• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PHB 3/26/11 Atl South UNITE! M2K, Reflex, Biglou, Kismet, Redhalberd

B_AWAL

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12428392#post12428392

Results Tread!!!

Fluxx'd UP! Presents:

PANHANDLE SMASHFEST

BRAWL & MELEE SINGLES & DOUBLES, Marvel VS Capcom 3 & Super Street Fighter 4 Side Events!!!

March 26th, 2011

The NEW VENUE IS HUGE!!!! Dont believe me??? Look Below!!

The Venue:
Gamescape Location

2415 N. Monroe St.
Suite 303
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Phone

Game Center: 850.325.6600
Ventrilo Support: 850.345.6225
Tallahassee, FL

Tentative Schedule of Events:

March 26th, 2011THIS IS A ONE DAY EVENT, PLEASE PLAN TO BE HERE ALL DAY.

10:00 AM Venue Opens, Sign-ups Begin!
12:00 PM Melee Doubles
1:00 PM Brawl Doubles
1:00 PM Street Fighter 4
3:00 PM Melee Singles
3:00 PM Marvel Vs Capcom 3
4:00 PM Brawl Singles (Brawl Singles will start either @ 4PM or after Brawl Doubles, whichever comes first.)

BTW WE ARE GIVING AWAY A FREE COT5 PASS 2 THE HIGHST PLACING ATL SOUTH PLAYER!!!!!!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292146

AIB link!!!

[/SIZE] This is an ALL Day Event, There will be no refunds for tournament entry fees unless for extreme emergency, so please plan to be here all day, as all times are somewhat estimated.

Here is Contact Information should you have any questions:
If you have Housing questions, We will be able to arrange housing, and i do encourage housing as the events are starting extremely early!

SomaCruz (386)847-2728
AWAL{ME} (954)618-9548
MrFTW (850)559-2845[/COLOR]
DBS (313)727-4099

PLEASE RSVP IF YOU CAN SO WE KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!!!!! HOWEVER IT MUST BE A SURE THING, NO MAYBEs! A RESERVE LIST WILL FOLLOW THIS POST!

Here is the Price List for all of the Events taking Place on this day!
Door fee: $5 dollars
Melee: Singles $10 entry fee
Melee: Double $5 entry fee (per person, $10 per team,price pending on Melee Players)
Brawl: Singles $10 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $10 entry fee (per person, $20 a Team)
SF4: $5
MVC3: $5

Bring a TV get 50% off door fee
Bring a system get 50% off door fee
Bring more than 1 system it wont matter you'll only get money off of door fee

The pot for Singles Tournament will be divided like this:

If 8 people or under: (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 70% of the total pot
2nd: 30% of the total pot

If tourney attendance has 9-20 people: (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 25% of the total pot
3rd: 15% of the total pot

Should we have 21-36 or more people in the Singles Brackets, the pot distribution will be
3rd: 10% of the total pot
4th: 5% of the total

If we have 37-64(Which could be most likely especially for Brawl) , pot distribution will be
1st: 55%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 7.5%
5th(x2): 2.5%

If 65+ players attend
1st: 50%
3rd: 10%
5th(x2)=5%
7th(x2)=2.5%

The pot for Doubles Tournaments will be divided like this:

If there are 8 or less teams:
3rd: 15% of the total pot

should we have 9-32 teams in the Doubles Brackets, the pot distribution will be
3rd: 10% of the total pot
4th: 5% of the total pot

If we are able to have 33 or more teams the pot distribution for teams will be
1st: 55%
3rd: 12.5%
5th(x2): 2.5%

3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

* Like APEX, players will be permitted to have 1 coach that sits with them during the match and may assist them. Between games, players may individually take up to 3 minutes to consult players but must make a counterpick or ban choice with in 3 minutes of the previous match ending. If you do not make a CP or Ban choice within 3 minutes of the first game ending, you will lose that game. The lone exception to this is if there was a ruling question that required a TO's attention. If there is any dispute on this, please find a TO right away. This rule will not be strictly enforced but the idea is to keep you from stalling a match looking for a coach. Please don't test my patience on this.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.

* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If players play a match out of order in the tournament bracket, Both players will be disqualified and the person that was skipped over will advance past both of them.

* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

* There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 50 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 110 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 110 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 110 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are banned, with the exception of:

1. Infinite Replay
2. Character Texture Hacks(Not including laser colors) Where team colors match
3. Music Hacks

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

*Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries. If we find your wiimote has interrupted or impededed a tourney set, you will be disqualified from the event.

*If you're DQ'd from a match you will lose the set you were playing

*I like being nice... dont cross me please

Stage Lists--

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 2 stages first, then the other player strikes 3 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)

Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Super Smash Bros Melee Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

[/COLOR]
For any more questions please let me know ASAP! PM me and i try to check this forum at least twice a day! A capture card will be available for brawl singles and doubles, if some one would provide on efor melee so i can get footage on youtube that would be awesome. If you can let me know if you're going now that would be awesome. I hope to see alot of people come out!

We will need alot of people to bring setups for this tournament, and so long as the venue cost is covered we will be able to offer discounts for those who brings setups. Discounts are as follows, provided the house fee is covered

Brawl: 0
Wii: $2.50
TV: $2.50
Everything: Free House Fee

ALSO: if you have extension cords, power strips, etc. PLEASE BRING THEM, we're defenitly going to be them.

We will have a list at the front desk for anyone who brings a setup and we will know where exactly it goes and where it will be at all times, once a setup is put into position, it doesn't move unless the owner is leaving.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

FOOD AND EATING!!!!!!!!!
There is a food court right accross from teh venue as it is in the mall.

Most importantly i want everyone who comes to have as much fun as possible, as that is the whole point of this thing. So please I urge all of you to come out and have a good time.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Reserved 4 da host :sonic:

Expected attendance

Tally
Awal
MrFTW
DBS
SomaCruz
X-13
Steve
Sean
Dionte
S3xPuma
Chess
Lil Chroome

Pcola
Saint

Gville
Masky
Lio
DewDaDash
Beluina
RYO
Hala_Back
KBM
Exarch
TOY
True Blu
**** LOAD OF PEOPLE

Jville
Gmoney
Gwabs

Panama
Drumma Boi
Rice
Zone

Tampa
ScaryLB
Mampham
Redhalberd
Trump
EikelMann

CFL
GDX
2D-Jeff

SFL
Plato
MVD
D-torr

Georgia
Biglou
Kismet
Chas/DRN/Turtl
Micaelis
PB&J
M2K???

Alabama
Billy
Reflex
Ragnarock
Ryker

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Just throwing this out there.
Change the Brawl rules.
MLG isn't with us anymore, and we don't usually use that ruleset.
Look for the Pound 5 rules.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
This looks like this could be hype...I wanna go...but I damn sure don't wanna drive the whole way.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
This looks like this could be hype...I wanna go...but I damn sure don't wanna drive the whole way.
Awal a dj..So you already know the deal if ya wanna get some nice club time in..i prob hit up FSU yeeee..clubbin in tally crazy i heard.

Saint will place top 3 this tourney no matter what the turn out..Callin it.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Awal a dj..So you already know the deal if ya wanna get some nice club time in..i prob hit up FSU yeeee..clubbin in tally crazy i heard.

Saint will place top 3 this tourney no matter what the turn out..Callin it.
Skater with the misplaced hope. xD

HELL YEAH, GONNA BEAT SEIBRIK!!!

...yeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhno.

Edit: Rag, alright, well get it all sorted out and lemme know who to tell my address to. :p

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Biglou prob comin w/ GA ppl
Rag comin w/ AL ppl
Odds R that Billy will come & he will come wit Reflex and if he comes then Kismet will come as well

There are mostly flatscreens but I'm workin on bringin more Regular TVs there...

Imagine a Barnes and noble or a Books a million emptied out.... Thats how big the venue is

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I don't know if ima be able to make it now. I have a 2nd job started tuesday, But i'ma try asking for the 26th of march off. I might get it, my boss seem pretty laid back.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll be able to make it saint, my boss has my off days rotating on the weekend. So one of my saturdays off falls on this date.

Top Bottom