• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I have moved to LST Forums. The link is here:
http://lsteam.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=452&page=1

De-cloned RoyV1 is available on the Brawl Vault here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31424

Roy's PSA download link is near the bottom of this page between two lines of giant orange text which are located beneath the only picture on the opening page. Keep scrolling down and you'll find it.

I'm being plagued by a repeat-offender thief who goes by many aliases. The tale of his first theft is here.

The thief and his aliases
1. RoyHatena/Roy16/luigiturd

Our thief has hosted my stolen work on another video site, today(June 14th, 2012). http://www.vxv.com/video/EfTbSamYiI7r/ssbb-hacks-full-roy-moveset-sfx-model-v2-2.html#!prettyPhoto

Don't re-upload my Roy with a .rel, I've got 'em all in my download. I don't want him to be in any "hack packs" either

Okay. First thing's first.
This is a continuation of the original Roy topic, not a new PSA.

Original topic link here. Should be kept for referencing things.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234839

This is because of how it seems that so many people are/were under the impression that Roy was finished, however the opposite could not be more true.

Hence, a new topic with an opening page that I can update, with a list of the work that needs to be accomplished to complete Roy.

With that said...

Challenger Approaching! A New foe has appeared!

"For those whom I must protect...I will not lose!"

Roy the young lion prince of Pherae has joined the brawl!

Click the link below!
October 15th FINAL update
Oopsie. Above this sentence...

Smashbros_sound.brsar (NEW COMPLETE BRSAR!!!)
Kirby hat sounds~Eeeyuh!

Roy names, CSPs, etc~
Roy stuff over Marth
Roy stuff over Yoshi
Roy stuff over Ike
Roy stuff over R.O.B.
Roy stuff over Ness

Videos
Video by Wolfric, Training mode showing off some moves(older version)
Video by Wolfric, Roy Vs. Samus(older version)

~March18th/21st video by Wolfric~
~Video link~ (I drew the cartoony pics the vid, if anyone's curious)

Stabilizing Codes will now be included in the download.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Change List Post!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All animations are subject to changes/revamps.

Note: Compatibility issues with the .pac(moveset) file may be present if running Brawl-'s codeset.

If you want to use any animations that I have personally created, you have my full permission...But if you could give me some credit, that'd be swell <:3c

Changed:

Oshtoby for the .rels, I forgot to mention this for eons ;__;

.pac was edited to allow giving Roy some of his animation that the older
one would not allow. Thanks to Wave Kusanagi for the .pac edit

SpecialN animations, both on the ground and in the air
(AKA FLARE BLADE! WHOO! Thanks to Magus for the P:M Marth Shield Breaker
animation)

Angle-able Blazer(Thanks to Magus)

Recolours by TehSqueeMistro, Model provided by BeyondYou

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17928

Sword remaining out for many animations(a la Melee) by Eternal Yoshi

Sword Trail length fixed by Eternal Yoshi

Win2 and WinWait2 added.

Plays same, sans D-Air, in both matches and SSE, FS is Critical Hit with phire again, Win2 plays properly now, by Eternal Yoshi

New entry added. Re-added its standard entry GFX

New Swim animations

Approximately the proper size now. Thanks to Eternal Yoshi for telling me how to do it via PSA

Counter animations have been fixed.

Redone Up and Side Taunts. Side taunt's looking pretty cool now >:Dc

Win1, new rolling dodges and 4th down hit of Side B looks a little different...Just a little.

Sword trails have been improved

COMPLETE BRSAR full of Roy's Melee sounds, by Raijinmaru, with help from Infernape99, and myself.

.pac file's SFX have been re-mapped to go with the new BRSAR

DL now includes all the stuff for porting via .rels. Thanks to Wolfric for the Yoshi and Jigglypuff .rels, as well
as the original creator of the .rels

Preloaded info.pacs, and CSPs and other such goodies, as well as The Kirby hat SFX by Infernape99

Cliff animations. No longer dangles, or even attacks like Marth!(Now has sword trails)

"Sheathed" lose pose(clapping, post match if a draw/loses)

Infernape99's final Melee dodge animation included.

3rd down hit of Side B revamped.

Side B's speed has been tweaked, making it not so terribly slow, 4th down hit's knockback issue has been fixed. F-smash also has been given a slight slight speed increase.

Win3 has finally been made. New Cliff teeter animation.

Up tilt sends targets more skyward, and is interrupt-able earlier, allowing one to follow up with an aerial.

SWORD NOSE Vs. MARTH HAS BEEN FIXED! YAHOO!!!

