• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT #5 (Saturday February 19th, 2011) Results

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I want to start by thanking everyone in attendance, especially Fort Worth, Abilene & even a surprise appearance from San Angelo. You guys made this the biggest & baddest DMT so far. Big thanks goes out to the owner of Jasco Games and staff for lending us their venue at no charge (they got to play for free however) and to those who also helped me run the tournament, which I heard was poorly run, I really appreciate the helping hand (and voice). Regardless, it was loads of fun, so on to the results:

Doubles

1: Super Dlck (Infinity :metaknight: & Denti :olimar:) ($60.00)
2: A Boy and his Bat (Dojo :metaknight: & Tyson :ness2:) ($30.00)
3: Grapist (Dakpo :zerosuitsamus: & Karma :dedede:/:popo:) ($10.00)
4: 69 & Rel (Rel :yoshi2: & 69Dude :metaknight:)
5: Explosion Explosion (??? :kirby2: & BooM :snake:)
5: Black Koolaid (Problemo :metaknight: & NeoBatou :rob:)
7: Tier Faags (Ginko :metaknight: & PaNiC :metaknight:)
7: C&C Power (CDT :ike: & Colin :dedede:)
9: Super Mario World (Andre :mario2: & FTP :yoshi2:)
9: Bluth (Fashion Snake & Dubits)
9: Painful Rain on a Train in Spain (Jason & Willie)

Bracket: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket10105.gif

Singles

1: Dojo :metaknight:($72.00)
2: Infinity :metaknight: ($18.00)
3: Denti :olimar: ($10.00)
4: Dakpo :zerosuitsamus:
5: 69Dude :metaknight:
5: Rel12 :yoshi2:
7: Bad Karma :popo:
7: Tyson :ness2:/:lucas:
9: ALSM :toonlink:/:link2:
9: FTP :yoshi2:
9: Problemo :metaknight:
9: ??? :kirby2:
13: PaNiC :wolf:
13: Colin :dedede:
13: Willie :diddy:
13: BooM :snake:
17: Ginko :marth:
17: SLZY
17: Dubits

Singles: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket10106.gif

LT Doubles

1: Tyson & Dojo (:jigglypuff:/:lucas:) ($12.80)
2: Green Eggs & Sword (ALSM :link2: & Rel12 :yoshi2:)($3.20)
3: Little Super Dlck (Denti :mario2: & Infinity :mario2:)
4: Dinko (Dakpo :mario2: & Ginko :zelda:)
5: Team #69 (69Dude :mario2: & Colin :yoshi2:)
5: Cute & Cuter (BooM :jigglypuff: & ??? :bowser2:)
7: Super Black Koolaid (Batou :falcon: & Problemo :bowser2:)
7: Super Mario World 2 (Andre :mario2: & FTP :yoshi2:)
9: Team Name of Team (Willie & Jason)

Bracket: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket10107.gif

PaNiC: Dawg, our MM was too good (except for falco/snake), Phil & Nolan's commentary was mad hilarious, I could barely concentrate.. XD GGs dude

Dojo: Dude, thanks for the help and for showing up unexpectedly, it means a lot for us, pretty soon we hope to bring in more top players to give you a challenge.

Tyson: You are just awesome man, thanks for your help and for the good feedback. We'll see you next time.

Infinity/Denti: Guys, thank you for driving 5+ hours all the way out here. You flat out dominated!!! I recall your comment on how the Dallas scene is sort of "dead", let me say we felt the same about lubbock not too long ago, but luckily it has been growing lately b/c of these tournaments and it all starts with just a few players with huge drives to become the best. You're dedication is admirable. I'm sorry for the controversy I made with the payout system and no hard feelings Denti, you did deserve 3rd place $$. I take the blame for that, for now DMT's rules are in need of a huge revamp.

