• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle of the Ice Empire

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
SINGLES

1. Holynightmare (MK)
2. Stroumbert (Falco)
3. Guard (fox)
4. Darkshadow (kirby)
5. Swordgard (sheik)
5. Techiyo (marth/mk)
7. Tim (snake)
7. Mar1 (DK)
9. Googs (diddy kong)
9. KingKong (mk)
9. Agora (rob)
9. Hells (toonlink)
13. Kage (marth)
13. Tarextherex (yoshi)
13. Mr. L (luigi)
13. Mprime
17. Balus
17. Victor
17. Nostalgic
17. Vis-K

Didnt make it of pools

Dreecteur
Aecon
Cheet
Sheep (mario/luigi)
Badsam (diddy kong)

Mid Tier

1. Holynightmare (rob)
2. Swordgard (sheik)
3. Guard (fox)
4. Stroumbert (Falcon)
5. Mar1 (DK)
5. KingKong (peach/bowser/ness/mario/ike/etc...)
7. Techiyo (toonlink)
7. Mr. L (luigi)
9. Hells (toonlink)
9. Agora (ness)
9. Kage (ganon)
9. Mprime
13. Balus
13. Sphynx (kirby)
13. Badsam
13. Snow
17. Victor
17. Dreecteur
17. Joe (zelda)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Not sure yet who I will be going next tourney. Get trolled more PR.

lol tin depends whos going, usually when I go to GTA there also holy+ally+the gta players, which makes it hard.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Swordgard you are right my power is absolute. After everybody pays me for the singles ill DQ everyone :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
GGs everyone, i want to play some more and get better quickly. Stroumbert 2nd is sick.. And I played Ike too in Mid tier. I have to relearn everything..

swordgard

Smash Hero
Shoutouts divided in 2 sections:

People who didn't disappoint me(people that don't lose or get outplaced by sheik):
1. Holynightmare (MK): Free tourney. I bet you're disappointed too eh?
2. Stroumbert (Falco): Good stuff placing 2nd and not losing to sheik. Especially proud of you for playing to win, kinda suck that you went game 5 vs guard, I honestly expected more of you on that one. Oh well, enjoy your throne while you can, if I were you I'd start making plans as to how to stop people from stealing it.
4. Darkshadow (kirby): You beat sheik. You placed 4th. You got over your choking problem. You almost beat guard. Good stuff.

People that disappointed me(people that either lost to sheik, or got outplaced by sheik):
3. Guard (fox): Good job placing 3rd. Might be time for you to get new achievements though, but thats up to you.
5. Swordgard (sheik): You put montreal to shame.
5. Techiyo (marth/mk) : Stop sd-ing.
7. Tim (snake): Cool to have you back. You looked so damn rusty though, them rolls.
7. Mar1 (DK): Guess your not taking my PR spot eh?
9. Googs (diddy kong): You put gaz on the hype flame and got burned. I hope you learned your lesson.
9. KingKong (mk): I miss when you actually tried placing.
9. Agora (rob): Im 99% sure its a HD tv problem tbh.
9. Hells (toonlink): Dat no training status.
13. Kage (marth): Warrior so high he can touch the sky.
13. Tarextherex (yoshi): Good stuff with the upsets, be less stressed and be a bit more confident in yourself. If you came just to a few smashfest, you could probably place fairly high.
13. Mr. L (luigi): Gamefaqs represent. You gotta learn your matchups.
13. Mprime: Gotta step your snake up son.
17. Balus: Don't remember you sorry.
17. Victor: Last person I expected to see at a brawl tourney.
17. Nostalgic: Cool to see you again.
17. Vis-K: Almost come-back game 2, was pretty close.
Dreecteur: Practice more.
Aecon: First tourney's always hard.
Cheet: ???
Sheep (mario/luigi): I haven't even played you this tourney : ( .
Badsam (diddy kong): ???

