• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential mid-year Major in Sydney

tedeth

Smash Master
So I'm looking at running a Sydney major in light of M2K wanting to come back over because he's hilarrrrrrious.

I was just wondering what dates would best suit people. I don't really care sicne I'm at uni part time now so I can do whatever I want lol.

But yeah in terms of Uni and stuff during the time of M2K's potential visit, what does everyone think?

I'm already in contact with a potential venue, but ofc I need some solid dates before I confirm anything with them.

I expect everyone that has ever been to anything EVER to come to this. :p

Will make a more official thread when I have more details.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Haha july 17 is Genesis2 mang
august 19 is a huge mississippi tournament
It'd have to be between them otherwise i'm unable to go :/
potential weekends:
- july 23-24
- july 30-31
- august 6-7
- august 13-14

for me, it doesn't matter which weekend, since my exams are done and dusted well before then :)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Fine with any date for me, as long as I can get out of work lol, I wanna drink with Shaya and Zero like I was meant to last time =D

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
july 23-24 is the best weekend for me by FAR.

semester 2 starts for me on the 25th so that weekend just before uni starts again would be perfect.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Im fine for anything, Also confirm me already for anything that happens (feel free to call the event "Redact's Sydney Adveture")

Splice

Smash Hero
If I can get housed and sponsored (as in pay for my flights) then I would come down, If I also got parental permission of course... which depends on date but I aint sure which ones.

Would be my first interstate trip wooo

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If my house that i move to is spacious enough, ill be hosting smash aid tourneys there (5 bux entry, all funds go to getting players who need help interstate)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
make this during holidays and ill most probably go.

looking at anything in between the 24th of june and the 9th of july.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok guys so i DO have something in the works here but I need to get an idea of numbers before I can give any concrete details.

If people could give me a "yes" a "no" or a "maybe" for mid-late july, that would be a good start since no date is actually confirmable yet.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
all this speculation...
ofc people would go, it's mew2king

the question is... is this even gunna happen? if mew2king even gunna come?
will anything get organized without cao? lol

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i'll come if i can house with someone or someone can share accomodation costs with me.
If James, Dean and myself go we might be able to share accomo with you =D. And if you do go drag along some other 64ers please :3

tedeth

Smash Master
Ted wants numbers in order to round up a possible venue.
Exactly. I need at least a rough idea of interest/attendance before I can get anything done. With the way the Sydney scene is atm I'm really gonna need to have a lot of OoS support to actually make this happen.

So, since I have come to EVERYONE'S tourneys, EVERYONE has to come to mine.

That's just good manners.

:)

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
If James, Dean and myself go we might be able to share accomo with you =D. And if you do go drag along some other 64ers please :3
Robsta probly couldn't get parents permission and AA probably couldn't either. only other people could be blackshadow or pete.
but i would so be down for chilling with you guys.

Robsta

Smash Ace
I could probably arrange so that my mum/dad comes up with me for a weekend holiday or something. I've never been to sydney before so they'll probably agree.

:phone:

Top Bottom