SHeLL, camelot and possibly others of the P:M team allowing us to use their range upgraded animations. I have included the following;

Dash Attack,
Up Tilt,
Down Tilt,
All 3 smashes,
All 5 aerials,
Grab, dash grab and the...Turn-around grab.
Side B's 1st, 2nd up, 2nd normal(with a slight aesthetic tweak by me), 3rd up, 4th norm(again, slight aesthetic edit ) 4th down(again, I've edited slightly)

End lag adjustments for all 3 smashes and Flare Blade( Flare Blade has been restored to x1 speed; played to fast before. F and D smashes have x0.95 the normal speed,
Up smash has x0.9)

Up throw trajectory tweaked. Throws straighter upwards (set to 6D)

A attack(Attack11) now can hit shorter foes. Take THAT Squirtle! >:3c

F-Smash's charge up animation now contains the jittery goodness of other Smash charges.

4th up hit of Side B has been revamped. Speed has also been adjusted, no longer hits lower foes ahead of you(That's what 4th normal hit is for! :D )

3rd normal side B has been fixed. T'was an issue with his arm being wacky at frame 34, also, sword trail lasts longer

(October 22nd's update)

Revamped Up Taunt.
Revamped Side Taunt.
Fixed Down Taunt.
DownWait U animations and the ones it goes into/comes out of have been changed.
Less Jittery Sword in the Lose pose, by TCRHade/Tabuu Forte Akugun.
New counter animations. All 4 anims.
Ladder animations.
Both rolling and the sidestep dodge have had some touch-ups/fixes.
Guard, Guard ON, and Guard OFF.
F-Tilt range improved.
Attack11(A attack) has been fixed aesthetically, and slowed down.
Minor aesthetic edits for the 3 smashes; endlag tweaked.
Up tilt's Knockback adjusted.
Jump height reduced slightly.
Flare Blade(at maximum charge) comes out earlier during the swing, and has somewhat larger hitboxes.
Run and walk speed reduced slightly.
CSPs made by SJS are now included.
Stock Icons by me are now included.
Port over Diddy available, thanks to Infernape99.

(december 1st's update)

~ANIMATIONS~

1. New Cliff teetering animation. No longer using Ike's.
2. Cliff Attack Quick animation has been touched up.
3. Quick Attack Slow has been completely redone(Yay! Looks way better now!)
4. Other Cliff animations have been fixed(Thank you, clean function... >:/ )
5. Swim animations redone completely.(He also now looks genuinely terrified when drowing >:3c )
6. Lose animation has been improved. 105 frames, and the sword stays very still(Though, applauding with a sword attached to
the back of your belt would, in real life, make it bounce a little, given how loosely Roy's is on.
7. Guard Damage animation has been edited to fit with the other guards(Forgot this one before; after shielding a hit, he takes
Marth's shielding pose without this one being edited with the others)
8. ItemSmall redone completely.(I make this pose a lot when BBox gives me trouble when animating *twitch* *twitch* ...I got deja vu
typing this for some reason...)
9. ItemBig animation redone. SCHWINNNG!
10. ItemAssist redone.
11. 4th Up hit of Side B was touched up. Mostly the positioning of his feet.(Feet...My one weakness...Err, I mean when it comes
to animating! Just animating! o__o''')
12. 4th Normal Side B hit touched up as well. Again, mostly feet positioning, but also his sword arm.
13. Entry redone, animation-wise and w/ GFX. Why does the Sword of Seals have fire, but the Blazing sword, Durandal, has none? Hrm...
14. Down Taunt animation tweaked.
15. Up Taunt's voice clip timing to 5 frames after the anim starts.(What? I think it's worth mentioning... ;__; )
16. Attack11(The A move/Roy's Jab) has been completely redone from scratch. Big thanks to Wolfric for netting me still images of
every frame of Roy's Melee jab for reference.
17. Up Smash, its charge animation and its "Startup" animation have been edited. Looks more like Melee's Up smash(AKA, less...Girly...)
18. Down Smash, its charge animation and it's "Startup" animation have been edited. Looks more like Melee's Down Smash(AKA...
Cooler. Look at him run his hand across the blade! Eeee! So COOL!)
19. Re done Wait animation! Yay! Woo! Huzzah! This is the final time I redo Wait! Yay! :3

~MOVESET TWEAKS~(Big big big BIG thanks to Data Drain, and Wolfric for helping with balancing)