To Quebec players in general: Many, and I mean many many of you keep on johnning 24/24. Stop blaming X or Y reason as to why you lost and step it up, theres no other way around it. Getting on the power rankings should be a big achievement, but it isn't in here. People that want to win need to get their stuff together and start practicing and helping each other improve. I have seen very little actual training at any smashfest I have been to, playing over and over mindlessly does not constitute training. When you lose, don't get angry or john, try to assess why you lost, ask questions as to what your opponent focused on to beat you. To all those thinking: "Why should I help other people get better?", well let me tell you, montreal atm is very bad at this game. Your own improvement comes through the improvement of others, as it is only by playing good players that you get better yourself. Each one of you individually are responsible for your own improvement and to some degree are responsible as to why montreal is far from being good at the game. Host smashfests, make research on character development, learn your frame data, examine specific in-game situations, learn your matchups, learn to counterpick the right stages, learn to adapt to hard counters by using secondaries, anything really at this point.

When montreal steps it up, I will start playing seriously again.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Agreed with SwordGard. Me and Guard played a lot together recently, along with holy and some other sometimes and we drastically improved (I think).

And btw, I don't fill the criteria to being in the People that disappointed you lol. Kidding.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Agreed with SwordGard. Me and Guard played a lot together recently, along with holy and some other sometimes and we drastically improved (I think).

And btw, I don't fill the criteria to being in the People that disappointed you lol. Kidding.
We can money match whenever you want.

If you think somehow you and guard are now alot better, let me remind you of your results at the gta tourney you went before apex. Now your results at apex. Now the results you got after apex. You be the judge.

Flayl

Smash Hero
KingKong you have what it takes to place top 3 with MK, don't let the Bowser Bros. down!

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
13. Tarextherex (yoshi): Good stuff with the upsets, be less stressed and be a bit more confident in yourself. If you came just to a few smashfest, you could probably place fairly high.

I didn't really feel stressed during this tourney tbh, unless you're talking about that match vs stroumbert. Well even if going for the spike at 0%(thought it would work, didn't realize it was that weak) cost me the game, I don't think there was any matches were I played blatantly worse because of choking. And I'm actually pretty confident of myself about placing better, the more I play you guys, the more I feel that I could eventually place better and even get PR'd. Going to smashfests would probably be a good idea for practice but is there even any of them, last time I got a shoutout about it on aib was like in october.

Anyway yeah ggs to everyone, that was a pretty fun tournament. I might go to the next one in april 16, but I might skip it if there is another the month after or so, if the next one dosen't get much attendees or whatever,

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
1. Holynightmare - Dat MK!

2. Stroumbert - Don't wanna be mean but you were kinda free this tourney ;)

3. Guard - Good stuff getting 3rd, you beat Mar1, Techiyo, Darkshadow and almost beat Stroumbert. You gotta find something against Swordgard, I can't really help you out but suggest you practice another character like Marth. Fox isn't enough =/

4. Darkshadow - Good job beating Swordgard's Sheik, something the others probably couldn't do at this tournament.

5. Swordgard - Dat Sheik, good stuff against Mar1 and Guard. Obviously the character is limited so top 3 was an hard task.

5. Techiyo - Good stuff against Mar1, you were playing really well. Almost beat Guard too o.o.
Keep practicing =)

7. Tim - Not bad for someone that stopped playing ahaha :)

7. Mar1 - You gotta play better Mar1 because otherwise people will get your spot :/

9. Googs - Kinda disappointed because you talked a lot but showed no result, maybe that medecine you took made you play worse and I would understand...you looked high.

9. KingKong - You can do much better, keep practicing your MK.

9. Agora - Old School player that still place decently, try showing up more to smashfest for training.

9. Hells - HELLS RAGE MODE was funny as hell, good placement for not playing...maybe if you played more you would do better o.o

13. Kage - Despise not playing brawl at all and being stuck in 2010 Brawl metagame, you still placed decently.

13. Tarextherex - Good stuff against Citrus, but what surprised me the most was you almost beating Stroumbert. Impressive :cool:

13. Mr. L - I'm sure you can do better next time, you had to fight good people pretty early.

17. Balus - Good job beating Hells in pools, match was really funny.

17. Victor - Not bad, you gotta come and train more with us. You'll get way better faster.

17. Nostalgic - You guys do better in GTA lmao, you guys should come to smashfest to train.

17. Vis-K - Same for you, come to smashfest for training.

Didnt make it of pools

Dreecteur - Si tu veux improve essaie de venir au smashfest, c'est comme ca que KKong est devenu meilleur =D

Aecon - Forgot who you were :/

Cheet - It was really lame how we had to play that early in mid tiers, you should pick up Toon Link =)

Sheep - You haven't been playing lately =/

Badsam - Ahahaha c'etais bon de parler ac toi, lol la pizza qui brule.

