• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit and luigi in dubz

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi boards, im conducting research with other character boards who i believe would be a great dubz character for pit. please post ur thoughts and opinions as this will help me pick a dubz partner boost both chars dubz potential. i will post my thoughts on team potential and such later as i got to go to bed so please discuss ur thoughts here as i know there is hella potential here

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I use to main Luigi, so I know a lot about him, but unfortunately I do not have any experiences with Pit in doubles.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i'm keeping an eye on these threads. Thanks for taking the initiative maharba.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I'll list a few of the pros of Luigi in doubles

Pros:
Amazing kill power. Fsmash, Up'B, Nair. Misfire even. They're also much easier to hit in doubles as the opponents aren't using 100% of their attention to avoid them. I remember some games I played I just randomly ran away from the guy I was fighting and up'b the guy my partner was fighting.
Can stock tank pretty well with his good recovery, its predictable, but thats what the partner is for
Has a projectiles
If your partner gets a grab near you, you can net an easy kill at 40-50% with UpB.
His Nair hits you straight up, so if you're in trouble he can dive off stage and just nair you.

If Pit can get Luigi inside, he'll wreck em. Luigi doesn't really have a hard time killing, or racking up damage, but he does have trouble getting into range.

Cons:
Luigi is floaty as hell, he'll probably get in your way if you're trying to camp.
His projectile kinda sucks, so he won't be able to camp effectively with you.
Has a BAD MU against MK, and once hes off the stage you're going to need to save him or MK's going to take that stock so easy.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thank you. now i have something to work with

due to pit being a superior stock tank to almost anyone (that arrow planking 2 good), the both of them will live a long time then.

since weegee is fast and is one of the priority monsters he can effectively 2v1 while pit planks arrows and super stock tanks for weegee. the arrows mess the opponent up and stop them from being able to get you. (referance esca and illmatic to see what im talking about)

since pit's should have good arrow control, your floatiness should not get in our way

pit's dair sends people up also so he save you too.

pit can launch luigi over a quarter of the distance final destination with just one wind push from WOI (talk about abusing ****y traction lol) so getting weegee inside while he is charging a smash or green missle is no prob. plus while you slide you have arrow cover as well.

as for helping with mk pit is perfectly capable of fighting the mk it's just a slow process.

what else can you come up with now that we got some more info.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i've mentioned it before. however since these boards like never post i figured i would repost all the options i knew of in case some of you didn't know that. plus i want all my info per team in one place so that i can referance it faster.

so anyone got any imput now that we have some options on the table? i mean seriously the other boards are being way more responsive (juxtapose aside). please can i at least get some theory craft on your guys' side? mayb list the stages you benefit most from and why so i can find ways for pit to help you excell even more as pit would definately be playing the roll of the support character.

and as stages go could you guys tell me what you specifically think of halberd as a cp for this team? i know weegee kills stupid low here and this is like pit's best stage especially as a support character.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i was just thinking of this because there is a pit in my area and he real good so im thinking how would weegee and pit stand against the gay teams i would like to try this but i want to know how the team would work out wat to do,wat not to do and good kill set-ups and wat stages to play on. this is good to discuss letsa go!

PsY^

Smash Rookie
IMO I'm a Luigimainer and Halberd is a must, however DP could be usefull though. But I would recommend Halberd for sure.

A tip for luigimainers: Because Luigi is so floathy and his 'fastfall' isnt that fast try to approach the ground with down b since its very unpredictable, and outside the field a killer against chars like mario and fox.

I should say that down b gives u loads more chance against long range players like Snake or Ike, so try to get that down B down.

Also another great working combo for example on meta is:
3x uptilt -> pivotgrab since meta knight is floating at a height at the third tilt that his dair misses and you'll have a 40% combo in no time :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh good you guys are gonna talk this with me! :):):) my friend in cali is a weegee main and we did doubles every so often so i know a little bit about the team. unfortunately we never did dubz more than once in tourney so it's not like i have a lot of experiance. just a little

a great kill set up i know of is your guys dthrow>pit's bair. seriously that move fresh ****s up people at like 90%-120% based on weight.

another good set up is our dthrow into your guys' aerial shoryuken. hell any grab>shoryuken just about.

also while this is unlikely unless we are 2v1-ing some1, your dthrow>pit footstool>fireball lock. and if pit goes on their other side he can wingdash in place and make it an infinite lock. and thus mega kill combos from that of course.

general strategy i would say is pit stock tanks for weegee with hard core camping while weegee 2v1s. since you have so much priority and fast attacks attacks and pit's arrows just screw the opponents ability to fight up hard, it works very well. just watch esca with illmatic's peach. also any pit that matters will not hit you with arrows hardly ever. wat you must do is keep track of wat/who we aim at so you can take advantage of the arrow hit stun.

so now that ive put out more on the board, wat else you guys got for me? oh and thank you for participating

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
If the grabber is in the higher port (4), grab > shoryuken is safe, I think. I don't remember the results, but I remember testing it out.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I use to team with a top luigi. And all i have to say is it's a god dam sexy team. We can set up for fire punches so well(not as well as d3 but still really well) with our WoI arrow pressure side b and we can bthrow to his fsmash jab to his upB/fsmash and luigi is a decent planker like we are as well and we can save him as well. A pretty good team.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
i was just thinking of this because there is a pit in my area and he real good so im thinking how would weegee and pit stand against the gay teams i would like to try this but i want to know how the team would work out wat to do,wat not to do and good kill set-ups and wat stages to play on. this is good to discuss letsa go!
Who is he? :awesome:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so are you guys ever gonna make any more legit posts? so far from the luigi side i count....2. weren't you guys complaining in your social thread hella days ago that no-one from the other boards wanted to talk doubles? i can't go off of just my theory craft and 2 legit posts. give me something to work with even if it's just theory craft on your guys' part. hell get stage specific if you want

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
We cant give up hope, just cause there is MK around does not mean we have to stop playing Luigi all togther :(

as far as Pit-Luigi team goes, we have the DPS for sure, we can get early kills with Shoryuken setups, but stock tanking is a bit of a problem, and neither character has any real stage control imo. So i dont see this team working our in high level play

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
We cant give up hope, just cause there is MK around does not mean we have to stop playing Luigi all togther :(

as far as Pit-Luigi team goes, we have the DPS for sure, we can get early kills with Shoryuken setups, but stock tanking is a bit of a problem, and neither character has any real stage control imo. So i dont see this team working our in high level play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDg-kwBpoRc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsjxGc1Kwks&feature=related

pit can stock tank just fine. weegee (iirc) is great at 2v1. probably better than peach. this should work great in high level play man

Top Bottom