20. Up Throw trajectory edited slightly again. Set to 5A.
21. Reverted the max power FlareBlade to just an explosion...A significantly BIGGER explosion!(Hitboxes reach as far as the
explosion GFX) :3c
22. A move(Attack11) given more end lag (Frame speed set to x0.9) Sweetspot hitlag has been upped from x0.7 to x0.8
23. F-tilt base knockback up (From 23, 32 on the tip to 35, 30 on the tip) And its hitlag on the sweetspots has been upped
from x0.7 to 1.1(approx)
24. F-Smash adjustments. KB growth set from 44, 40(tip) to 42, 3E. End lag set to x0.9 from x0.93 (FrameSpeedmod) and Hitlag
has been upped on the sweetspots from x0.7 to 1.12(approx)
25. Weight adjusted. Set from 85 to 82.
26. 4th down hit of side B has been further fixed of its knockback issue.
27. DownSmash adjustments. Non-tipped damage has been swapped between the two hits.

MARCH 18th-March21st 2012 UPDATE

1. Fixed an issue with DownSmash's first hitbox time. First is supposed to hit on frame 3, not the frames before it as well. Also redid most of the animation.

2. Touched up the 3rd normal hit of Side B again. Thanks to Wolfric for the frame-by-frame pics for reference.

3. Completely redid the 3rd down hit. I'm serious, last time. The YRotN bone is a life saver! <3 <3 <3
It also now traps foes better for its multiple hits, and properly does some minor shield damage. Thanks to Wolfric for the frame-by-frame pics for reference.

4. Up Throw knockback reduced from 9F to 69.

5. New sword glow shape and colour.(I'll probably have to redo this when the new model is done x__X)

6. Altered all moves that use Sword Glows. The trails overall come out earlier and last longer.
Also, every move now draws only from the regular sword glow (External graphic 00120001)

7. Added Sword glow event to his sword slash when using an item with an F-Smash like Beam Swords, Fans, etc(Marth lacks this by default in Brawl, apparently. C'mon, Sakurai! T__T )

8. Landing lag adjustments, N-Air: 5 -> 7.

9. Landing lag adjustments, D-Air: 6 -> 12.

10. B-Air's non tipped damage has been lessened. Makes it more of a Utility move(tipped fire spike or bust!)

11. 4th down hit now traps foes better for its multiple hits, and I fixed up the aerial version's animation.

12. Fixed an issue with some of his "Getting up" attacks not connecting. This was actually a problem with some animations native to Brawl. Silly Sakurai and his team : / (Both laying down attacks, and his trip-get-up attack)

13. Re-did Item Assist.

14. Minor tweaks to the Up taunt. More of a wrist-snap when thrusting the sword out.

15. Semi-minor edits to the down tilt. Just always kinda bugged me how Marth holds the sword during the attack x__x
It looked...Physically impossible.

16. Edited the 2nd normal Side B's spin, so that it flows better with Brawl's FPS. It's a only a single rotation, as opposed to the 1.5 spins he and Marth did in Melee for this move. Also edited the stabby part of the attack a bit.(Aerial version as well)

17. Redid Melee(down) taunt. Also comes with a "sheathed" variant for those who like to use the sheathed Roy model. Just use BrawlBox to put it over "AppealLw" in his Fitmotion file and you're set!

18. NEW Walk Slow animation! He now regains his cautious approach from Melee!

19. NEW Walk Middle animation! He now regains his...I dunno what to call it from Melee!(A pseudo-cautious-limp? I'unno. It's not Brawl Marth's Walkmiddle anymore, so that's what matters.)

20. NEW Walk Fast animation! He now regains his...His Melee fast walk that looks kinda like Ike's WalkFast, but more sprint-like!

(Also, to better fit with the new walk animations, The attribute "Walk Initial Velocity" has been reduced from 0.17 to 0.14. and "Maximum Walk Velocity" reduced from 0.21 to 0.19)

21. Edited his running/dash animations. Yes, they too were hit by the "Flamboyance virus" that got most of Marth's animations from the transition between games. I have keen eyes o__o
(Dash, Run, RunBrake, TurnRun, TurnRunBrake)

22. Tweaked the Lose pose, so that the (back)Sheathe is now in-line with the sword from the only view you'd be able to see it in-game(Obviously, this only applies to those who use a back-sheathed version).

23. Re-edited the Up-Smash animation again.

24. New Final Smash, "Rex Ignis Spatha". It is composed of several quick, flaming slashes.(If someone can tell me how to make the HP boxes from from Critical Hit not appear, the aid is welcome ;__;)

25. Uhh...Not much of an update, but now my vertex is included in this pack instead of the older model(all 3 variations, and my recolours)

26. Also not a direct update to Roy, but I have made a vBrawl Marth PSA that allows Roy vs this Marth without screwing with their GFX (this is for people who have one or the other ported over someone else via a .rel file and codes).

