• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit and lucario in dubz

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi boards, im conducting research with other character boards who i believe would be a great dubz character for pit. please post ur thoughts and opinions as this will help me pick a dubz partner boost both chars dubz potential. here is what i see from this team.

pros:

since you guys thrive off less lives and damage, you only benfit having pit as he can stock tank super well.

as pit planks arrows from the ledge this allows you effectively abuse your range and power while always having your back covered.

a good suprise kill tactic is when opponents dodge your aura sphere only to get hit by it from behind since pit can reflect the whiffs and make it more deadly

kill power would not be a problem at all thanks to the mechanics of stock in doubles with lucario

pit's move set in general set up for kills for your aura sphere, fsmash, usmash, and such

pit can wingdash a smash charging lucario towards the opponent as mindgame-age.

pit's arrows give you your recovery back so as long as pit is accurate, your safe off stage for the most part

please provide all the tactics and benefits you see coming from this team as well as it's short comings. thank you lucario boards :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah Pit + Lucario is pretty good. Lee Martin said when he used Lucario w/ Esca he ***** teams that weren't double MK. arrows help lucario land heavy hard hitting moves if the pit's good at aiming and adds pressure. Probably 3rd best Anubis-oriented strat and overall 4/5th best teammate for lucario (behind MK, G&W, and Wario).

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
stay away from the fighting [don't necessarily have to plank].

shoot arrows.

let lucario do his thing.

kinda loses to more mobile character teams [double mk, mk g&w, mk wario, g&w wario etc] but is a niche option as far as anubis strat goes.

it can work without the anubis but of course, lucario should die 1st to get a somewhat power boost as far as times to kill go.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wat is the anubis strategy?

and wat else can you guys come up with? hell talk cp stages if you for all i care because all this info is going to go towards my whobo doubles team and just overall into the pit database.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
WHY IS THEIR SO MANY PIT AND ??? DUBZ

what is a dub is it teams?

anyway the bess would be pit n falco lol chaing grab n spam and all that other stuff....

Lucario could throw the aura and pit can reflect it which will make it strounger then lucario grabs the dude and BAM he dead manng

culexus・wau

Do a little research on your own.

You're the one coming out to ask us for information.

You should be lucky we're giving you information in the 1st place.

for further reference.

anubis is setting up the 1 stock lucario and 3 stocks team partner so lucario receives a massive boost in power and knockback.

best stages would prob be neutrals.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey guys sorry about abel. for some reason he feels the need to troll all my threads... it's really annoying. and i really do appreciate your guys' imput so don't let trolls discourage you from posting. please please please don't let it stop your posts. im putting a lot of work between the threads and this 1 is one that i think is a top 4 doubles team for pit.

oh so basically anubis is cario suicide's beginning of match twice for a major boost huh. that would be perfect with pit as your guys' stock tank! and so neutrals would be best you guys think. ill add this to my data section for sure. what do you guys think about stages like delphino and halberd? i only ask because pit really excells at these stages as well as neutrals and they have smaller blast zone's so your anubis strategy is could be majorly epic here.

also pit's who are good with their arrow game can save you guys from dying if you whiff an ES i know.

any other imput for me?

culexus・wau

no no no no no no running off the stage twice is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

well maybe once, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe but I rather deal damage with my stock instead of waste it stupidly.

you generally just want the stock tank playing safe.

and the lucario just 2 v 1ing.

generally getting a nearly unscathed stock tank [0-50% 1st stock] and a 2nd stock mid % lucario means you're almost guranteed to set it up correctly.

delfino is fine.

halberd could be fine... but its a personal preference of mine to not play on that stage so idunno.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh i got ya. wow totally misunderstood that one lol. i thought it would be strange to want to be 2 stocks down in case of a mistake but i was like "hey i guess they know what they're doing". now i get it lol (smacks head at stupidity).

anyways that is good that delphino is fine because if that's the case we wouldn't neccessarily need to go to halberd. however do its low blast zones i would think lucario would be getting kills stupid early with that usmash. and you would definately be able to land it with pit making chaos for your opponents. so consider it something you might wanna practice especially if it is against light weights like peach, kirby, olimar, etc.

now on to specific tactics. obviously the anubis tactic is going to be the main basis for all other tactics suggested but lets say after you (the lucario) feels the need to pull back a bit so as to hold on to a stock or keep at a certain percent area. pit can do 2v1 just fine as long as the character backing him up is good at punishing people when he creates openings in his opponents. how would you guys say you do overall when it comes time to switch the offense and the support?

also talk about double camping one side of the stage (king of the hill strategy). since pit can air camp arrows over lucario and can shoot under him in the air how do you guys think that would play out for this team?

Top Bottom