Rel12: Congratz on your placing. Beastly Yoshi, you definitely know a lot more match ups than me (except for snake, lol jk). I wish we could have finished our Yoshi dittos!!!! Thanks for showing up anyways Rel, we weren't certain you'd make it, but you sure proved us all wrong, see ya at Whobo 3 buddy!

To Jasco Games Staff: THANK YOU VERY MUCH. You guys rock.

DMT 5 Pictures:

Jasco Games in Lubbock, TX

LTR: Dakpo, Bad Karma, Infinity, Denti

LTR: Dubits, Fashion Snake, PaNiC, Ginko

Doubles

A Boy and his Bat vs Super Dlck

Bottom to top right: Rel12, 69Dude, ???, Phil (BooM)

Phil (BooM), Dakpo, ???, Ginko

So Focused..

Infinity vs Dakpo Winner's Semis

Infinity vs Dojo Grand Finals

Bad Karma vs ALSM

Dakpo vs Rel12

Denti Vs Infinity Loser's Finals

Jason, Andre and Ginko

Some thoughts:
:(
Guys, to all the travelers and OOC players who were in attendance, I personally want to apologize for the lack of organization at DMT 5. It really got to me when I was told from someone that this could have used a stronger TO and better pre-defined rules.

First off, I arrived pretty late 12:20-ish, when I clearly posted that doubles would start at 12:30pm. I should have made it at 11 to start sign ups and had time to do practice matches.

Second, I, as the TO should given much more priority to running this whole thing rather than participated in it myself.

Third, the rules as I said would be MLG format before, then I said legal stages would follow that of Whobo 3 as far as cps/starters. Then I proceeded to use the payout system at Phase tournaments where it specifically states a turnout of 19 players will result in only 1st and 2nd places win money. I found it here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293041

To the 3rd place winner in singles, I am sorry again, it was my fault for that. Clearly the system we have is in need of dire improvement. And I wish I had seen this before, so that it could have been a much better tournament experience for everyone. Again, please forgive me. Future DMTs will not be organized by unqualified people.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Shoutouts!

1: Dojo ($72.00) - Nice job. Your attendance was unexpected to say the least. GGs in low tiers, and thanks for the friendlies.

2: Infinity ($18.00) - Team SuperD*ck too good. Good job on second.

3: Denti ($10.00) - Keep up that Olimar!

4: Dakpo - GGs, learned a bit from our set, I'll do better next time.

5: Rel12 - It was good teaming with you for low tier; Link compliments Yoshi pretty well. =) We gotta team more often whenever we get the chance. =)

7: Bad Karma - ICs, FUUUUUUU- my most hated MU atm. /salt

7: Tyson - GGs in low tiers, Lucas is pretty tricky to fight against.

9: ALSM - Link is solid as ever, though Tink needs more and more work.

9: FTP - Thanks for hosting this, I enjoyed it regardless of how it was ran.

9: Problemo - Black Koolaid ftw, lol.

9: ??? - GGs, you're a pretty patient player from what I can tell.

13: PaNiC - We never did our MM. =( I came up to you, but you weren't ready, I guess.

13: BooM - Nice Snake, keep it up! Thanks for housing us DFW peeps!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
alejandro9561 don't beat yourself up about the organization of the tournament. It's hard to master. You never know who's gonna show up or what's bound to happen. You did pretty good as far as I am concerned.

For shoutouts, I'll do it later.

-sigh of relief-

Good to see that Captain Falcon back on the winning prowl.
For reference sake, I did do a knee count of the entire weekend.

Knee Count: 67

Knee victims: ALL OF YOU.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Don't beat yourself up Ale-Alejandro. True, the tournament could have been more organized and run better, but because the turnout wasn't like 89734587 people it's alright and in the grand scheme of things probably allowed us to have more fun with friendlies and whatnot.