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
HolyNightmare - I played way too hastily against you. Yes, I was free. I'll get you next time, unless I get taken out by Tarex. Dat Viviff status. Stay free against Ganon. :p

Stroumbert - Gotta eat more bird seed to get stronger.

GUARD - Good job getting 3rd. Sorry again about the DQ thing. I didn't mind the pause the other time we played, but this one just had too many consequences. I hope you understand that I couldn't simply let it slide just like that. Anyway, I'll see you next time. Good job beating my Falcon, too.

DarkShadow - Great job on 4th. You gotta keep putting that Scrubgourd in his place.

Swordgard - Free ticket to winners' finals. Thanks! Just kidding, Diddy almost had me. That Sheik better **** me next time, though.

Techiyo - Good work against Mar1. Just keep channeling that MK energy, and soon you'll be stealing Holy's throne! Good job winning your first tourney match against me, too.

Tim - Ah, didn't play you this time around. I see you did well, though. Nice work.

Mar1 - I told you to fear Falcon. ;)

Googs - Dat Diddy. Not as many upsets as you would have hoped though, eh? Oh well, maybe next time..

KingKong - Watch out. If you stop playing Bowser for too long, he might get angry and burn your apartment down or something. Just saying.

Agora - We didn't play. :( Nice to see you back, though.

Hells - You looked like you were enjoying working that pump. I hope you'll make it harder next time. (wait, what?)

Kage - Nice to see you back. As I said, I wish you would have stayed so we could have played some Melee. Oh well. :(

Tarextherex - You came really close to beating me; I just got lucky with that footstool. Still, good job coming so close, and beating Citrus. You really had the crowd on your side against me, haha.

Mr. L - I'll see you in Ontario. You better settle the score in those money matches. :O Thanks for coming!

Mprime - I think I only played you once during the entire tourney. Still, thanks for coming all the way to Montreal!

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
1. Holynightmare (MK) - Good **** Holy for 1st again. You know...I respect you a lot. Your a great guy and a FANTASTIC person to train with in brawl.lol

2. Stroumbert (Falco) - Your a beast at this game..I wont deny it. I was soooo depressed during the 'Pause' issue and I even felt like hurting someone really bad (but I didn't thankfully). I felt a lot of disrespect and hatred towards you at the time but hey....it's a video game. So no hard feelings and I do apologise for ignoring you for the rest of the night.

3. Guard (fox) - I'm very happy of my placing. I know I could do better but I find I should continue to train my Marth. I really do need someone for my exclusive match-ups. lol

4. Darkshadow (kirby) - man you make me laugh. We were about to start our tourny match and then you started laughing out of nowhere.lol good **** for beating sword. You did great.

5. Swordgard (sheik) - something bothers me....and it's not your character (although thats a pain. lol). Maybe it's the fact your telling us that were barely getting better and we keep johning while you just quite Ice Climbers because you ****ed up in Toronto thanks to your worst nightmare.....METAKNIGHT. Aside from that... good **** anyway. Your Shiek is pretty good.

5. Techiyo (marth/mk) - I am proud of you my fellow Princess.lol I enjoyed watching your Fox in action too. But man....that SD you did against me was just not cool. Of course I was happy after our match but I kinda felt a bit bad afterwards. Also, watching your game VS Mar1 was SOOOO awesome. Keep it up partner.

7. Tim (snake) - it was fun playing you in tourny.... you said you haven't played for a while yet you still got 7th. Thats pretty good for someone who doesn't play. lol

7. Mar1 (DK) - I hope you enjoyed sleeping with me that night.lol I know i did.lol but other then that. Thanks for comming to that tourny, it was fun playing you.

