• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Matchup chart.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
guide here

So as we all know the new matchup chart that the BBR has been working on has finally been released. I was thinking we could further discuss what ground work they've laid there and carry it on here. What do we agree with, what do we not agree with etc. I find it kind of funny that no one in the backroom approached us, unless it was by private message or they just talked to Ally. I agree with most of the spread sheet, but pika being our worst matchup seems kinda weird, also pokemon trainer should be -1 lol.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I like this way of giving numbers to matchups.
But srsly, Zelda our adv ? I want to see the reasoning behind that.

And yeah Pika shouldn't be our only -4.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Well we can sdi out of a lot of her stuff which sets us up for grabs, and she apparently has ****ty approaches more so than us. I also think the shielda think is dumb.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I like this way of giving numbers to matchups.
But srsly, Zelda our adv ? I want to see the reasoning behind that.

And yeah Pika shouldn't be our only -4.
This^

Needs moar -4 and less falcon adv.

Player-3

Smash Hero
why do you think falcon loses to zelda lmao

zelda is such a bad character, only person worse is ganondorf lol

also, the chart looks right except lucas should be -2

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
It seems fine with me. I don't really want to argue with them or anyone else about the numbers. If the trend fits, then I say they did an adequate job.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
why do you think falcon loses to zelda lmao

zelda is such a bad character, only person worse is ganondorf lol

also, the chart looks right except lucas should be -2
What does lucas have on us that ness doesn't? I figured Ness would be faster at getting away from us then Lucas.

Player-3

Smash Hero
lucas's ftilt is really gay, his pk fire is infinitely more stupid at keeping falcon away than ness, he kills falcon alot earlier, much much harder to gimp, can't air release to knee him

Player-3

Smash Hero
not sure i hate that matchup i actually think its like 7-3 but i dread that matchup lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
There are a lot of things which I don't agree on, either... But overall, yeah it's a very good effort.

The fact that Olimar is just -2 baffles me. Where do they come up with this stuff? Is it because we can gimp him *kinda* easily?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
There are a lot of things which I don't agree on, either... But overall, yeah it's a very good effort.

The fact that Olimar is just -2 baffles me. Where do they come up with this stuff? Is it because we can gimp him *kinda* easily?
I don't agree with the -2 either.
Maybe a -3 is a lot better.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Imo MK, Falco and Oli should be -4 too.

And the more I look at that the more I want to see the discussions that caused this result.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Same here. Where the hell did they get the idea that Olimar is just -2 for us? A good Olimar DESTROYS. ANY. FALCON.

We can't even approach him!

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
My experience again Pikmin has been erratic, I've played some that I've had an okay time dealing with, and then some that have destroyed my Falcon.

I think the most important thing to take out of this is to find out why they marked -2 on the Pikmin MU if our consensus conflicts with it.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Indeed. Even a noob Olimar can beat me sometimes, heh it all comes down to personal skill/ATs/spacing/whatever...

Maybe they DO have some good points, but I doubt it.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Scrub Olimars are scrubs. To me, it seems that good/decent ones tend to get unlucky a lot.

Not knowing what they are isn't gonna do much, and won't really forward any discussion. Those with a problem with it, I encourage you to find out why they set it like that.

I personally don't care because numbers don't mean **** to me. Not nearly as much as knowing why a character is bad against another.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I don't think Falco is that bad, he's kinda like an easier olimar, except his lazors don't grab you and **** you. From what I remember vs Denti he can also kill your *** if he gets a good down throw read with a red pikmin or something. I actually felt safer coming in and landing on a platform as opposed to the ledge because I got grabbed off of it every time. Of the three though I would hate facing an Olimar more. I love fighting mk's, and falco depending on the stage and whether or not the ***** jabs like DEHF.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yes. Zelda is at the very least an even match against Falcon. I don't know why, I just feel that way whenever I play a fellow Zelda player of mine.

Killua

Smash Cadet
NNID
kilucru
Guys stop playing wifi. Zelda beats Falcon, we can sdi his smash but she can tecchase.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Zelda can always techchase after you sdi her fsmash

Mm.

Just like other characters.

And this makes Zelda better than Falcon how?
Tell us with grammatically correct English please. It helps your credibility when you're trying to explain something.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I suggest we focus on the higher tier character discussions instead

Killua

Smash Cadet
NNID
kilucru

Mm.

Just like other characters.

And this makes Zelda better than Falcon how?
Tell us with grammatically correct English please. It helps your credibility when you're trying to explain something.
'k my english is bad but i try to help Falcon if you can't read bad english dont read my post.

Zelda isn't bad she has true combo with his nair cancel, we can't jab beacause she can do fair, nair... her jab is disjoint, she can combo it by dash attack or dash grab. She has dtilt lock even if you have a good sdi you take 2dtilt and 1dsmash... Her bair kill Falcon very fast.
For you why Falcon is better?

Top Bottom