The most important part is you realize what mistakes were made and you're taking action to correct them, plus you were willing to correct mistakes on the spot while at the venue (specifically third place payout in Singles). This says a lot to me and I'd be perfectly willing to give you another shot, yo.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Sorry if I'm coming off as too miserable & regretful in the OP but I tend to be self-conscious most times. It helps in some situations, but there's a point to where others may say "Ok, we're all over it, now stfu!" :)

So yeah how bout Razer beating M2K? Saw the results and I said "Wow, how bout them MKs?"

Dakpo

Smash Lord
1: Dojo ($72.00)- thanks for everything you taught me! Im studying those matches so hard!!! trust me when i say i will become one of the top 3 ZSS this year
2: Infinity ($18.00) <3 always great to see you, fun matches of course. Dont expect me to suicide next time :)))
3: Denti ($10.00) you **** me...i suck :( we gotta play more
4: Dakpo 4th? scrub
5: 69Dude getting better, keep it up
5: Rel12 thanks for coming out to this, to bad u couldnt dikk on snake
7: Bad Karma - saw some really good stuff this tourney
7: Tyson - Were you been!!!??? great to see ya. catch up at whobo?
9: ALSM - your link rocks, your TL is cool too. keep getting better. Just dont rage >_<
9: FTP <3
9: Problemo
9: ??? <3
13: PaNiC <3
13: Colin
13: Willie <3
13: BooM </3
17: Ginko <3
17: SLZY ?
17: Dubits ?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I had a great time at DMT5. I did learn a lot of new things for my own personal database. I will become the best Captain Falcon player in history...and I've already shown my roots by becoming the most active CF player in Texas.

I was shocked...I didn't know I had contributed a lot of the hype in this tournament but a lot of people were anxiously awaiting to see the big buzz about a good CF player. Glad to show you guys that I am one of the best, if not the best right now.

Also I have been noticing that I am evolving more as a team player than a single competitor and I'm now gonna be competing in EVERY teams event each tournament I get a chance to go to....

So with that said, it's time for shoutouts.

ALSM - Dude your getting better and better. Just need to tweak some old habits and your Toon Link will become a threat to everyone. Good job in LT Dubs bro. Repping the DFW crew as usual :D Definitely proud of your advancement in brawl and the best Link player this side of the missi-dam-sippi lol

Problemo - Bro we rock as a team! We did better than expected, and we are going to do this more often. Thanks for having my back. Thanks for repping that DFW :D

Infinity - Wrecking hard as usual. You already had the Batou seal of approval :D Good job in singles and doubles. Thanks for repping that DFW crew.

Denti - Every tournament we inch closer and closer to our dream, but to me, you've already reached the goal as the best damn Olimar player. Good job across the boards. Thanks for repping that DFW crew :D

Dojo - Surprised to see you show up. Good job in singles bro. Can't wait to actually play you one of these days.

Dakpo - Finally good to see you again mate! Your ZSS is top notch as usual. I personally think that you probably are the best ZSS player in Texas. I love ya FK but Dakpo's been tipping the balance lately :D Thanks for the friendlies and some pointers you gave me.

Rel12 - It was good to finally meet you bro. I got to play you twice in LT and for regular dubz and that yoshi of yours got the best of me both times. Good job man keep up the good work. I'll rematch you at WHOBO3?

Tyson - My good buddy tyson, it's been a while. Good job across the whole tournament. Best Ness player IMO.

alejandro9561- Thanks for getting things squared away with the tournament. We had a lot fun driving from Fort Worth to participate. We'll do it again next time.

....and for everyone else, thanks as well. I'm terrible with nicknames, especially if it's the first time i've played you lol so my apologies.

Oh and by the way Denti, don't you love it how I drive like 110MPH down every tournament we go to? Jesus I am that good at driving :D

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Dakpo - Finally good to see you again mate! Your ZSS is top notch as usual. I personally think that you probably are the best ZSS player in Texas. I love ya FK but Dakpo's been tipping the balance lately :D Thanks for the friendlies and some pointers you gave me.
\
Thanks man!!!

EDIT: @Boom
lol its only like that cause your break my heart when we part :(

Top Bottom