9. Googs (diddy kong) - I dont know what to say here...... you raged when you lost to Darkshadow (I understand raging though. lol), you kept trolling me durring my matches with Mr.L, and you were like SOOOO high that day. lol wtf man......

9. KingKong (mk) - I thank you SOOOO much for hosting this tourny. I would say it was a great success. but come on man...I wana see your Bowser against my Fox next time.lol

9. Agora (rob) - is it me or were you in a bit of a bad mood that day..... I hope im wrong but you always had a straight face with that "**** this" expression every time. Other then that, I did enjoy our game. and its always a pleasure to see you.

9. Hells (toonlink) - well well.lol you told me you wanted to start training again huh.lol I would love that. I always enjoyed fighting your Toon Lonk. Besides.....I do believe a lot more new players are joining us now...or at least it felt like it.lol

13. Kage (marth) - OK....here we have the best Melee ganon player joining our brawl community. I will NEVER underestimate you. You have SOOOO much potential to be good at this game. I hope to see you at future Brawl tourny's.

13. Tarextherex (yoshi) - man you are beast..... you play Yoshi VERY WELL. You were also able to have Strombert shake.lol keep it up man.

13. Mr. L (luigi) - wow.....you are the only person from Ontario that really surprised me. I hope to face you again.....you really got me working up during our match.lol

13. Mprime - Curse ice Climber ok...lol I really need to know that match-up. I hope to face you again soon.

17. Balus - hey there.lol... Im glad you came. Keep training that G&W man I know you can do better.

17. Victor - You have no idea how happy I was that you came. And hearing you say you wanted to go to another tourny was pretty awesosme.lol your G&W has potencial man, keep up the good work. I personally saw massive improvement on your part. :)

17. Nostalgic - I don't believe we played...but I do hope we do next time. Nice speaking with you for a short time though.lol

17. Vis-K - I don't know what it is about you but I want to see you again.lol maybe we could play together for longer too.

Didnt make it of pools

Dreecteur - I'm not sure if we played.....NeverTheLess, I do hope you will come to future tourny's.

Aecon - I don't think you and I played either.... but it would be nice to play eachother next time.

Cheet - we have't play either I believe... I hope you will also return at our future tourny's

Sheep (mario/luigi) - What happened man....lol I completely lost track of your matches...and we didn't even play eachother (other then our pool set).

Badsam (diddy kong) - oh hey your that guy who kept asking me random questions.lol I hope you can come to other tourny's too.

swordgard

Smash Hero
5. Swordgard (sheik) - something bothers me....and it's not your character (although thats a pain. lol). Maybe it's the fact your telling us that were barely getting better and we keep johning while you just quite Ice Climbers because you ****ed up in Toronto thanks to your worst nightmare.....METAKNIGHT. Aside from that... good **** anyway. Your Shiek is pretty good.
Lol.

I think somebody fails to understand my motivation. I stopped having fun with ice climbers. If I actually wanted to win or at least perform better vs ontario I would play them in friendlies to get my execution down to a much better level(since I am known for them epic tech skill chokes). Besides, I quit playing ics before techiyo's tournament(when I first started using my new tag), still played them but only for money. I am not salty at all about ontario, hell I was the first to make the "dat 1%" joke, and I didn't get ***** in any way(I fail to see how barely losing to the first in Ontario=get ***** lol). I lost to TO joe because he outplayed me(by 1% to be exact), and I got ***** by ally because I didn't upsmash(dat choke status), and they both deserved the set, no saltyness or rage.

But hey, feel free to try and strawman me by trying to make me look like I rage quit ice climbers when clearly this is not the case. You guys had about 2 years and have not made a single dent in the top 3 or any outstanding placing in ontario, I find that kind of disheartening. Besides, if I was to ragequit because I can't win, I would pick a better character instead, and I think its pretty clear which one that would be : D

PS: Holy, I can only hope that one day you stop hiding the truth and start speaking up once in a while. Quebec may be free at brawl, but your free at telling them that they are.

PPS: I have no problems with metaknight himself, only with the rules we make to keep him artificially in the game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya well the lack of proper motivation is probably the problem... how many of you actually travel to numerous tournaments? What do you play for? Why do you play??

