• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MD/VA Power Rankings! Updated March 22nd.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Official MD/VA Power Rankings

March 22nd

We're probably the last region to do PRs, haha. But after a week or so of looking through recent tournament results, we got some players together and got it done. Keep in mind this system isn't refined yet; when we have more tournaments running in the Summer, we'll be able to use the system SypherPhoenix made and showed me (it's sick!)

The panel consists of: Voodoo, Thumbs, Doll, Sypherphoenix, and myself.

1. Cyrain :fox: :falco: (N/A)

2. Tope :sheik: :fox: (N/A)

3. Redd :falco: :fox: :marth: (N/A)

4. ChuDatz :popo: (New)

5. Vist :luigi2: :falco: (-1)

6. Thumbswayup :falcon: (+1)

7. Doll :peach: (+1)

8. Boss :drmario: (New)

9. G-regulate :falcon: (N/A)

10. Savedge :falcon: :fox: (N/A)

Next update: looking at late May/early June.

Honorable Mentions:

• Chillindude829 (retired)
  • Chinesahh (inactive)
  • Laijin (Big Black **** master and *Pound* 5 Winner)
  • ChaosKnight

Previous Lists:

March 8th

1. Cyrain
2. Tope
3. Redd
4. Vist
5. Plank
6. Voodoo
7. Thumbs
8. Doll
9. G-regulate
10. Savedge
Some of the tournaments used in consideration for this list: *Pound* 5, Apex 2010, Gaming Graphix 5, Gaming Graphix 4, Gaming Graphix 7, Radford Monthly, Various Sypher Biweeklies.

Go ahead and comment/rant/criticize (sure there will be a lot of this) If you don't like your placing, do something about it! We're hoping this list will cause some motivation.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I don't really agree with this list, but I haven't played Vist or Thumbs recently. After the next Syphers I attend, I'm gonna drop my opinions on this list.

Lobos

Smash Master
The only problem with this is list is lack of melee tournaments in md/va.....otherwise good stuff redd

Vist

Smash Champion
are chillin / chu really retired now?

I may too unfortunately lol >_< (don't have much time to practice or go to events and it's probably only gonna get worse)

I go luigi like 99% of the time in tournament btw and this icon is better :luigi2:

and I'd disagree with some of the placings, but whatev

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
The only problem with this is list is lack of melee tournaments in md/va.....otherwise good stuff redd

Yeah, and I knew I couldn't please everyone. There just isn't enough numerical data.

Vist: =( Alright, I'll update it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Should Plank really be on this list ._.
Until the Pound 5 shenanigans blow over I don't see him attending any tournaments ... or interacting with the Smash community in general :\

Mahone

Smash Champion
Why is voodoo so high? Thumbs should be above him for sure, and plank should be considered inactive

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Should Plank really be on this list ._.
Until the Pound 5 shenanigans blow over I don't see him attending any tournaments ... or interacting with the Smash community in general :\
Up until the creation of the PR Plank had enough tourney results and stuff to be considered. So he'll probably go inactive next period.

Why is voodoo so high? Thumbs should be above him for sure, and plank should be considered inactive
Not true. Second part, see above.

Feel free to y'know, back up your arguments. <3 I want feedback but vagueness isn't helping!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You guys are off to a good start!

Now start hosting as many tournaments as you can! Find good venues. And slowly start reactivating the melee scene within MD/VA until you get enough attendance to attract OoS.

Also, get some drama started like:

I'd **** eveyone 6th place and below. ;)

I would also try to get a head count of all the active MD/VA players in the region and list them here just to get an idea of what the size of the community is.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I know most PRs are for the top players, but is there any chance of it including like the top 20 people in the future? Even if it were based solely on tourney results or something, I think it would be good motivation for people to improve. I can't track my progress from worst to next to worst if it stops at the top 10. >___> Not a big deal either way, just throwing it out there.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of people, but I have to leave now; just post people I left out and I will update or Redd can put it in the OP. Locations would awesome to include too (for coordination of smashfests and such).