They both share GFX, but this means that Marth only has the normal blue slash and his S.Breaker slash colours...And I added a sword trail to his(Marth's) Item F-smash animations, and his side taunt.(Looks cool, so why not?)

However, Roy vs other Marth-PSA's will still result in graphical hiccups based on who gets loaded first.

Also, only Roy will have a Sword glow between him and this Marth. The GFX are now as follows;

(default Marth PSA) (What Marth and Roy's shared colours are now)
Blue side B slash == Marth's Shield Breaker
Green Side B slash== Unused
Red Side B slash == Roy's normal colour
S. Breaker slash == Flare Blade's trail
Normal Marth slash== Marth's normal colour
Marth sword glow == Roy's sword glow

(Marth's PSA simply calls no glow aside from a default blue thing he seems to have? I wanted
him to use his Shield Breaker glow, but it doesn't function like a standard sword glow, sadly. ie. it stays in place in the air where it is summoned, instead of staying attached to his sword...)

27. New turn animation.

28. Slight touchup to his DownWaitU anim. Looks a little more lively, I guess?

29. New "broken shield" animation and the animations that transition to and from it have also be changed.

30. New "DownWaitD" animations.(laying down on his front side) ...Ugh... Stupid stupid STUPID HipN bone...

And to reiterate once more...

stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid STUUUUUUUUUPIIIIIIIID HIPN BONE. *flips table over*

31. Big thanks to _Data_Drain_ for this, he edited the FitRoyFinal.pac so that the HP bars from Critical Hit won't show up! Now the FS looks perfect :3

32. Remade the ItemBig animation. Pose inspired by MegaMan X's "entry" in MMX4-6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Needs work:

About 9 animations remaining(For the dev.build of Roy - AKA my currently unreleased one)

Alternate versions for vBrawl, B- and P:M

Finish Roy's new model

...Other secret stuff....

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Alright, so I managed to snag and mess around with his current build, and develop a sense of where we are in Roy's re-entry into Brawl. I'd like to point out a few issues I have though. ^-^;

Alright first off, he seems.. how to say... ridiculously slow. I'm using him in vBrawl, and while he is made for Brawl+, it still would be nice to have him actually swing the sword with the speed to kill. He does do this in Melee, he's not slower by that much.
-Another added point is that Ike's slashes are not slow, they are fast. The build-up time and lag for Ike's attacks are timely, however the actual hit is pretty damn fast and powerful. Just like Roy's in Melee. Fast strikes, just slower recovery.. >_>

Next up on my plate of... well plate.. is the range. In Project: M, I did see that Marth got a range upgrade, so I was wondering how come the newest modified Roy pac does not..? I have on Thany's No Sheath Red Roy costume and all his sword strokes aren't as long as the sword given..

Okay, third up on the list is a graphical error. Whenever I (or the computers) perform his counter in midair (Down-B), he does not shine with his invincibility frames. He doesn't shine at all, it makes the noise and he's in his stance ready to go, but no flash.. He does flash when on the ground and countering, just not while in the air.. A little weird.

The regular animations look pretty good, so props to Thany on that. ^-^; This isn't all negative criticism..

I do have to ask why you mentioned him as the Lion Prince.. I don't remember any lions in Fire Emblem 6... or 7... I do remember Ninian, his most popular and probably canon mother who is a Dragon... >___>;

Anyway! ^-^ I am hoping that soon he will be back to his Melee self (through the help of those Project: M folks as well), and then he can be worked on to be a newly remade character complete with unique moveset for Brawl. Like Wolf and Fox. =3= Only less Cajun and more HIYA!

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Yay, the first version is released! It's really nice.

Do you guys plan on keeping his moveset like Melee's? Or do you plan on changing or altering some moves?

Also, does Roy have slash effects on his attacks?

