• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Smash Showdown - CoT5 Combo Giveaway! $100 POT BONUS & PRIZE! LIVESTREAM

GTA Smash Co.

Smash Rookie
Spring Smash Showdown

vvv Livestream vvv

http://www.eschamp.com/esctv

We just keep bringing them, and you guys keep loving them, GTA Smash Co. back at it just in time for Spring. Best listen to your momma, clean your home, do your laundry and get your *** ready for what is always expected to be hype. Project Melee enters as one of our events so be sure to polish them skills and take down our current Champ Jack!

Not only do we have a CoT5 prize giveaway, we now have our first sponsored tournament here in GTA!! Omega Collectables, whom have sponsored for SSFIV and MvC3 tournaments, has decided to share the love with the Smash community. They will be selling games and gaming collectibles which are pretty neat so check them out: Amongst the items being the sought after Nintendo white controllers (*may or may not have in stock). BRING MONEY, you never know in what you'll be interested in.

Check out Their online shop: http://www.omegacollectables.com/?sck=23709067

Also, there will be a raffle, so please check back regularly for further details.

Pot Bonus consists of said sponsors
Omega Collectables: $50 and a yet to be mentioned prize
Gichan: $50

Saturday, March 26th, 2011.
Sala Caboto
40 Playfair ave
Toronto, Ontario

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10
Project : Melee : $2

Payout:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

Pot bonus distributed for singles pot:
1st. $60
2nd. $30
3rd. $10

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Project Melee:
Pot distribution dependent on number of entrants

Schedule: (will get updated)
Door open at 10am
Reg at 10:30am-11am
11:30am Events Start
10:00pm expected closing/cleanup

Food:

At Dufferin and Lawrence there are numerous options for food. There is a McDonalds, a Burger King, a Harveys, and a Wendys on the east side of Lawrence. There's a gas station for your energy drinks and munchies.

Down Dufferin there is a Mr. Sub. There is also a Dairy Queen nearby on playfair/dufferin

Directions from TTC transit:

If taking the TTC Subway go to Lawrence Ave West station and take the 52 Lawrence and get off at Dufferin and Lawrence. You can either walk down 5 mins to Playfair ave or take the bus down Dufferin like a lazy ******* and waste your time. When you arrive to Playfair walk all the way to the building but do not enter main entrance but rather walk just a bit more past the windows to the Sala Caboto entrance.

For driving:

google maps people.

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by the G&W hammer rule.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-1-2-2-2-1 fashion**
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If there is a dispute, the striking order will be decided with the G&W hammer rule.

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege

Stages for Counter pick:
* Delfino
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to decide their team or individual color 1st as well as whether they would like port priority or whether they would like to choose the stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved. The losing party receives the benefit the winning party didn't want. In 1v1, the person who obtained the privilege of port priority will choose their ports 1st. In a 2v2, the party with port priority will have 1 member pick a port 1st and the 2nd member pick a port after both members of the other party have selected their ports.

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green (inside venue)
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies and MMs. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Amateur Bracket

This will only happen if we have at least 10 full setups for brawl at this tournament. If not, then this event will absolutely not run.

The Amateur bracket is a bracket for players who were not successful enough in pools to make the Pro bracket. This event allows players to continue their tournament experience even after they have been eliminated from pools. The requirements to enter the Amateur bracket are as follows:

1. You must be eliminated from pools, therefore not qualifying for the Pro bracket
2. You Must pay a $5 entry fee that will go towards the Amateur bracket pot.

The Payout of the Amateur bracket will be 60/30/10.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292146

Spring Smash Showdown and CoT5 have joined forces!

Get ready for some intense Brawl competition, because Canada and CoT5 are teaming up to bring you a special promotion at SSS! The highest placing Canadian player in Brawl Singles at Spring Smash Showdown will receive a free CoT5 Combo Pass! This combo pass gives the player free venue, singles, and doubles (their share of the team) for Clash of the Titans 5 on June 25th and 26th in Philadelphia, PA.

There will be a CoT5 Combo Giveaway in several areas throughout the nation, so everyone has a chance to win it in their home region.

Project: Melee

4 stock
8 minutes
Matches are best of 3
Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are best of 5
First game of each set will be played on a randomly selected stage

Neutrals:
Temple: M
Skyworld
Lylat
Metal Carvern (singles only)
Yoshi's Island
Rumble falls
WarioWare
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick:
Rainbow Cruise
Port Town
Brinstar
Frigate
Pictochat
Halberd
SSE: Jungle
Saffron City

Banned:
Pirate Ship
Delfino
Fourside
Onett
Castle Siege
Corneria
75 m
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Japes

Staff:
Gta Smash Co.