Active Player List:
- Cyrain
- Tope
- Redd
- Vist
- Plank
- Voodoo
- Thumbswayup
- G-regulate
- Doll
- Savedge
- Big Wenz
- Wenbo
- Winston
- CTL
- Chival
- Chred
- Laijin
- Sypher
- The Sage
- Wife
- Husband
- Episolon HOW?!?
- Mahone
- Scrap Mettle
- Milkman
- MooseEatsBear
- Xykness
- The Crimson Blur
- Bones
- DJ

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Active Player List:
- Cyrain (VA)
- Tope (VA)
- Redd (VA)
- Vist (Odenton, MD)
- Plank (Salisbury, MD)
- Voodoo (College Park, MD)
- Thumbswayup (Silver Spring, MD)
- G-regulate (Arlington, VA)
- Doll (VA)
- Savedge (VA)
- Big Wenz
- Wenbo
- Winston
- CTL
- Chival
- Chred (College Park, MD)
- Laijin
- Sypher
- The Sage
- Wife (Crystal City, VA)
- Husband
- Episolon HOW?!?
- Mahone
- Scrap Mettle
- Milkman
- MooseEatsBear
- Xykness
- The Crimson Blur
- Bones
- DJ

Updated with the locations I know (or think I know). I believe there are 30 active players that you mentioned here.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I think Richmond + Doll should be considered SoVA instead of NoVA. They seem to play those guys more often than they play us.

SoVA is a different region than us basically. There are a ton of melee players there most of you have never heard of that are pretty active

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
- Cyrain (VA)
- Tope (VA)
- Redd (VA)
- Vist (Odenton, MD)
- Plank (Salisbury, MD)
- Thumbswayup (Silver Spring, MD)
- G-regulate (Arlington, VA)
- Doll (VA)
- Savedge (VA)
- Big Wenz (College Park, MD)
- Wenbo (College Park, MD)
- Winston (College Park, MD)
- CTL (College Park, MD)
- Chival (College Park, MD)
- Chred (College Park, MD)
- Laijin
- Sypher
- The Sage
- Husband
- Episolon HOW?!?
- Mahone
- Scrap Mettle
- Milkman
- MooseEatsBear
- Xykness
- The Crimson Blur
- Bones
- DJ

Mahone

Smash Champion
Up until the creation of the PR Plank had enough tourney results and stuff to be considered. So he'll probably go inactive next period.

Not true. Second part, see above.

Feel free to y'know, back up your arguments. <3 I want feedback but vagueness isn't helping!
Sure i'll back up my argument <3<3<3<3

Thumbs won the most recent tournament that we have had, and clearly you are favoring newer tournaments right?

If you aren't.... well then since Savedge, Thumbs, and Greg all 6-0 or 6-1d you, i guess you should be lower <3<3<3

But seriously, who would voodoo beat that thumbs wouldn't? I feel like Thumbs has beaten everyone voodoo has and he beat that Redd guy, so it just seems like he should be higher than Voodoo, also he took a set off of Chillin on several occasions, which i don't think voodoo has.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
- Cyrain (Richmond, VA)
- Tope (Richmond, VA)
- Redd (Arlington, VA)
- Vist (Odenton, MD)
- Plank (Salisbury, MD)
- thumbswayup (Silver Spring, MD)
- g-regulate (Arlington, VA)
- Doll (Richmond, VA)
- Savedge (Richmond, VA)
- BigWenz (College Park, MD)
- Wenbo (College Park, MD)
- Winston (College Park, MD)
- CTL (College Park, MD)
- Chival (College Park, MD)
- ChRed2AKrisp (College Park, MD)
- Laijin (MD)
- SypherPhoenix (Farifax, VA)
- thesage (Richmond, VA)
- Husband (WV?)
- krnred225 (Blacksburg, VA)
- Mahone (Blacksburg, VA)
- FoxLisk (Blacksburg, VA)
- knightpraetor (Blacksburg, VA)
- ScrapMettle (Vienna, VA)
- Milkman (MD)
- MooseEatsBear (MD)
- Xykness (MD)
- The Crimson Blur (Charlottesville, VA)
- Bones (MD)
- DJ (MD)
- Declan (Fairfax, VA)
- ChaosKnight (Fairfax, VA)
- Alcohol (VA)
- Studd Sexington / Zazz / Zahar (VA)
- Flamingo (VA)

i prolly missed a bunch

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
How does challenging people for their rank work, or will it only be based on tournament results

CTL17

Smash Lord
Milkman is from VA, surprisingly.