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Super happy fun response time from yours truly! ^w^

Hmm... say Thany, while you made the animations, did you ever turn the floor on in the brawlbox preview?
Sadly enough, I had the floor on the whole time... ;_;
...Hence why I say we need to recruit better animators than myself... ;_;

(Plus, for the counter animation, he stands perfectly in BB, but he's floating and slanted
in-game, as an example of the issues I've been having... -_-)

Not to mention, I find that floor isn't as helpful as it should be. I mean, from SOME angles,
he's on it, from others, he's floating above it, or stuck in it like the Pichu hacks I've seen ;_;

Alright first off, he seems.. how to say... ridiculously slow. I'm using him in vBrawl, and while he is made for Brawl+, it still would be nice to have him actually swing the sword with the speed to kill. He does do this in Melee, he's not slower by that much.
-Another added point is that Ike's slashes are not slow, they are fast. The build-up time and lag for Ike's attacks are timely, however the actual hit is pretty damn fast and powerful. Just like Roy's in Melee. Fast strikes, just slower recovery.. >_>
I think we might need some help with the .pac again...

Plus, I want that tip removed from the F-Smash. Nothing's worse than going for
what you think is going to be a KO, only to have his tipping gimmick slap you for
the F-Smash.
I'm fine with the other tips, given their utility, but I'd like F-Smash
to be pure KO material.
(And...Uh...Faster too ^_^. I blame the strength of Brawl's shields, personally...)

Next up on my plate of... well plate.. is the range. In Project: M, I did see that Marth got a range upgrade, so I was wondering how come the newest modified Roy pac does not..? I have on Thany's No Sheath Red Roy costume and all his sword strokes aren't as long as the sword given..
Needs more .pac edit/We need to recruit a PSA'er ;_;

(As the length of the Sword of Seals is purely aesthetic, simply the model, and not any
coding just like using Ike's moveset, but playing with...Say...Advent Children Cloud Strife. Looks can be deceiving, as they say...
...Given how BIG that sword is...My lord... ;_;)

Okay, third up on the list is a graphical error. Whenever I (or the computers) perform his counter in midair (Down-B), he does not shine with his invincibility frames. He doesn't shine at all, it makes the noise and he's in his stance ready to go, but no flash.. He does flash when on the ground and countering, just not while in the air.. A little weird.
Actually, this .pac was like that from when I originally downloaded it.
Just like his(currently Marth's still) entry animation has no magic circle beneath
his feet. : /

The regular animations look pretty good, so props to Thany on that. ^-^; This isn't all negative criticism..
Yay! Self Esteem + 3! :D8

I do have to ask why you mentioned him as the Lion Prince.. I don't remember any lions in Fire Emblem 6... or 7... I do remember Ninian, his most popular and probably canon mother who is a Dragon... >___>;
Actually, that's taken from his title in FE 6. You know how when you beat a Fire Emblem
game and usually(sans FE9 for one) it says what the character did with their life after
the war, and it usually would say something like...For Eliwood, his title was "Knight of
Pherae? Or Raven's was "Sublime Mercenary?" Yeah. Beat FE 6 and I'm 99% certain it
says Roy's title is The young lion of Pherae or something like that.
...Haven't played FE6 in English for years ^_^' *owns the JP cart*

Heh. Plus it kinda sounds like what would be said for unlocking him ^w^

(And his belt buckle! LIONS!>:D 8)

Anyway! ^-^ I am hoping that soon he will be back to his Melee self (through the help of those Project: M folks as well), and then he can be worked on to be a newly remade character complete with unique moveset for Brawl. Like Wolf and Fox. =3= Only less Cajun and more HIYA!
Aye.
Funny thing is that most of what we need to make Roy into...Roy again is mostly
animations.
That FitMotionetc file, which can be interchanged and has almost no need to go with
a specific PSA(sans the Snake taunt bonus Fitmotion I think...)

So...Realistically, We should work together WITH the P:M Roy team, so we can get the
main issue with Roy completed waaay sooner :D
(Plus they...Probably have better animators than I at their disposal... ^_^')

Do you guys plan on keeping his moveset like Melee's? Or do you plan on changing or altering some moves?

For now, the idea is to restore his Melee self, which can pave a better path to make an
alternate "him".

But for now, I want to make him like in Melee, with maybe a few tweaks here and
there.
Heck, re-using the animations he and Marth had in Melee would prove enough
of an aesthetic change, seeing as how virtually ALL of Brawl-Marth's animations look
different, be they attacks or otherwise :3c

Also, does Roy have slash effects on his attacks?

Err...He should. ^_^
He did for me, anyway.(Sword trails and sword glows you mean? He's got those,
even though the sword trail and glow are both Marth's in terms of shape anyway ^_^)

But in case we get a PSA'er to join our merry army(Of which I have declared myself
the lord of *dons Roy costume and prop Sword of Seals*) Making his sword trails and
the sword glows match the shape of his sword, along with making the trails a more
noticeable red are something to work towards.(I find they're too...White looking...)

