• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Osu!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
"What is osu!?
osu! is a rhythm game based on the gameplay of a variety of popular commercial rhythm games. While aiming to keep authentic gameplay and scoring, osu! increases the epic factor through online rankings, multiplayer, replay exchange, and a huge community following. Also available is a fully functional built-in editor, allowing intuitive creation of your own beatmaps for the songs you want to play."

Yeah, it's pretty much ouendan/elite beat agents except it's free and for the pc. Pretty much how stepmania is to ddr, and how frets on fire is to guitar hero.

here's a gameplay vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0ErCNG97M&feature=player_embedded

Main site: http://osu.ppy.sh/
Download: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/download

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
This looks pretty interesting. :3c

Who's it made by? There are Touhou characters in the background of that video.
I have no idea who makes it, but the songs are all uploaded by the users. They make the beatmaps to any song, and then they upload it to the main site. It's mostly anime and touhou songs, though, because they're easy (and legal) to find for free.

It's like Elite Beat Agents, but you can play forever with an infinite amount of songs!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I pretty much stopped playing when it was clear that you lost if you didnt have a tablet.

I was an early adopter, though, and it's a great game, it's just very hard to rank with a mouse.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
But it isn't impossible! The video in the OP is with a mouse, lol.
That is a very, very tame track.

Also, he ranked in the 5000s.

EDIT: Not sayin its not fun without a tab, but I'm one of those Ouendan guys who's full 300'd every song in all three games, so the lack of speed and accuracy with a mouse drove me up the wall

But then, I did have a crappy mouse with no dpi back then.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That is a very, very tame track.

Also, he ranked in the 5000s.

EDIT: Not sayin its not fun without a tab, but I'm one of those Ouendan guys who's full 300'd every song in all three games, so the lack of speed and accuracy with a mouse drove me up the wall

But then, I did have a crappy mouse with no dpi back then.
Well... you're right about it being tame. I'm still in the phase of everything about 4.5 stars looking impossible. XD

But yeah, I get what you're saying. EBA is just too fun on a touch screen.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'll have to give this a try.

EBA was good, but I can understand why a game like this would be difficult to play on a mouse.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'll have to give this a try.

EBA was good, but I can understand why a game like this would be difficult to play on a mouse.
It's really, really weird for a while, lol, but once you set the sensitivity settings just right, your mouse feels like an extension of your arm. It's hard to describe, haha.

Also, turn off Mouse acceleration ("increase precision" in windows options). It really messes you up.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol I still have the #1 score for green gardens. The games a lot of fun. As far as the whole tablet thing goes why are you taking Osu! so seriously in the first place?

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
Osu is alot of fun i recommended for people to play it :D

Top Bottom