Wii + Brawl:
Gi x1
Tin Man x2
Fuddo x1
Supreme Dirt x1
Patches x2
HrcPoke x1
Skyler Silver x1
Riddlebox x1
Mprime x1
Raidos x1
Phiddlesticks x1
Looftwaffles x1

Total Wii's + Brawl: 14

T.Vs:
Gi x2
Sala Caboto x1
Patches x3 (maybe 4)
HrcPoke x1
Tin Man x1
Riddlebox x2
Mprime x1
Raidos x1
Phiddlesticks x1
Ambrose x1 (Brawl)
Ambrose x1 (PM only)

Total TV's: 14 (15) / PM: 1

SD Cards:
Tin Man x2
Patches x4
Skyler Silver x1
Fuddo x1
Supreme Dirt x1
Mprime x1
Raidos x1
Phiddlesticks x1
Looftwaffles x1
Kongmetal x2

Total SD Cards: 17

Powerbars:
Gi x1
Sala Caboto x4 + many extensions

Recording Stations:

Epicness:

Projector

Attendance List:
1. Gichan
2. Tin Man
3. Ambrose
4. cMeDu
5. Han
6. Supreme Dirt
7. Looftwaffles
8. Hype
9. Fuddo
10. Here rests a cemetery (maybe)
11. Holy Nightmare
12. Javon
13. Patches
14. Fishy
15. Leafshadow
16. RayKalm (maybe)
17. XP (maybe)
18. JMo
19. Tdawg
20. Ally
21. Mprime
22. HrcPoke
23. Socastar
24. Dan-Da-Man
25. MeekSpeedy
26. Patches +1
27. Patches +2
28. Phil (King Ace)
29. J.L.
30. Raidos
31. Phiddlesticks
32. Iliad
33. Culex
34. Jasuke
35. Toronto Joe
36. Kongmetal
37. Riddlebox
38. NekoNekoXD
39. Cura
40. Sauc3
41. Peachy-Desu
42. hell-dew

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
I swear you've said that 3 times lol...

I wonder who's coming to this tourney :3

Time to practice! :D
without a wii :p

Barrier

Smash Cadet
Refering to Project Melee?
Both. If enough people join the Project Melee tournament, entrants might possibly play Melee too.

And I'll be bringing a setup for Melee if nobody else volunteers. Or I just won't go if not enough interest is garnered.

Barrier

Smash Cadet
^

> Mario
> Sonic
> Snake
> Sheik
> Zelda
> Mr. Game & Watch
> Lucas
> Captain Falcon
> Jigglypuff
> Marth
> Falco
> Fox
> Link
> Ganondorf

And it's a demo until further notice, last time I checked.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Both. If enough people join the Project Melee tournament, entrants might possibly play Melee too.

And I'll be bringing a setup for Melee if nobody else volunteers. Or I just won't go if not enough interest is garnered.
Since theres no melee tournament, brawl setups > melee setups. You can bring ur Cube/Wii and melee but no guarantees it will get the light of day is all I'm saying.

Gichan

Smash Champion
if melee community brings a tv they can use it for melee. We use to do it, we can do it again. Just can't use brawl tvs casue we most likely won't even have any.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
^

> Mario
> Sonic
> Snake
> Sheik
> Zelda
> Mr. Game & Watch
> Lucas
> Captain Falcon
> Jigglypuff
> Marth
> Falco
> Fox
> Link
> Ganondorf

And it's a demo until further notice, last time I checked.
Bah, no Pit or ZSS. Thanks for clarifying though.

I might still show up if interest in Melee picks up. No promises.

Patches

Smash Master
Confirm Fishy and I for Brawl and P:M.
I'll bring my laptop, plus hacked brawl. And if needed, I can swap it out for P:M.

and I'll try for a tv as well.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bah, no Pit or ZSS. Thanks for clarifying though.

I might still show up if interest in Melee picks up. No promises.
They haven't really started work on either character.

Also, I hope there are pools, I really need MU experience.

Gichan

Smash Champion
pools depends on community's effort. If we have many tvs, then yes there will be pools, if not it will be straight brackets like at OPC.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nonetheless, almost nothing has been done to either. Just stating the fact.

Also, I'll be going GaW.

Patches

Smash Master
Also, I'm not sure if I'm gonna do doubles yet, but if I am, anyone interested?

edit @Dirt: I might want to MM you in a ditto, even though I absolutely HATE dittos. Rep GaW hard, don't let me down mang.

Barrier

Smash Cadet
Don't think many Melee players will come to play friendlies. I'll just get games off various people at the venue.

Barrier

Smash Cadet
Melee or Project Melee money matches you'd like confirmed?

Friendlies work too. I hope people want to play Melee for a bit as well, would motivate me to come a lot more.

TL;DR: two birds with one stone.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Depending on if I can get a ride, I'll have a tv. I still haven't asked my parents, lol. I'll definitely have a wii + brawl.

Top Bottom