Plus his shadow...It's Marth's, but I don't know if we have the ability to edit that.
It's just another, low res version of the character and is included with any .pcs file.
Oh well. Not too necessary as of now, but something I'd like to see tackled if possible. :3

Magus420

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?z8j94spsbv2a61w

Was going to just hex edit in the angle on up-b, but noticed it didn't work properly at all with the way the momentum was altered during on the move, then I did some other stuff while I was at it.

-Up-B: Angled goes 40 degrees instead instead of 20. Redid it entirely so it works much better. Uses conditional add momentums scaled off of current momentum instead of setting momentum repeatedly which was kind of weird looking. Removed reversibility flag from action 114 and added turn around coding into the subaction itself so the turnaround happens after the first hit to allow hitting with reverse blazer. Changed the first hit to be like the first hit in melee. Changed angle of inbetween hits to 365 so they are sent in the same direction Roy is going even when angled.

-Down-B: Fixed Goto pointer on air version's GFX so they work. Changed the special's floats so that the return attack's minimum damage is 1 and multiplier is 1.5x the countered hit's damage (brawl Marth's is 8 min and 1.1x).

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Normal

* Roy - Young Lion

Roy returned home to rebuild the lands in Lycia that were trampled on during the war. Although both Etruria and Bern offered him high-ranking positions in their courts, he never accepted any of them. Still, people always seemed to like him, and he left behind many legends during the course of his life.
... Huh.. >_> Well anyway...

Really liking this new Blazer, though it still doesn't seem like it gets as much horizontal as it did in Melee.. >_>; Maybe that's that momentum thing though.

Counter feels too powerful now. I'm managing KOs from weak N-airs and the like, and it's ridiculous..

Another thing I noticed.. His wait animation is (for me) doing nothing. Literally, he's just standing there in a cool pose not moving.. at all.. >_>;

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for that help, Magus :3

Another thing I noticed.. His wait animation is (for me) doing nothing. Literally, he's just standing there in a cool pose not moving.. at all.. >_>;

Due to my VAST inability to operate BrawlBox, I scrapped the old one I made and went
with only the first frame of it instead...

That floating issue REALLY messes up 99% of the animations I tried.
...That, and for some reason trying to change certain animations made him
spin around and rotate bizarrely.(It's like BB decides to take him by the hip bone
node and randomly spin him for whatever reason...Hence why the third down hit of
side B is currently Marth's still -_-)

I find the X and Y axis nodes aren't very helpful for me either.
I can try to pull him towards the ground, but when I do that, his animation
isn't staying in one place in BB like it should be.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Fixing the range on Roy's sword much like the way it was done in P:M requires redoing all attack animations so that Roy/Marth holds his sword properly. You're much better off using Marth:M's motionetc (always remembering to give credit to the team where due) and porting any of Roy's animations that aren't attacks and then remaking attack animations.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh. Nice to see a fresh new thread.
I assume you guys know that the counter constant can be modded to do 1.5 times the damage of the attack.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Someone gave counter a 20 angle which is pretty ridiculous. That would be why it seems so powerful with the knockback it had in melee. 35-40 would work better.
Is...That related to .pac or Fitmotion? As...
Fitmotion = me ._.'
.pac = the previous people who we "inherited" Roy from ^_^'

Fixing the range on Roy's sword much like the way it was done in P:M requires redoing all attack animations so that Roy/Marth holds his sword properly. You're much better off using Marth:M's motionetc (always remembering to give credit to the team where due) and porting any of Roy's animations that aren't attacks and then remaking attack animations.
Do you mean the current FitMotion file for P:M Marth?
I didn't really see any difference in the attacks other than Flare Blade/Shield Breaker, so
I assumed it was still in the works ^_^'

(Although, I did try to make him hold the sword correctly for the down tilt in BB...
...But then in-game his wrist would flit around all weird for the attacking frames and
the sword went in many many directions as opposed to staying true to the animation -_-)

Plus I tried using the P:M Marth's Fitmotion file as a base, and for some reason Roy's sword
trails were almost completely absent from his Side B ;_;

Oh. Nice to see a fresh new thread.
I assume you guys know that the counter constant can be modded to do 1.5 times the damage of the attack.
Just like in Melee? <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

EDIT:
Does anyone know how I can edit the topic title?
I wanna change it to show that we have a better Blazer now, but I can't
seem to edit it from my opening post ^_^'

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Do you mean the current FitMotion file for P:M Marth?
I didn't really see any difference in the attacks other than Flare Blade/Shield Breaker, so
I assumed it was still in the works ^_^'

(Although, I did try to make him hold the sword correctly for the down tilt in BB...
...But then in-game his wrist would flit around all weird for the attacking frames and
the sword went in many many directions as opposed to staying true to the animation -_-)

Plus I tried using the P:M Marth's Fitmotion file as a base, and for some reason Roy's sword
trails were almost completely absent from his Side B ;_;
http://projectm.smashmods.com/characters.php?character=marth

Yeah, it says he has a range boost, and also when I played he did seem to have that extra range.

