• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so you get Snake to grab the ledge, now what? [Frame Trap]

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
A new way to **** Snake. Man I'm already good at this MU. This is just going to make it better. Thanks again GIMR. Can we get a screenshot sometime soon. I would really like to implement this.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'll do my best, to get some screens up

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
almost every character has a huge frame trap against snake on the ledge, marth particular is exceptionally good at this

I guess its good to know in the unlikely event I go D3

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'd say 1 D3 foot length.

You should test it your self. Just hold b with D3 and have snake on the ledge. If you jump past D3 with snake then D3 is too far away. If you roll past D3 with snake, then D3 is too close(to the ledge)

if you catch snake out of one of his options just spit him out and have snake grab the ledge and then try his other options

Coney

Smash Master
yeah this is so good, takeover showed it to me a while ago when lain did it to him in an MM

my issue was that they could still roll behind me, but i would just condition it and end the inhale early and grab them out of the roll and CG across the stage instead...if this actually covers that option as well, when hells yeah

also it says he can only hit you with nair...theoretically, couldn't he hit you with fair? it's slower, obviously, and more risky, and has just as much lag, but i imagine that might be a good surprise tactic once or twice.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
the reason F-air wouldn't work is because they'd be sucked into D3's mouth before the f-air came out, if he tries to come from under the stage with the f-air(In order to hit you at the correct time) he'll be stage spiked.

If he tries to Just ledge hop double jump f-air you, he'll be sucked in before the f-air comes out.

B-air has the problem of his head not having a hit box on it so he'll be sucked in before it hits

D-air has the same problem where the hit box isn't in the correct area to hit D3 before he's sucked in

BTW, I think the spacing is almost pixl perfect in order for D3 to catch all 3 of those options(ledge roll, attack, and jump)

oh yeah, also, ledge get up obviosuly gets sucked in

CO18

Smash Hero
Ive done this for awhile, didnt think there was a spacing for ledge roll though, i just did what coney said, this is effective vs alot of chars

ive killed like adhd and lee at 0 like this in mm's from the stage spike lol.
snake has a pretty easy way past it though but i dont really think snakes would know

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
That's pretty much the concept. However this has only been proven to be THIS effective on Snake. I'm sure we can **** a few other characters like this though.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I did some more tests and it look like Snake can jump off the ledge and air dodge and use the suck momentum to get behind you and land an attack

Top Bottom