• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lafayette Brawl ~ Lafayette, LA ~ 2/20/11

Curlz

Smash Lord
This tournament was actually VERY funny on how it happened.

ChKn, Nickels, and I went meet up for some smash practice for next weekend (February Fight Fest) around 2pm today and when we got there, there were about 4-5 kids that were playing smash in the "tournament room". We asked what was going on and they said there was a tournament that day.

I called up Blaise and Oathkeeper and they showed up as well as FPDav. We were playing friendlies/warm ups and around the time signups started, the kids left because, I'm assuming, we were "too good", lol.

There were only 6 total entrants after the kids left and it was only the locals that you all know from Lafayette that stayed to enter.

Lafayette Brawl
February 20, 2011

Singles
$10 Entry
6 Entrants
Double Elemination
Bracket: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/EeveeEvolution/LafayetteBrawl.jpg

1. Blaise $30 :metaknight: / :ike: / :sheik: / :mario2:
1. ChKn $30 :metaknight: / :ike: / :olimar:
3. Oathkeeper :pit:
4. FPDav :dk2: / :falcon: / :falco:
5. Nickels :lucario: / :olimar: / :gw: / :sonic:
6. Curlz :snake: / :metaknight: / :falco: / :kirby2:

Doubles
$20/team
3 Teams
Round Robin
Bracket: TBA

1. Curlz :metaknight: + Nickels :lucario: $60
2. ChKn :metaknight: + Oathkeeper :pit:
3. Blaise :snake: / :ganondorf: + FPDav :dk2: / :falcon: / :marth:

Curlz

Smash Lord
I lost to Nickels first round and then lost to Blaise in Losers and then Nickels beat me AGAIN in consolation for 5th.

Even though he came in just one place above me, Nickels really stepped it up today. He beat Blaise in a $2 MM before the tourny and took everyone he played in bracket to the third game, close matches.

He brought back our team matches too (Anubis ftw!)

This tourny was all kinds of ****ed up. xD

Edit: Whoops, forgot to put that Blaise played MK as well.

Top Bottom