• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Lounge 1 - 2/26 - Lafayette, LA

ChKn

Smash Ace
$5 entry for both

Melee Singles:

8 entrants
1: Lee Martin ($24) - :fox:/:marth:/:sheik:/:younglinkmelee:
2: Avery ($12) - :falco:/:fox:
3: Cyphus ($4) - :drmario:
4: Patrick - ?
5: Awstin - :falco:/:younglinkmelee:
5: Blaise - ?
7: Jon - :falcon:
7: Hyro - :jigglypuff:

Bracket -

Brawl Singles:

16 entrants
1: Lee Martin ($48) - :metaknight:/:diddy:
2: Hyro ($24) - :toonlink:
3: Cyphus ($8) - :dk2:
4: BSP - :metaknight:
5: Curlz - :metaknight:/:snake:
5: Facey - :kirby2:
7: Blaise - :snake:
7: ChKn - :marth:
9: MasterMajora - :dk2:/:gw:
9: Patty - :marth:
9: FPDav - :dk2:/:falcon:
9: Oathkeeper - :pit:
13: Gary - :snake:
13: BSL - :olimar:/:luigi2:
13: ESPA - :diddy:
13: Marluxion - :metaknight:

Bracket -

ChKn

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Big shoutouts to Charles and the staff at Electronic Gaming Lounge. The tournament was really fun and chill. I hope that everyone else had fun at the tournament. I think that both tournaments ended around 8:30(we started Brawl around 5:20), so there was plenty of time to get friendlies done, despite the fact that we had two setups for each game.

Big thanks to BSL and MM for helping me out with the bracket and signups.

Thanks to Curlz, Oath, Patrick, Blaise, BSL, BSP, and FPDav for bringing TV/Wiis/Dazzle.

1: Lee Martin ($48) - I'll be contacting you in the next couple of days.
2: Hyro ($24) - ****ing Toon Link can't play on BSL's wii lol.
3: Cyphus ($8) - Good matches. I just need to be more conscious of where I'm at on the MU. At least I was able to get you down to one stock lol.
4: BSP - Good job during the tournament. Just stick to MK and save yourself the pain of trying to find a high tier main.
5: Curlz - Thanks for helping out the tournament instead of receiving a pay check. <3
5: Facey - Damn my clutch abilities. I gave up too many leads and choked hard on both of our 3rd stocks. GGs though. You deserve to get as high as you did.
7: Blaise - Wish we got to play. Thanks for checking up on us back and forth after the tournament was near completion.
7: ChKn - Bleh. I now know the path I need to take.
9: MasterMajora - Thanks for helping me run the bracket. GGs in friendlies.
9: Patty - I wish we had more time to talk/play. I was super busy during the beginning.
9: FPDav - LOL. You probably won't talk to me for a while, but GGs.
9: Oathkeeper - Thanks for being the first one on the scene. Good talking to you and figure out the context of that quote.
13: Gary - GGs in the tournament.
13: BSL - Thanks for helping me out. I'll try to help you much more cause I think you need something to get you past that first stage.
13: ESPA - Thanks for bringing your laptop. I'll talk to you at school
13: Marluxion - I wish I could be as chill as you in a match.

2: Avery ($12) - I wish we had more of a chance to talk. It was nice to formally meet you though.
4: Patrick - Thanks for bringing your TV/Setup. I wish we had more of a turnout for Melee though.
5: Awstin - We need to play some ping pong. I got much better since September.
7: Jon - Same thing with Avery. I should get to know the Melee side better.

Other peeps:
Ken - Nice seeing you again. Work is such a ***** lol.
Arcadia - Come back to smash nub.
Oath's friend(I wish I knew your name) - Thanks for chilling around despite not playing.
Thanks to the Baton Rouge players that stopped by.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
hey chkn this is patrick, just wanted to say thanks for hosting this, had a great time playing melee!

Chuee

Smash Hero
I opened this and saw Fox beside Lee Martin, and was like :O
but then I realized it was Melee :[

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
^Lee says Fox vs MK is a 50/50 matchup so I think he should prove it. I want him to be right.

I played Ganon Peach and ICs in melee and Snake/Fox in brawl. GGs to Awstin, that match made me nostalgic for melee tourneys and ggs to Hyro a.k.a. the craziest dontgivea**** jiggs on the planet. GGs to Espa Majora Lee and Curlz in brawl, you beat me clean Curlz so I'll have to go back to the lab for a while and see what I can cook up. Til next time.

-Ran

Smash Master
^Lee says Fox vs MK is a 50/50 matchup so I think he should prove it. I want him to be right.
Lee has won tournaments with Ganon/Captain Falcon in this state. Anything he does with Fox won't prove anything. Lol.

Curlz

Smash Lord
3: Cyphus ($8) - You're DK is just.....ugh. >.<
4: BSP - I HATE YOU SO MUCH!
5: Curlz - :snake: / :metaknight: / :rob:
5: Facey - I'm better than you! <3
7: Blaise - Really great games! you were just off your game today, I still won't admit that I'm better than you because I know I'm not. Keep up the good work!
7: ChKn - I'm sorry I rushed you to play my matches
9: MasterMajora - <3
9: Patty - <3
9: FPDav - <3
9: Oathkeeper - Get wrecked noob! <3 GGs though.
13: BSL - Troll harder!

Top Bottom