Also, even if I don't enter singles I'm still active. Now if you define active as something else, then…

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Sure i'll back up my argument <3<3<3<3

Thumbs won the most recent tournament that we have had, and clearly you are favoring newer tournaments right?

If you aren't.... well then since Savedge, Thumbs, and Greg all 6-0 or 6-1d you, i guess you should be lower <3<3<3

But seriously, who would voodoo beat that thumbs wouldn't? I feel like Thumbs has beaten everyone voodoo has and he beat that Redd guy, so it just seems like he should be higher than Voodoo, also he took a set off of Chillin on several occasions, which i don't think voodoo has.

Except you forgot that since those losses, I've 2-0'd all of those players since (minus savedge, still need mah revenge) Yeeeeeep.

Those two decided it was okay for Voodoo to be above, they're gonna play it out at some point they said.

Oh, and I guess if two players want to ladder battle or whatever they could do an official like 4/7 or something.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hey. I could be like "Hey guise I 2-0'ed Savedge and Vist last time I played them in tournament and beat G-reg in a set, only to later lose to him =\". But nope. I'm not complaining.
I'll just step it up and be more consistent.

Also. Ladder battles are dumb. We should just base it off tournament placings, and reevaluate the list every month or something

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't know why people are complaining when I said it's a flawed list; we just don't have enough yet but wanted to throw a ROUGH idea up on the board.

Next month we'll probably start doing 15 if possible.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I guess if you let offladder people challenge laddered people (lower ranks I suppose?) they'd be constantly playing best of 7s
...Not that I oppose this idea :D

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
But seriously, who would voodoo beat that thumbs wouldn't?
Agreed. What's the argument for Voodoo being above G-reg anyway? As far as I know G-reg won the last time they played, places at least as well at locals, and did better at Pound 5/Apex.

top 10 seems fine otherwise...

I hope I can make top 15 ><

(though I expect CK, Laijin, etc. to be above me so probably not)

Also, how did you choose who to be on the panel??

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Agreed. What's the argument for Voodoo being above G-reg anyway? As far as I know G-reg won the last time they played, places at least as well at locals, and did better at Pound 5/Apex.

Like I said, with this top 10, some of these head-to-head comparisons aren't able to be corrected by swapping because then it creates two more problems lol. Just continue discussing it and we'll pick up on that for next time.

For the panel I really just got who I consider the more knowledgable about our player base. Could change/probably will change. Once again, this was a temporary thing but we needed something like this up and running asap

BigWenz

Smash Ace
at the last shell shocked didn voodoo place higher then g-reg? im just wondering and i dont know how far back this goes but voodoo has won a tourny. he won a syphers if im not mistaken while g-reg has yet to win anything. id feel that would have an affect but i could be wrong.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Put Chudat on the list, he's coming to sypher's this weekend and you know hes not retired.

Naw winston you **** man! I hope to see you on there one day, you definitely can do it.

And tbh, i think Winston and Wenbo and Scrapmettle should be on the panel, they are like the only people I would trust to not have any bias, but the panel right now is ******** since all of those people are on the PR and most of them are just biased people in general.

Well, what is the reasoning for Voodoo's rank? What problems would switching him with thumbs or moving him down 2 cause?
WTF is your problem winston!!!

I don't know why everyone is giving redd so much **** when he clearly said that this list isn't good and he wants to hear our opinion, but when we give it to him we are being ****s because its not that easy and you guys just don't understand, he just wants input but the list isn't going to change, but talk about what is wrong with the list, but don't tell him, because its complicated and the list is perfect, but he said its not a perfect list, but ajofieajldkjafl;jadsjfl.............................

Top Bottom