• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution. March 26th, Fort Worth.

Denti

Smash Master
IT'S FINALLY HERE! A Fort Worth Tournament!

Revolution!

This tournament will be held at a shop called blue berries. It's a frozen yogurt store. This is my first time holding a tournament there so everyone please be on your best behavior :D

Also, I'm advertising this so expect the turnout to be kind of bigger than you'd think.

Contact
1-405-923-7133
dustin.carlson237@my.tccd.edu

Events and fees
Venue fee 5$. Waived if you bring a full set up A full set up is, a tv, a wii, brawl with all the characters and stages unlocked. Bring set ups at your own risk
Singles will be 10$ per person.
Doubles will be 10$ per person. So 20$ for a team.

Event Schedule
Registration for events will start at noon.
The Doubles tournament will start at 1:00.
The Singles tournament will start at 3:00.

The store closes at 10:00, so if needed we can finish up finals and all that stuff at my house. As stated in the address, I live not even 3 minutes away.

Pay Outs
Singles
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5% (5th and 6th will be played out)

Doubles
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

Set ups
Bring them and you get your venue fee waived. Bring them and keep track of them at your own risk.

RULES
NEUTRAL
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium 1

COUNTER-PICK
Lylat
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2

Everything else is banned, unless agreed upon by both players.

1. 3 stocks/8min

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE(not even once). The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned(do not even do it once). You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death happens, Bowser/Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule

A match will be under the LGL rule.Players are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 35 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match.

Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

Housing
I can house probably everyone that wants to travel to this. I have a lot of room and a big house :D

My address is
5112 Leeray rd Keller, TX, 76248.

Denti

Smash Master
It's guna be epic! I'm advertising it with tons of flyers at a huge high school, over 3,000 people go to school there. I hope that's going to help the turnout and create a stronger smash scene.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It's guna be epic! I'm advertising it with tons of flyers at a huge high school, over 3,000 people go to school there. I hope that's going to help the turnout and create a stronger smash scene.
Yes.
Our boards are expanding ever more....as planned :D

Denti

Smash Master
I will try to make it with a group of friends along with a set up

Woot! I'm excited! Can't wait to have ya'll come :D

Disagree with Meta-only guidline on glide-under-stage. Other than that, I'm going to go. Will bring at least 2 TVs and 1 Wii.
I'm, super pumped you're coming :D

As for the rule..
I'd show you why I have that rule but the video wasn't saved when he did it to me.. but hopefully you'll understand when I say,

D4B8 times people out this way without grabbing the ledge.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Crap...
Somehow I knew it was going to be like this...
Here I was thinking I'd go in and step on some unsuspecting n00bs... but NO... It had to be you guys.
Well, there goes my shot.

But in all seriousness, hopefully this will become a series.
I'm gonna hype this as much as possible at school.
There's gonna be big money and low skill as base here, so try not to crush their spirits eh?

Literally the only guy who'd be better than me, quit two years ago...

Have fun and open some eys huh boys?

Glad to know mah homeboi denti is putting some spark back in my area.

Denti

Smash Master
XD I'm glad to see that you will be making it. Just curious, what is the hype level of this at central high school? I wouldn't know, being an old person and all

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
A few kids were seen taping flyers all over the school, there will flyers in virtually every hall and even some in bathrooms. Expect plenty of free wins though, far as I've scoured, none of them hold a candle to you...
the only one I would know, quit years ago for SF4

I hope its not terribly crowded.

Denti

Smash Master
XD awesome. Then my bidding was done.

I just put fliers at Fossil high school tonight along with a few other places... I hope people like my tournament :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It is a refreshing change from how the tournaments have been. Finally a tournament we don't have to get a carpool out of town for :D

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I wonder if any out-of-towners are showing up to this... also, I wanna do low tier MMs; so get at me if you're interested. I'll do regular MMs too. I hope there will be plenty of setups for this. =) Hype.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
As far as a side event is concerned Denti, I will ask this of you.

Low/Mid Tier Doubles - Pick a low or mid tier characters for standard doubles play....no high tier characters or MK is allowed. This gives a twist in gameplay, giving low and mid tier players a chance to show their stuff for doubles....and the best thing is that the only character who has a chaingrab is Yoshi but he's an awkward player that you have to be really REALLY knowledgeable to use...

or

The D4BA challenge - each contender picks a paper on random with a name of a player and two characters they commonly play as....and when you pick that persons ticket, you have to use one of the two players on the ticket for the D4BA doubles challenge. You can team with whoever you want, but you have to use that ticket to pick a potential character. The side event can be used for 5 dollars or a buck depending on how many people sign up.

I like the D4BA challenge myself.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Ill accept your MM offer, but make it 20 bucks and ill make it interesting =3

Aero you know we live like, stupid close to each other. I heard from falcos chick your in the tcu area. correctness?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
$20? Alright, if we're going to be playing for that much, let's make it best of 5.

I used to be in the TCU area, but now I reside in Mansfield/Arlington area towards Dallas.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
oh no baby boy im sayin 20 for best of 1 son. best of 1. take it. do it. dont think about it, just say yes.

no actually say no. I cant get out to this. stuff to do. I cant go to the classic either. Ima have to catch one of yall smashfest things.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I haven't played ANYONE in a while... that especially includes you.
lol well I know that bro...
I'm saying that you'll get your money's worth by playing people you really don't get to play.
If you wanted to play brawl, you know where to find me :D

I could understand Denti's situation cus he lives out there in Denton...it's quite the drive compared to my place.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Training is all I've been doing for last couple of days, so get ready guys
cuz if you blink you might miss the end of the match.

srs bzns y'all I hope plenty of the school goers show up and after, I hope we can expand the FTW scene/roster

Top Bottom