• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get rid of BSL.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've been doing something fairly often recently to avoid landing penalty, also known as Bull****Lag. It's actually fairly simply and here is what you do.

At higher/mid percents Wolf (And generally everyone) is sent flying when hit with something. When you DI correctly (Up) you are sent into the upper corner. If you B-reversal a laser and don't use your jump then you can just grab the edge safely or jump on stage without using Up b or Side b.

If you ledge plank laser then you'll lag, but that is your choice lol...

I want to see more Wolf's doing this. I think Pane even started doing it too after watching me. During all matches at Pound 5 I utilized this and it has improved my spacing/safety game dramatically.

I can now b-reversal aerial and grounded laser 99% of the time.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
when you tele step, the one that makes you bounce off the ledge and get your 2nd jump back (that is it right? o_O) do you suffer from BSL? when i do it and i land on the stage wolf kinda stumbles it looks like and there's a period of time when you can't do anything, thats BSL?
can you cancel it by landing with an aerial?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
when you tele step, the one that makes you bounce off the ledge and get your 2nd jump back (that is it right? o_O) do you suffer from BSL? when i do it and i land on the stage wolf kinda stumbles it looks like and there's a period of time when you can't do anything, thats BSL?
can you cancel it by landing with an aerial?
You can cancel it with an aerial. This is actually the main reason I hate telestepping and don't like to implement it. Because you're willingly giving yourself landing penalty. At least ledge plank laser has a better purpose. Telestepping on purpose I don't like to do.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
You can cancel it with an aerial. This is actually the main reason I hate telestepping and don't like to implement it. Because you're willingly giving yourself landing penalty. At least ledge plank laser has a better purpose. Telestepping on purpose I don't like to do.

i'm gonna assume you meant you "can't" cancel it
well that sucks then, BSL really is bull **** -_-
and tele stepping is so fun :(

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i'm gonna assume you meant you "can't" cancel it
well that sucks then, BSL really is bull **** -_-
and tele stepping is so fun :(
No, I meant can. You can cancel it with an aerial, but if you land with a b move or regularly then you're gonna lag.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
oh ok, i usually try to only do it when i can land an attack, not to just goof off so it shouldnt hurt me too much

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
B reverse laser actually makes you survive longer than normal

Top Bottom