her moves iirc. There's a thread somewhere that shows what moves rack up damage the quickest, but I can't find it right now ~_~

Seriously Bair chains (or off-stage WoPs? w/e) are amazing. You're basically juggling them horizontally and it doesn't seem like they can do much from what I've seen so far.

I'm really tempted to give it a 10.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
The reason bair was so great in melee is because it adapts to any movement strategy no matter how complex...its just point and shoot. In brawl you have to use pivot walking and oos stuff to allow for this adaptation. bair is not an aggressive/approach option in brawl tho. Fair and dair are jiggz most reliable offensive/aggro options for several reasons. bair is the best defensive air move, fair is the best kill move, and dair is the best frame trap/setup move. Up air is used to hit things above you and pound is for being a douche or against idiots who like to run into things and never shield. ;)

Exegguter

Smash Lord
The reason bair was so great in melee is because it adapts to any movement strategy no matter how complex...its just point and shoot. In brawl you have to use pivot walking and oos stuff to allow for this adaptation. bair is not an aggressive/approach option in brawl tho. Fair and dair are jiggz most reliable offensive/aggro options for several reasons. bair is the best defensive air move, fair is the best kill move, and dair is the best frame trap/setup move. Up air is used to hit things above you and pound is for being a douche or against idiots who like to run into things and never shield. ;)

Lol this post is pure truth especially the bair part

BUT POUND ISNT FOR DOUCHES :(

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lol this post is pure truth especially the bair part

BUT POUND ISNT FOR DOUCHES :(

Pound is for using against M2k as he complains about how much range it has.

But yeah, Woody got the generalzation of Bair correct.

Bair is useful against heavy characters espcially like Snake when you try to gimp him. Against light characters not so much.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dissagree with you here. Rest, Fair, Dair, and Pound are all better than it IMO.

It lacks the amount of priority it had in melee and with multi air dodging its even more useless now. It can't kill and tbh its main use is so that fair doesn't get stale. Don't get me wrong its not a bad move its just not a GREAT move. Drill and pound are better approaching moves since drill can usually combo into a grab or more importantly a rest while pound has the priority to beat most opponents attacks. Bair is lacking a bit in both categories and like I said before its just a move to keep Fair from not getting stale.
Everything you say is true (except the part about aerials having priority lol), but it doesn't disprove my point.

Bair isn't Jiggs' best move because it's the best thing ever to kill or zone or approach or punish, it's because its versatility allows it to do all of those pretty well and because the staller it is the fresher your other moves are.

So yeah, the combination Dair+Fair+rest+pound is faaaaaaaaar better Bair.
But Bair is better than all these moves individually.

In conclusion I'd say :
-individually, Bair is the best,
-when the whole moveset is taken into account Bair isn't the best move, but it's the best mixup option in almost every situation.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Everything you say is true (except the part about aerials having priority lol), but it doesn't disprove my point.

Bair isn't Jiggs' best move because it's the best thing ever to kill or zone or approach or punish, it's because its versatility allows it to do all of those pretty well and because the staller it is the fresher your other moves are.

So yeah, the combination Dair+Fair+rest+pound is faaaaaaaaar better Bair.
But Bair is better than all these moves individually.

In conclusion I'd say :
-individually, Bair is the best,
-when the whole moveset is taken into account Bair isn't the best move, but it's the best mixup option in almost every situation.

Ok, now, being the best Jigglypuff player, I'm very confident that b air is not her best move and barely even makes the top 5, it's debatable in Melee, but not in this game. Although being the best(That is even if I am) doesn't make me absolutely right, I just really know what I'm talking about.

Rest is her best move, without it you'll never have a chance of winning against tougher opponents. There are many times within the match when your opponent is touching you so you can always rest if you get skilled enough with it. Without Rest you can no longer kill until your opponent is at 120%, with you dying at idk... 70%. When you COULD be killing at 60% with Rest.

Fair is her second best move, its her main kill function if you can't rely on Rest to win, it has pretty much the same range and speed as bair in Brawl. Its basically a Bair that kills. If Fair was gone I'd have to heavily rely on Drill to Rest otherwise I won't be killing with puff until around 160%

Drill is an excellent trap and combo creator, doing drill to grab gets you a good 30% or so and thats alot considering your Jigglypuff. Because of Jigglypuff's arieal speed, doing a short hop drill you can attack opponents and then get away from them before they counter
Drill is also the best and easiest way to combo into rest. Want to see more why Drill is so good go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBUoRDtFQPI

Pound, its debatable if this is better than Bair but for one its really useful for her to recover, good for punishing people who try to ledge hog you, and it also helps you cut through alot of aerial attacks.

Now you say that I only think bair is bad because I'm putting all the other moves together against it, I'm not.

If I had to choose between Rest(10) and Bair(7.5), I'd choose Rest
If I had to choose between Fair(9.5) and Bair(7.5), I'd choose Fair
If I had to choose between Drill(9) and Bair(7.5), I'd choose Drill
If I had to choose between Pound(8) and Bai(7.5)r, I'd choose Pound

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ok ok I got it you're the best.
Can write a little more about Bair now please ? Like more than "7.5" and "4 other moves are better" ?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I really think pound and grabs are her best moves but I guess it's just my playstyle, but i will save that for when we're discussing those

And dapuffster u do know you can't really rely on drillrest that much so if you want to rest your opponent it has to be from reading them perfectly or resting a multihit move which is very hard to do vs very good opponents, imo rest takes a higher risk then the reward you're actually receiving

Bair is not her best move though i hope everyone is clear about that it's arguably top 5

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok ok I got it you're the best.
Can write a little more about Bair now please ? Like more than "7.5" and "4 other moves are better" ?
Then explain to me why you think Bair is better than Fair. They're essentially the same move because they're range and speed is the same except that Fair kills. I'm doing this because I don't want to give other Jigglypuff players false information that bair is the best because its not.

All say it again, Bair's main use is so that Fair doesn't get stale, a move like that can't possibly be a characters best move.

And dapuffster u do know you can't really rely on drillrest that much so if you want to rest your opponent it has to be from reading them perfectly or resting a multihit move which is very hard to do vs very good opponents, imo rest takes a higher risk then the reward you're actually receiving
Yes but being a low tier character like Jigglypuff, we have a very small chance of winning against harder opponents. Most of the time Drill to rest is the deciding factor of winning or losing, had it not been for Drill to rest I would've lost to GDX, Junebug, and M2k. At KTAR3 I think I was in the finals of low tier doubles against Atomsk's Lucas. It was just me and him left and I was very close to dying so I went for the drill to rest combo and I got him and won. If we can't rely on drill to rest to win then we don't really have much of a chance to begin with. Think about it, were bad against alot of heavy weights like Snake, DK, Bowser, and DDD. They take forever to kill with the move so we can't really use Drill to rest against them, thats why they're our bad matchups.

Why do you think I like fighting MK so much? Because hes a light character and even though I might be losing to somebody whos alot better than I am, all It takes is 1 to 2 drill to rest combos in order to create an upset.

Enzo

Smash Lord
B-air is phenomenal when it comes to spacing.
Chaining them both on-stage or off-stage racks up significant damage and it sets up for gimps as well.
If you perfectly space it, it's a decent shield poker but still punishable so you shoukdn't spam it on shield.

IMO it's jigg's 3rd/4th move.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Do you feel we are done with this move and should go to the next one or you still got something to say?

Top Bottom