• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Midwest Livestream Thread (PEEFSMASH has a new channel, please Follow!)

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yo, Midwest Smashers, this is Cunning on Trail's account, here to announce the start of a new project for the benefit of the Midwest scene. In collaboration with PEEF, Trail and I have begun a livestream broadcast of our practice sessions as part of an effort to reinvigorate our region and rekindle interest in our beloved Melee. Here, we will provide a list of the various official Midwest livestreams (and, later, a schedule of events when things get more involved to avoid conflicts of time between the various broadcasts).

To start viewing, simply click on the name of the stream that you wish to watch and you'll be good to go from there. Feel free to enjoy the matches and chat it up with your fellow Smashers.

If you would like to have your stream listed, simply send the link via PM to HoChiMinhTrail, CunningKitsune, or PEEF here on the boards and we'll post it up here for you. If you would like some assistance with setting up your own livestream, get in touch with any one of us and we'll be happy to help you.

If you can't tune into our livestreams, we also record our respective sessions whenever possible. The recorded material can be found on each of the channels at Ustream.

List of Official Midwest Livestreams:

PEEFSMASH NEW CHANNEL PLEASE FOLLOW!:(OFFLINE)
PEEF along with his sidekicks TheNumberJay, Jekyll, and random special guests play "solid" Midwest Melee. The show is a combination of Melee, RAGE, drunken riots, random challenges, and PEEF constantly making a fool of himself. Extremely interactive with audience, will invite people to skype calls, etc. We have a viewer drinking game too. The main show is every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Random practice at other times.

The Howells Boys:(OFFLINE)
High-level old-school matches featuring CunningKitsune, Tink, and Trail.

Memphis-Area Melee:(OFFLINE)
Memphis Area Melee, feat. IHSB, BunBun, Iori, and lots and lots of alcohol.

Ripple and Co.:(OFFLINE)
Come listen to Ripple make Roy johnz all night long.​

Weekly Schedule:
As we start to lock down what times we will be able to broadcast for sure, we will use this schedule to give viewers show times they can count on.

Monday:

Tuesday:
The Howells Boys: 8:00 pm central til w/e

Wednesday:

Thursday:
PEEFSMASH: 8PM-3AM Central
Drunken rage melee featuring Jekyll and TheNumberJay =DD​

Friday:
PEEFSMASH: 9PM-3AM Central

Saturday:
PEEFSMASH: 9PM-3AM Central

Sunday:

=] ;) :bee: (o''O) :woman:

Tink

Smash Hero
this willlll be the best stream around ppl....o get at the howells boys and prepare to be amazed 0_o.

Fletch

Smash Master
How hard is it to set up a stream? I've been playing once a week, wouldn't mind showing off how badly I suck now.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Trail needs to set up his account so that your latest VOD automatically plays when you are offline

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
it did for me. i watched a few hours ago, and it started right up without me doing anything other than clicking a link to the channel.

voorhese

Smash Master
wth where is cunning right now? that doesnt mean every wed. and mon. does it? if it does cunning goes from purdue to chicago every week?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Niiice

Haha, "The Howell Boys". I'll be sure to tune in to you guys when I can.

Voorheese, you're such a nub.

Fletch

Smash Master
i mean, you could just come play with us lol...

how you been bud, i was just thinkin about your scrub ***
I'm old as **** and moved up to northside of Chicago so I can't come around and play whenever. Real life johns.

I play with someone from Depaul once in a while, and I wanted to record some stuff. I still suck with my old *** fingers and non-existent tech skill, but I get by.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
For SSBO bi-weekly tournaments, I can supply my recording set up if the Purdue crew is interested. That includes dropping off my stuff the day prior to the tournament.

Plus I do have a ustream account as well for set up. My only concerns are to get internet access, and for the audio to pick up with the stream correctly, at the venue that is. So if any audio suggestions on that would be much rather appreciated. Steaming the video is easy for me to do.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
For SSBO bi-weekly tournaments, I can supply my recording set up if the Purdue crew is interested. That includes dropping off my stuff the day prior to the tournament.

Plus I do have a ustream account as well for set up. My only concerns are to get internet access, and for the audio to pick up with the stream correctly, at the venue that is. So if any audio suggestions on that would be much rather appreciated. Steaming the video is easy for me to do.
Yeah, Adam, that would be pretty sweet. I'm sure we could orchestrate something to make that happen. As for the internet access, one of us can sign you into PAL at the venue after we get it configured on your laptop, which shouldn't be a problem either since Purdue released this easy-set-up package thing for PAL that basically does most of the work for you. heh I don't really have anything for you about the audio situation, though; I guess we'll just have to see how that goes down.

Also, the Howells Boys will be doing an impromptu livestream today for those interested. We'll update the first post and the thread title accordingly when we're good to go.

Top Bottom