• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBC and Xanadu Gaming Present: Baltimore Brawl 2 COT5 Combo Pass!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aposl

Smash Ace
VGBootCamp link: (to be announced)

All is Brawl Link(Make Sure to click "I Am Attending"): http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11587

Stream Link: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com

Contact us if You have any questions

GimR's Cell: 443-370-2042

Aposl's Cell: 410-446-6546

Logic's Cell: 240 - 216 - 2053

COT5 Combo Pas!!!!

The highest placing player from Atl North in Brawl Singles gets the combo pass to Cot5. If two players tie for it then have them play a set for it.

COT5 Thread:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292146

Lets get hype for this, MD/VA has to show up for this and show Atlantic North who we are!!

Date

March 26th, 2011

Venue:

Xanadu Games
http://www.xanadu-games.com/

Address

3921 Vero Rd
Arbutus, Maryland 21227
(410) 247-2428

Games/Events

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Crews(Only if there's enough interest)

Schedule

10:00 AM: Doors Open
11:00 AM Sign Ups Start
12:00 PM: Doubles Start
3:30 PM: Second Call for Singles Sign Ups
4:00 PM: Singles Start
8:00 PM: Mid Tier Singles(It may start earlier then this)

Prices

Venue Fee: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team

Payouts(Under 50 people/20 teams)

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Payouts(>50 people/20 teams )

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

Setups

Wii's(Total = 4)

VGBootCamp(4)

VGBootCamp(4)

We need as many set ups as possible to make this run smoothly guys!

Interested/Confirmed Players (Bold = Confirmed)

God-is-my-rock
Aposl
Logic

Kadaj
Boss
Chibo
Patriotic Zero
CT
Matador
EE
Lobos
Yars Revengerson
Seller 1080
Lucka4Lyphe
SupaNova
Vice
Kaffei
Pink Fresh
Snack Attack
Stingers
H1N1
The Melon
Robfox
Mekos
Takeover
M2K
Coney
Da1andonlySonic
Korn
SailorPrincess22
MalcolmM
Famous
Omni
Dublio
Junebug
Noid
*CY*
VANdetta
Darkf0x-
Hyl1anb0y
PokemonMasterJamal
Dark Flame X
Superman12
Vinnie
D-manfamous
Speed
Inui
Nakat
Orlando3
Cheese
XLR8

king toon
2fast
lie
Bloodynite
xzax
bmx
TKBro
Zyth
Sleek Media
Seagull
No Idea
Will

Rules

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

Items are set to "off" and "none"

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
First round consists of players choosing their characters. During this time either player can call for a double blind pick . The first stage will then be determined by the stage striking method. One player strikes one stage and then the next player strikes two stages. Next, the original player chooses a stage out of the final two that are available to him or her.(If both players can't agree on who strikes first a best 2/3 game of rock, paper, scissors will be played. The winner chooses who goes first.) After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counter picks.
Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set unless your opponent agrees to it.
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Lylat

Game Play Rules:
The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then the participating player Who has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur. This rule does not apply to doubles.
Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but are not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, and Marth's standing infinite chain grab on Ness and Lucas
All Ice Climber chain grabs are legal until after their opponent is over 250%.
Meta knight's Infinite cape exploit is banned
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round
Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If you pause the match during a game or do any of the previous aforementioned banned tactics that were not prescribed a punishment then you must forfeit your current stock. Your opponent can choose to let you keep your stock

Doubles:

Same standard rules and stages as singles.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
Stock sharing is allowed.
Team Attack is on
There is no ledge grab limit in doubles

Venue Rules
Respect the Venue
Don't leave trash lying around(There will be trash cans and a recycling bin)
Smoke outside away from the doors
Don't be loud and obscene(This doesn't mean you can't get hyped about a match)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
chibo told me there was a car from NC coming which was a total lie with no foundation to stand on

but I guess I can try and get NC to come maybe

they dont really listen to me tho

HYPE

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh yeah...i found a ride, so...if anyone wants to team, hit me up =] chibo? double rob lolol
I think Xzax might have already asked to team, lemme double check. If we're not teaming then yea us 2 should. Our double ROB is double ****

and if we don't team then let's teams MM all of mdva, they'll prob think double rob is a free team but they don't know what they're in for

Coney

Smash Master
might be here to defend my crown as reigning king of baltimore, aids & murder capital of the world :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom