• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAS: So Lovely 2/26/11 Results Thread

Kirk

Smash Champion
MAS: So Lovely Results
Tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296970

Putting up the results because people like results. I GUESS.

Brawl Doubles - 7 Teams

1: the bear train boys. feat. rusty conductor (sago & kain) ($42.00)
2: big guy and fat boy (fatboy & grimace) ($21.00)
3: kirk & dla ($7.00)
4: scythe & norm
5: hunger & ewok
5: rika and the HUPS "featuring douchecube" (kappy & zwarm)
7: sponge jordan & brox (sponge jordan & keninispam)

Bracket:

Brawl Singles - 17 Entrants

1: kain ($102.00) :wolf:
2: Hunger ($51.00) :wario:
3: Sago ($17.00) :metaknight:
4: fatboy :metaknight:
5: Grimace :snake:
5: kirk :olimar: :ike:
7: DLA :ganondorf: :metaknight:
7: Kappy :kirby2:
9: Zwarm :peach:
9: Brox :sheik: :metaknight:
9: Chompy :diddy:
9: Moozle :peach:
13: Bob :metaknight: :marth:
13: Norm :lucario:
13: Scythe :lucario:
13: Spongejordan :lucas:
17: Dietz :luigi2:

Bracket:

Melee Singles - 8 Entrants

1: Scythe ($24.00)
2: Zauq ($12.00)
3: Oro ($4.00)
4: Sago
5: Hunger
5: the Good Doctor
7: Grimace
7: Norm

Bracket:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 9 Entrants

1: devildigimon ($31.50) - Wesker/Dr. Doom/Magneto
2: kain ($9.00) - Taskmaster/Dante/Iron Man
3: fatboy ($4.50) - Arthur/Dr. Doom/Sentinel
4: kirk - X-23/Chun Li/Trish
5: koose - Tron Bonne/Storm/Sentinel
5: spongejordan - Wesker/Morrigan/C. Viper
7: jfransisco - Chris/Storm/Dante
7: zwarm - Dormammu/Hsien-ko/Morrigan
9: mr. zekman

Bracket:

I'll update the results with any additions/corrections to characters if you guys would care to enlighten me.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Full characters just cuz. :)

1: Kain ($102.00) :wolf:
2: Hunger ($51.00) :wario:
3: Sago ($17.00) :metaknight:
4: Fatboy :metaknight:
5: Grimace :snake:
5: Kirk :olimar: :ike:
7: DLA :ganondorf: :metaknight:
7: Kappy :kirby2:
9: Zwarm :peach:
9: Brox (Kennispam) :sheik: :metaknight:
9: Chompy :diddy:
9: Moozle :peach:
13: Bob :metaknight: :marth:
13: Norm :lucario:
13: Scythe :lucario:
13: Spongejordan :lucas:
17: Dietz :luigi2:

I used Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Morrigan in MvC3 if you wanna add that in. :awesome:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I didn't win a match with :metaknight: so I'm just :ganondorf: this tournament.

Fun tournament for sure, thanks for hosting Webster. Please don't make it mid/low tier only next tournament though, it'll make it a lot less hype and people won't show up. You know it's true when a Ganon main asks you not to do a low/mid tier only tournament lol.

Shoutouts later maybe...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
DLA: Well Technically I wasn't even going to run a tournament in March because I'm scheduled to work 3 weekends out of the month. And the weekend of the 12th I'm going to Iowa for a tournament. So if I were to take off work to run an event (which I'll find out tomorrow if I can), I would like for it to be a fun event we've never tried.

So if people don't want to participate in a low tier only event for Smash...that's fine. We'll be back on track in April for a pretty BIG EVENT you DON'T wanna miss.

:)

Kirk: jfransisco played chris/storm/dante in MvC3

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Diego and our hyped Melee sets. Also for stopping Chris from winning, but I woulda tapped dat *** too.

1: Scythe(Lost to Orly) :fox::falco::sheik::marth::falcon:- Our sets are getting closer and closer, but the counterpicks we do really goes back and forth.
2: Zauq (Orly)(lost to Scythe x2):falcon::marth:- Did you really enter as that Chris? lol. Told you that you wouldn't win here. :p
3: Oro(lost to scythe x2):falcon::marth::falco:-Pretty good for being sick.
4: Sago-:sheik::falco::marth:-My god you are so greasy. I am legit scared every tournament because of you now lol. Soon I will just have to go all Falco on you.
5: Hunger-Now that you are back(or almost there) in the brawl groove you can get some practice in with the real game. ;)
5: the Good Doctor- Your Doc has got a lot better and it frustrated me at first in our set. :)
7: Grimace-Dat Falcon. So good at the ditto!
7: Norm-Play moar 64. :) Gio gonna get ***** son.

Was not feeling nearly well enough to enter Brawl singles. Sorry to anyone I was non-sociable or w/e around because I was sick. Doubly sorry if I got anyone sick. :(

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Kain doing work as usual

Also he should've won mvc3 lmfao
I need to put in work on how to switch which way I block against Wesker when he teleports. Webster put in work on me with that guy!! Wesker more broken than Sentinel IMO LOL I'm jk was mad fun tho MvC3 is so fun

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
1: kain ($102.00) :wolf: Mega Shout-out: Dude, once I pierce that incredible Taskmaster, the rest of your team just falls.