On a sidenote... well if you really want me to, I could surpass everyone.. Whatever I set my mind to I can achieve it.. That's how I work.. =P

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
I, for one, definitely would want you to try that, Kage. We need some more action in here.

I'm sure you could be a great threat if you put more effort into the game.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ya well the lack of proper motivation is probably the problem... how many of you actually travel to numerous tournaments? What do you play for? Why do you play??

On a sidenote... well if you really want me to, I could surpass everyone.. Whatever I set my mind to I can achieve it.. That's how I work.. =P
Thats something they have to figure out, and thats a choice for you to make.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
1. Holynightmare (MK) Good ****
2. Stroumbert (Falco) yea good job for beating me with falcon but that will never happen again
3. Guard (fox) stop being gay
4. Darkshadow (kirby) nice match in friendly and congrats for your 4th place
5. Swordgard (sheik) sheik is not free for DK the mu is actually 55-45 for sheik and I never realy played a sheik before so yea dont act like if that was supposed to be a free win oh and ill take your pr spot eventualy
5. Techiyo (marth/mk) stop power sheilding my upsmash
7. Tim (snake) fun match in pools
7. Mar1 (DK/MK)
9. Googs (diddy kong) nice set
9. KingKong (mk) great tournement ill try to come to the next one
9. Hells (toonlink) GGs and good job for beating prime ics on fd
13. Kage (marth) those ganon ditto were realy fun
13. Mr. L (luigi) GGs
13. Mprime GGs nice snake

Sheep (mario/luigi) GGs nice to see a mario main
Badsam (diddy kong) GGs playing house of the dead with you was fun

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
1. Holynightmare (MK) - We didnt play but good job on 1st

2. Stroumbert (Falco) - Dem money matches, i might wanna redo that ganon vs DK one but other then that i don't wanna lose anymore money lol D=....can't wait for you to come to Ontario

3. Guard (fox) - Dude i was so surprised how well i did against you in our set, i shocked myself, i thought i was gunna get ***** after our friendlies at the ontario tourney, good stuff getting 3rd

4. Darkshadow (kirby) - Meta knight :@

5. Swordgard (sheik) - Thanks for the tips at your house, they certainly helped.

5. Techiyo (marth/mk) - Great set in mid tiers dude, i thought you had the comeback on me in the 3rd game <.<...i was getting scared

7. Mar1 (DK) - First time playing you, great DK

9. Googs (diddy kong) - I am disappoint, really thought you shoulda beaten DarkShadow. Thanks for the housing though

9. KingKong (mk) - Awesome tourney, hope to come down to Montreal again

9. Agora (rob) - Dat ROB, i really need to learn the match up, hope to play again

13. Tarextherex (yoshi) - Good **** almost beating Freebert

13. Mr. L (luigi) - 13th? you suck

17. Victor - Man that GnW really had me going, shame you couldnt do better in brackets

17. Nostalgic - The only other Luigi i've seen in Canada so far! Drop Oli & go all Luigi <.<

17. Vis-K - Oh how i hate the Marth MU with Luigi D=...Great matches though all of them were tight

nvm

Smash Apprentice
Why am I not in the brackets? Too gud for MTL? auheauheuaheuh. Just wait till I get a new job.

on a side note, Guard : yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Swordgard with those hype-killing responses.

We want the Warrior back, dang it!
Lol.. really?

I, for one, definitely would want you to try that, Kage. We need some more action in here.

I'm sure you could be a great threat if you put more effort into the game.
Well it's not entirely in my hands, everyone needs to take some part in it. I honestly wouldnt mind giving it a serious shot. What do you mean you need some more action? Well.. I think I would able to give some fire since I believe it's my purpose but it's not my choice if you don't follow through, I could show a door but it's up to the person to walk through it... in which not many do unfortunately lolll.. It's true also not everyone is destined to greatness. Let them gaze at the glory that is ahead of them forever... maybe...

Thats something they have to figure out, and thats a choice for you to make.
I think everyone still needs to figure it out since not many was able to taste total victory.

Top Bottom