• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Test Your Skills 15) [Salty Runbacks] Houston Tx Apr-9-2011

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(Test Your Skills 15) [Salty Runbacks] Melee

(((Venue)))
Funplex
13700 Beechnut St.
Houston Texas, 77083
United States

Contact Information:
Email: AirbrushKing@abdk.net

(((Fees)))
Venue Fee: $8
Singles Fee: $10

(((Payouts)))

Singles:
1st - 60% of pot
2nd - 30% of pot
3rd - 10% of pot

(((Equipment)))
I have 2 guaranteed TVs and if anyone else brings set-ups I would greatly appreciate it and more is always better. I will give free drink coupons to those who bring full-setups. Thanks =]

(((Schedule)))

12:00 Registration
1:00 Warm Ups
2:00 Tournament Starts

Note: (There will be a 5$ late fee for anyone that is late so show up ON TIME!)

(((Rules)))
General (apply to all events unless otherwise noted):

* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order. The higher slot strike first.
* Items are set to off.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
*One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
*You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players, same for doubles.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is banned.
* There will be no ties in any tournament. Anyone refusing to play any Match (including the finals) will be disqualified and forfeit all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
* Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
* Late Arrival Rule - If you want to enter after registration closes, you will have to pay $5 more for venue fee. NO EXCEPTION!
*Wobbling banned again for fun

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* 8 minute time limit.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

(((Stages)))

*Neutrals

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams (1v1 only)

*Counterpicks 1v1:

Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

NOTE: Pokemon Stadium is only neutral for 2v2. It's a counter pick for 1v1. Fountain of Dreams is only neutral for 1v1 and it's ban for 2v2 due to lag.

(((Misc)))

* The DQ rules is as follow
5 min late: a warning
10 min late: loss of a match
15 min late: loss of the set

See everyone there. Lets GO!

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
well i was playing IM/Chun/Jean but as fun as this game is, im not the kind of player that can deal with how much xfactor changes momentum its so crazy,so ill not be playing, but ill prob show up and watch

Jake13

Smash Lord
I'm down with that fool magneto, modok and animatsuru or whatever lol deff not good enuff to enter but I'm hype for watching mms

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
well i was playing IM/Chun/Jean but as fun as this game is, im not the kind of player that can deal with how much xfactor changes momentum its so crazy,so ill not be playing, but ill prob show up and watch
I agree. I play it every now and then but still hardcore in mvc2. I just cant seem to quit that game. I play it everyday and probably wont ever stop playing it. When you going to stop by and come to the wed fight nights?

I'm down with that fool magneto, modok and animatsuru or whatever lol deff not good enuff to enter but I'm hype for watching mms
Lol Magnus is solid and so is that dog. Who else have you been messing with?

forgot to add brawl to this..
HOBO has that covered. =]

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Me and a couple others from Kingwood are coming. Any chance RGV or even Dallas will make an appearance?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
What's the earliest we can get there? I'll bring a setup...MAYBE even 2.
Doors open at 11:00am but you can get there as early as u want. I would say 12noon cause thats the time everyone starts getting there. Bring your 2 setups and ill get you a drink coupon. Funplex has new management so you all will see the changes that are being made in the building. Went there today and it looks nice.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
ITS TIME!!! Combat begins tomorrow for Test Your Skills 15. There will be a special money match happening between hadoken vs ?. Im ready to see what this new person has to offer. I encourage everyone to be there at 12 noon to get as much causals in because i will be starting all tournaments ON TIME. Everyone bring as many setups as possible for any game so we can make the tournaments go by faster. We pretty much have the venue till 2am so thats plenty of time to get matches in. Im down for afterhours at dennys or ihop. I would like to see some more money matches go down tomorrow so bring extra money cause i know i will be making that trip to cha$e today =]. If anyone has any questions, text/call me at 281-690-0315. See you all 2morrow..

Top Bottom