>.> I'm not sure if that's in the pac or the fitmotion..

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Hrm...That's peculiar...

Given how it was mentioned a page ago that the animation edits are what gave him better range,
it would seem that his PSA wouldn't...Uhhh...Well, that it was his animations that give him better
range, given the way his attacking hitboxes are glued to his sword and all.

I made a gag Fitmotion file for Roy/Marth in my earlier days experimenting with BB animations, and
I did see that a few attacks have...Weird range for them. (Like replacing the neutral A attacks with
Marth's Aerial Brawl Shield Breaker, and the second attack being the same animation, but with the
sword blade partially detached and floating in front of the rest of his sword. That animation had
almost NO range at all...Still a fun Fitmotion I find. That Wait1 I made was very entertaining ^_^')

I'll be honest. I never tried the P:M Marth PSA, I just yanked his Fitmotion file and slapped it
on Roy to see if anything felt different...Also looking at a few of his attack animations in BB to see
if I could spot anything new.

Not to mention, using the Fitmotion from P:M Marth on this Roy removed the sword trails from his
side B...
...So I figure the sword trails are...PSA-editable/fixable.

Also, Marth/Roy's eye and mouth animations cannot be edited in BrawlBox as far as I know.
P:M's Marth, for example, doesn't open his mouth when charging Shield Breaker, Yet when I slap that
animation on the current Roy, it does, probably because of how Marth regularly does the same with
Brawl's Shield Breaker.
(Roy keeps his mouth and eyes closed when charging up Flare Blade in Melee.)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
GODDOMOT Thany we need a Clone Engine xD
Seriously though, I did try this out in B+ and P:M
He was quite fine actually, just needs some tweaking and how fast some moves are executed

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Glad you like it ^w^
(Even though aside from hunting around for help and doing a few animation, I'm
basically just "supervising" this project now)

And as for the Clone Engine, I seem to recall hearing that it will work for characters that
do not possess articles, Like Marth and Roy.

Sadly enough, Pichu/Pikachu, The Marios, Mewtwo and Lu(cario) and every Link are in
possession of articles(Usually projectiles. Oddly enough, Ike's Ragnell even counts, but considering
how articles are usually attacks that aren't attached to the character, it kinda makes sense) so,
it seems Roy is the only likely candidate to be separated from his Clone-buddy.

Makes me sad to think of the other 4 not able to come back on their own...But if I can at least
have Roy, it'll make a world of difference.(I don't wanna get rid of Marth as I think he's pretty
cool, but playing as him bores me. Hence why I'm gladly allowing Roy be in his stead for a while.

Plus Marth's gotta go save the world in FE3's DS remake. He doesn't have time to play SmashBros X3

EDIT:
Fitmotion update!
New taunts!

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Obligatory bump, as we now do have some new taunts.

Which are pretty cool. :3 Nice job on them. I do have some complaints though..

First off, they are slow.. I mean.. sloooow.. They last too long when compared to pretty much every other character's taunts, which yeah if you were to get some off then it'd be fine.. but at the moment, they just are far too long with no interrupt points.

Second, Marth's sound effects still play while he does his taunts.. which I'm not sure how to change when sound effects play during a move, but it's like: "Schwing!" when there's no need to or "schink-sword sheathed" when he never does so... <_<;

:3 Making good progress though!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
if you want to speed up an animation, remove frames that aren't needed or go to that taunt in PSA and add a frame speed mod of 1.2 or something

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Which are pretty cool. :3 Nice job on them. I do have some complaints though..

First off, they are slow.. I mean.. sloooow.. They last too long when compared to pretty much every other character's taunts, which yeah if you were to get some off then it'd be fine.. but at the moment, they just are far too long with no interrupt points.

Actually, the Up Taunt has 90 frames of animation, just like Marth's Up taunt.
The other two have 130 frames, matching I believe Marth's side Taunt.
However I think the Down Taunt is indeed longer than Marth's "Minna..." Taunt, but comparing them in Melee...Uh...It is a bit longer.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can walk out of the Down Taunt a few frames early...