It's the losing all 3 characters to Taskmaster thing due to being over-aggro that really ****ed me up :p I don't even know his moveset other than "shoot arrows." Its like, a rope swing? Where the hell does that rope connect to? Second game I finally made progress and just made your Dante end, but damn, Taskmaster is a beast.

I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS, next time Taskmaster isn't going to even happen. Imagine as if that character was simply removed from your team randomly, because that's whats up.

OH, and I'm going to learn actual character specific combos, I mean it. AND THEN I'll be taking it all.

2: Hunger ($51.00) :wario: Good job ****in' up Kennispam ;) You're also hillariously atrocious at air hockey. I've never seen someone get scored on that many times in that short of time, including on themselves, thats some awe inspiring stuff right there.
3: Sago ($17.00) :metaknight: Even if you ARE a traitor, I'll still root for you next time you play Hunger. And Hunger. I'm really bad at rooting for a single player =[
4: fatboy :metaknight: Our matches in Marvel entirely depended on how fast I offed Arthur. I inevitably did, but it was a matter of time that it took.
5: Grimace :snake: Coke Zero is balls. Alcohol is balls. Peach is balls. Balls!
5: kirk :olimar: :ike: Team Girl Attack is no more! You're getting too predictable =[
7: DLA :ganondorf: Both mid tiers and singles first round D: At least I'm getting closer each time we play. Just a matter of time!
7: Kappy :kirby2: DDR might as well be listed as ***** Magnet. ;) Thanks for the cookie btw! It was good, just not PERFECT good.
9: Zwarm :peach: Morrigan rep in this *****! If you condition someone to jump block Drill Rush, it's typically a free launcher :D
9: Brox :sheik: :metaknight: Gas money next time :O
9: Moozle :peach: PEEEEEEEACH! Next time I know what to do instead of "Do moves", so I'll get it. ;)
13: Bob :metaknight: :marth: Bob...?
13: Norm :lucario: Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
13: Scythe :lucario: Hi. I love you.
17: Dietz :luigi2: WTF SPOTANEOUS DIETZ SIGHTING!
99: Ewok :mistyface: What a HotD4 MACHINE. Work those zombies.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Also he should've won mvc3 lmfao
wanna MM in MvC3? :cool:

I need to put in work on how to switch which way I block against Wesker when he teleports. Webster put in work on me with that guy!! Wesker more broken than Sentinel IMO LOL I'm jk was mad fun tho MvC3 is so fun
Wesker is a bit tricky and it can be a chore guessing where he's gonna teleport next. He has sooo much freedom of movement.

Good games sir. Lets practice up on PSN a lil more often.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
1: kain ($102.00) :wolf: why is your wolf so good lol
2: Hunger ($51.00) :wario: ill beat you aprilll
3: Sago ($17.00) :metaknight: i was literally playing at 110% and i still couldnt pull off a W. free 4 life
4: fatboy :metaknight: i wish hunger beat you so i couldve played you instead of him lol
5: Grimace :snake: gotta play you again, its been too long
5: kirk :olimar: :ike: ur bad at brackets
7: DLA :ganondorf: pikachu is bad
7: Kappy :kirby2: nice ddr skills
9: Zwarm :peach: peach is bad
9: Brox :wolf: free
9: Moozle :peach: my snake cheated in our mm ;)
13: Bob :metaknight: :marth: Who?
13: Norm :lucario: sick lucario
13: Scythe :lucario: take off that hattt alreadyyyyy
13: Jordan :poocas: LOL i forgot gas money my b
17: Dietz :luigi2: Slap your troubles away!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Fun tournament :)

I can't believe Sago tried to kill that woman's baby

Edit: And I just remembered that guy who was playing Soul Caliber and DDR what a psycho.

Sago

Smash Lord
1: kain - i played particularly bad against you at this.

2: Hunger - its like the second our matchs start i freeze up and get hyper agressive and frustrated at
every hit. i simpley dont have the mental fortitude to get over my block against you.

4: fatboy - first time i havent played you in awhile. good to see you as usual.

5: Grimace - fun matchs. you camped me so hard game one :O so i had to camp you back. im sorry. you know i love you

5: kirk - brackets seemed fine to me. pretty much unavoidable to not have a matchup like fatboy/hunger at that point in bracket.

7: DLA - you were at this?

7: Kappy - sooooo casual. keep improving :)

9: Zwarm - i like peach. peach ditto mm?

9: Kenni- your a good player you just have bad habbits. ps. zelda is free not you. stay sheik.....jesus

9: Moozle - did you bring chairs? glad you could make it out you a beast

13: Norm -hey we didnt play in melee..................:)

13: Scythe - lol didnt even get to play you in melee. i was planing on beating you too :(

13: Jordan - where you at son. lucas on brinstar can only carry you so far.

17: Dietz - lol glad your showing up to events again

PJ: such a good beard. oh how i miss you. when will you sing for me

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I love how my name never got mentioned, lol
Well, if you want a shoutout, as far as I was concerned, you came out of nowhere, singles started 5 minutes later, heard you timed out Kappy, then you left. Didn't exactly leave a huge impression :p

Sago

Smash Lord
i simply love that song. Im gonna upload a cover of it on my youtube soon. Looking for a strong female singer. Or male singer with a strong female singing voice (nick petera) <3

Top Bottom