• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Project M Tournament Results - All tournament videos are up!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tournament videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007

There were a total of 41 entrants (though a couple had to be DQed due to time constraints), and overall the tournament ran pretty smoothly and the game got a great reception in general from the people who were willing to try it out. Thanks especially to Plank, HAT, cmart, Thunderhorse, and Strong Bad for helping me out. Without you guys this tournament wouldn't have been possible.

Anyway, on to the results! Let me know if I got a character wrong.

Results:
1: Vanz :fox:
2: RyokoYaksa :sheilda:
3: Lain :marth:
4: Rayku :sheik:
5: HAT :falcon:
5: JCaesar :mario2::snake:
7: Thunderhorse :falco:
7: Vist :fox:
9: Amsah (DQ'd) :falco:
9: GuruKid :lucas:
9: Hyuga :gw:
9: Dart! (DQ'd) :marth:
13: ChRed2AKrisp :link2:
13: Voodoo (DQ'd) :ganondorf:
13: MilkMan :falco:
13: Big Black **** Master (aka Laijin) :sheik:
17: Phish-it :gw::ganondorf:
17: Yo :fox:
17: Shroomed :sonic:
17: Ebo
17: Caboose :ganondorf::falcon:
17: cmart :gw:
17: CTL :jigglypuff::lucas::falcon:
17: GHNeko :sonic::marth::mario2:
25: Honda Foo :zelda::marth:
25: Action *******
25: RockCrock :sonic:
25: Bertin
25: ChiboSempai :sonic:
25: Fino :snake:
25: J666 :jigglypuff:
25: Wave Kusanagi :falcon:
33: toasty :lucas:
33: GodsLAFCO
33: UltimaScout (DQ'd)
33: Mister Eric
33: Strong Bad :fox::marth:
33: Radian
33: ajigga :falcon:
49: Soul (DQ'd)
49: BigWenz :mario2:

Bracket:

Some people got bracket-***** (Strong Bad for instance) and for that I apologize. Both of the people who SB lost to were top players who had to be seeded randomly because they joined after the bracket was already well underway. My own placing is a bit inflated because I got lucky against Laijin and then had to DQ Amsah after waiting for him for 2 hours (he didn't seem too enthused about the game anyway). That, along with it being really difficult to seed by skill in a brand new game.

Anyway, videos will be up sometime this week hopefully! Stay tuned.

btw, if you participated in this tournament, we'd really appreciate it if you could fill out this survey, created by kirbykid to track the Project M metagame: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGhyOFB4MU1PdjlGb29rZk1yYVU1a1E6MQ

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sneak didn't enter and the other good P:M Snakes all live in CA and didn't make it.

cmart

Smash Lord
lolz I went entirely GaW - too scared to play Puff after I got ***** in melee. Wish we could've got a few more players to enter but it seemed that competing w/ the melee was too hard. Still was a lot of fun

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Amsah doesn't like P:M? That's too bad - I seem to remember him posting really enthusiastically about it before.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^^ Pretty much that. He was gone for like two hours and really holding up the bracket. I had no choice.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
(this is Caboose)
yea i only played falcon my very first match then switched and stayed

in total agreement with toasty this was SO fun - even just playing it for the very first time. its a shame i encountered only people who'd played the game at least a few times before XD
i have really high hopes for this game, keep up the good work!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I feel that Link is better than these results are showing...
I wish that I could have come, all my friends tried it, realized it wasn't yet exactly like Melee, and went back to Melee, ***holes...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lmao i got *****

i was doing so good on sat night, just wasn't feelin it onsunday
YOUR JOHNS ARE DELICIOUS.

GET OUT PLACED.

Also, SB wasnt the only one who get bracket ***** loool

I was lucky enough to play Amsah before he vanished and than VaNz in losers LOOOL.

Also, JCz. I used Marth, Mario, and Sonic.

GGs to everyone tho. Had mad fun. Learned new things. Stepped my game up. etc etc.

Just next time, give me an easy bracket like ThunderHorse's

~GHNeko

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
more importantly, how was the reception, the crowd? Do you think this will go the way of B+ or be destined for something more?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Was definitely a lot more than 40 trying out and playing the game. Received almost universal praise from people I played with.

A lot of "what the?" and "woooow" being initially said regarding certain changes, but once the mechanics were explained more to the players, reception grew much more positive.

Great tournament, would have gotten a lot more for sure had it not clashed with Melee pools.

Eagerly awaiting the next major tournament already :p Gonna be putting my Lucas through some of that Hyperbolic Time Chamber training.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Don't forget to take the Project M-etagame Survey. This is very important. I have a few results, but I need a lot more.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGhyOFB4MU1PdjlGb29rZk1yYVU1a1E6MQ#gid=0
If you participated in this tournament, please fill out this survey!

So fox is top tier? lol.. j/k
He's virtually unchanged from Melee so yeah, not surprising.

The fact that a character like Zelda can compete with Melee Fox (GFs came down to last match last stock) should say something though.

Not to mention the fact that Vanz was undoubtedly the best Melee player in the P:M tourney who didn't get DQ'd. That certainly should have a major bearing on his placement.

YOUR JOHNS ARE DELICIOUS.

GET OUT PLACED.

Also, SB wasnt the only one who get bracket ***** loool

I was lucky enough to play Amsah before he vanished and than VaNz in losers LOOOL.
Ouch yeah haha

Also, JCz. I used Marth, Mario, and Sonic.
Did you win matches with all of them? If you didn't, they don't really count...

Just next time, give me an easy bracket like ThunderHorse's

~GHNeko
TH beat Hyuga AND GuruKid. Step YOUR game up sir :p

more importantly, how was the reception, the crowd? Do you think this will go the way of B+ or be destined for something more?
Overwhelmingly positive from the people who actually tried it out. There were snarky comments about how it "looks nothing like Melee" from random passerbys, but almost everyone who actually played it only had very minor issues with it.

I used GW not Sonic.

Everything looked really polished, good job guys.
Thanks! Good to see that a G&W made top 10. I pretty much designed G&W myself, so I'd love to hear what you thought about him. If you could give your input either in the Project M thread or the G&W:M board on smashmods, we'd really appreciate it!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Your lucas is soooo annoying btw. <3

I used GW not Sonic.

Everything looked really polished, good job guys.
It was amazing playing you, though I had this really depressing feeling I never got to play you seriously. ;_;

Dart beat vanz but got dq'd next round for playing melee pools.
<3333333

Lol yeah in a demo for the game where only 1/3rd -1/4th the cast is playable Fox might be the dern best.
Too bad Shelda > Fox

CTL17

Smash Lord
Melee top tiers are right now seemingly the best because people already know how to play them and use their most effective strategies. The other characters still need a lot of exploring. But I will say that the melee top tiers are easier to play since everything seems to autocombo (Sheik!).

Top Bottom