Second, Marth's sound effects still play while he does his taunts.. which I'm not sure how to change when sound effects play during a move, but it's like: "Schwing!" when there's no need to or "schink-sword sheathed" when he never does so... <_<;

PSA. PSA. PSA.

Actually the side taunt was supposed to be sort of a reference to his attack in FE 6 with the Sword of Seals, and...Well, the idea was to have it catch on fire when above his head and the flames to dissipate he brings it down at the end.

if you want to speed up an animation, remove frames that aren't needed or go to that taunt in PSA and add a frame speed mod of 1.2 or something

I'll...Probably attempt to do the frame removing one. *knows nothing of PSA*
Not at this moment, but in the future.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
So what it's looking like is... We need someone that has done PSA before and is willing to help us out?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'll...Probably attempt to do the frame removing one. *knows nothing of PSA*
You're going to need PSA to change when attacks come out regardless.
And isn't it a bit silly to run a project when you don't know how to use the primary program required for constructing a character?

I'm not saying you shouldn't continue, but you should certainly learn how to do absurdly simple things in PSA such as editing hitbox timers and hitbox data.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
And isn't it a bit silly to run a project when you don't know how to use the primary program required for constructing a character?

I'm not saying you shouldn't continue, but you should certainly learn how to do absurdly simple things in PSA such as editing hitbox timers and hitbox data.
;_;
Be nice...It's my birthday and everything went wrong today... ;_; (28th, I mean...)

I did download the PSA program, but when I opened it up to look at the .pac, I...Couldn't
really understand anything I saw.(I tried other the other programs for making characters, too, but
I can't figure out how to make them work...)

I'm a visual learner, and I have comprehension issues as well, and all those words and numbers
just...Confused me. Not to mention, I've only learned what I have in Brawl Box because I saw a
video that explained some things. Reading is...Not exactly a strong suit of mine...
But with BB, I can clearly see stuff happening ^_^'

Plus I figure this could be re-invented as a team effort. I could try my best at getting better with
animations, we could have a competent PSA'r to help us...Y'know, more people ;_;

Do you know PSA, Mr.Shadic? We're kinda really hurting for help here ;_;
(Plus for the new moves, I thought that was just the Fitmotion file...I guess the PSA playing a part
would explain why P:M's Marth's Fitmotion made Roy's sword dance become trail-less...

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
;_;
Be nice...It's my birthday and everything went wrong today... ;_; (28th, I mean...)

I did download the PSA program, but when I opened it up to look at the .pac, I...Couldn't
really understand anything I saw.(I tried other the other programs for making characters, too, but
I can't figure out how to make them work...)

I'm a visual learner, and I have comprehension issues as well, and all those words and numbers
just...Confused me. Not to mention, I've only learned what I have in Brawl Box because I saw a
video that explained some things. Reading is...Not exactly a strong suit of mine...
But with BB, I can clearly see stuff happening ^_^'

Plus I figure this could be re-invented as a team effort. I could try my best at getting better with
animations, we could have a competent PSA'r to help us...Y'know, more people ;_;

Do you know PSA, Mr.Shadic? We're kinda really hurting for help here ;_;
(Plus for the new moves, I thought that was just the Fitmotion file...I guess the PSA playing a part
would explain why P:M's Marth's Fitmotion made Roy's sword dance become trail-less...
Said it was your 1028 so I assumed it was a fake date? Happy late birthday, Thany!

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Mr.Wolfric... :3
It was a horrible, miserable day...

Anyway, one MarioKingDS64 will be joining our merry little band soon to help with animations
once he finishes up A few things with Young Link. Yay~!

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Are there any vids of this .pac? I'd really like to see how Roy plays before I go all willy nilly downloading stuff.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Video time of the newest pacs? No, as none of us working on the project have a video capture card... that I know of. If anyone is willing to help us out and take some footage, upload it to the internet and whatnot, we'd be grateful.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Added the BSRAR to the opening page that has Roy's voice, character select, and crowd cheer replacing Marth's.

...And my animation work that I've been re-doing and re-doing and re-doing *crazy* ;_;

Anyone is welcome to attempt to fix these. The "Y" victory seems pretty okay though. The other two he's floating and standing at a weird angle ("X" victory) and the other he's...Facing the wrong way -_- ("B" victory)

Looks fine, no, awesome in BrawlBox, but in game...

Oh BrawlBox, you deceitful beast... -_-

Thany

Smash Journeyman
He told me he needs to get his capture card back from his friend. But then I suggested that he wait a bit anyways, until this little gem becomes complete :3

Top Bottom