• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The LD2 Grab Setup *Skype me for the details

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just skype me if you want to know how. But read on if you want the full technical stuff.

Per standard operating protocol, I would like to preface this thread with the following information:

After I figure out the mechanics to the final component of my current project (LD3) and posted it, I will be done with my Ice Climber tech testing. I'll be moving my efforts to a different character and will be focusing on understanding that specific character's mechanics.

I'll still play ICs and strive to be the best of the best. But in terms of understanding the mechanics of desyncing, I feel like this is the theoretical apex of what we will be able to get out of the character and the desyncing game. Feel free to disagree with me, but at the risk of sound pretentious, save for one or two other people out there, I don't think anyone understands the mechanics and limitations of desyncing techniques better than I do.

We will have to look towards furthering our desynced play (not desyncing play, the difference being one is play at a state of being already desynced compared to the desyncing phase going from synced to desync) in order to advance the character. That in itself, much like the synced play of climbers, will only be expanded by learning and playing characters matchup to matchup.

That being said, the Lux Desync 2:
I'm not sure how many of you actually use LD1 as part of your desyncing game yet. I think that I've shown in person every climber that has asked me to demonstrate how to do it so far, but for the most part people have said that it's "hard". I've been working on a similar but easier version. However, the trade off of the ease of input is that it's slightly slower than LD1.

Another chief complaint is that the LD1 can only be used realistically in a reversal setting. That being said, it's best use is defensive, but it takes giving up large amounts of zoned space in order to execute because of its defensive nature. The LD2 achieves the same setup effect of the LD1, without the requirement of giving up space. Also, if a scenario switches from a vertically zone Uair game to the horizontally zoned grab setup game, LD1 was useful if the opponent zoned behind your character. LD2 complements that nature because it is designed to setup for grab in zoning that's in front of your character.

And for some reason it works out of spot dodge and roll with the same mechanics as LD1. I don't know why on this case. I only know how.

II. Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpF228MVVw

III. Inputs 3/11/11
Cooldown period > Input full reverse (left) to buffer a pivot > within 5 frames of pivoting, dash opposite direction (right) by flicking control stick > special

IV. Mechanics 3/11/11

This can be done out of any move cooldown. If done out of the cooldown of anything, it essentially creates a situation where Nana is thrown out of sync range while Popo is dashing. If inputted correctly, Nana will do the input of choice as she's returning to sync range.

However, Spot Dodge, Taunt, Roll, Ice Block, Blizzard, and Crouch all have special properties. What they do is they essentially negate the flipping of nana to face popo's direction on frame 3, so Nana is essentially following the true movement path of Popo. That being said, buffering a walk/pivot out of cooldown then immediately reverse initial dashing seems to have an affect that mimics the actions of LD1. Those are the only moves that this works for though, but I'm sure you can see the utility of it based on the video.

V. The Next Step and How it ties to LD3

I'm working with something out of hitlag, but I'm not sure of the mechanics yet. I'll post this as soon as I figure it out

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
PM me or skype me if you want an explanation ahead of time. I don't want to show the entire world until after Whobo at least I'm starting to think :)

Top Bottom