• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors March 19, 2011 Monthly - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Doubles

1: Whitebear Moneyshot (KillLock + SuPeRbOoM) ($84.00) :metaknight: :snake: :marth:
2: Toothpicks Skilled the of Dinner Team (Alphicans + Frio) ($42.00) :gw: :pikachu2: :olimar:
3: Twosome (Arsenal + Fiji) ($14.00) :metaknight: :snake:
4: Mustard (Cathy + T-block) :ness2: :pt:
5: Team Dinner of the Skilled Toothpicks (Yoshara + Limee) :wolf: :metaknight:
5: Pain in the lower... (Diminisht + Chaos) :marth: :falco:
7: 1.5 Brown (Fuad and Brown) :ike: :marth:

Singles Pools

Pool 1
Alphicans
T-block
Dragonz
Brown

Pool 2
Frio
Fiji
Lime
brningpyre

Pool 3
SuperBoom
Arsenal
Yoshara
Fuad

Pool 4
Diminisht
KillLock
Chaos

Singles Bracket

1: SuperBoom ($90.00) :metaknight:
2: KillLock ($45.00) :marth: :snake: :metaknight:
3: Fiji ($15.00) :metaknight: :wario: :snake:
4: Alphicans :falco: :gw: :metaknight:
5: T-block :pt:
5: Arsenal :metaknight: :peach:
7: Diminisht :marth: :olimar: :gw:
7: Frio :pikachu2: :olimar:
9: Chaos :falco: :marth:
9: Dragonz :marth:
9: Limeee :metaknight: :marth:
9: Yoshara :wolf:
13: Fuad :ike:
13: brningpyre :wario:
13: Brown :marth:

Livestream was up at http://www.livestream.com/brningpyre, and the videos will be posted soon to the CanadaBrawl Youtube channel.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
First! That's a first.. never done that before.

Keith I definitely played Oli and G&W in bracket. Probably just as much as I played marth. Thanks bud.

P.S. Keith does the livestream, sets up vids, and posts the results thread, IMO he gets promoted to one of the TOs.

T-block

B2B TST
I fully consider Keith as a co-host.

Cathy and I were pure Ness/PT.

@Cathy: Still amazing in doubles
@Jack: Good times... don't tell me our sets aren't more fun when you don't go Snake. At least there's some sense of accomplishment.
@Alvin: Pretty cool MM (and good **** in bracket) - step it up and we'll do it again; I still have tricks in this matchup =P
@Luke: HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER
@Ash: Grats on first in pools... would have been interesting if I ran into you in bracket while not playing Diddy
@Mark: I'm sorry lol - I wasn't purposely sandbagging in friendlies...just wasn't bothering to be all that careful. You didn't actually think that me at my best was running into every single up-b, did you? -_-
@Mike: 235%... pretty cool turtle imo ^_^
@Fuad: Nice meeting you... usually I'm a better host and I'd try to get some games in with you, but I was pretty excited to be back in Edmonton lol. From the brief conversation we had you seemed cool, and I'm glad to hear you're thinking about sticking around.
@Brown: Good to finally meet you as well. Looks like you've already improved a lot from the first vids I saw of you ;D
@David and Tyler: MELEEEEEEEEEEEE... I wish I could play more

@Everyone: I get to choose what Brandon uses as an avatar for a while. Now taking suggestions.

Going all PT made this tournament feel a lot different. For one, I wasn't feeling like quitting Brawl by the end of the day, which is always a good thing. I actually had a lot of fun... might have to drop Diddy entirely =o

I FORGOT TO POLL INTEREST IN GENESIS. I'll probably take this to the actual thread.

lilseph

Smash Ace
What was the side event? I stopped watching after Dan won singles.

T-block

B2B TST
Meh...sandbagging to me means more playing badly on purpose - I was just being lazy. In other words, I wasn't playing badly against your MK in friendlies with the intent of beating it in bracket.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
yea keith is definitely a co-host! 3 people co-hosting to bring you guys smash

i went all marth in doubles (double marth ftw, though i think we could've done much better ash, ah well)
also i went marth AND falco in singles (mostly falco though)

@Mike: 235%... pretty cool turtle imo ^_^

Going all PT made this tournament feel a lot different. For one, I wasn't feeling like quitting Brawl by the end of the day, which is always a good thing. I actually had a lot of fun... might have to drop Diddy entirely =o
effing squirtle the tank, haha i shouldn't have taken you to Japes. Mike ur PT was soooooo good yesterday, on a much higher level than it used to be imo

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Yo Maiko, I'm 95% sure I saw Cathy using G&W in doubles.

To everybody, awesome freakin' tourney, I had a blast. I'm gonna have to actually practice now, or Alvin's gonna leave me in the dust.

Jamie, I love ya, bro.

I recommend this for Brandon:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
First time dropping a set to either of the twins... In such a dirty way too. I guess it was bound to happen, I vs both of them every tournament lol.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
hey kelvin, stop doing better with peach than your mk vs me lol
yea.. he's gotta play someone else, otherwise u will **** him in mk dittos (which did happen in game 2). learn the MU u scrub lol

and luke... kelvin knows the falco MU better than me since i play falco sometimes. honestly, kelvin knows more MU's than i do

lol he thought u went game GW in game 1, and took u to FD while u were actually falco. i guess it worked out for him/mindgamed

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol idk if he knows it better than you, cause in the past it has seemed to be about the same difficulty (infact I'd say you've coming closer to beating me than him). I'd say he's better at the gaw match-up for sure, although his win didn't exactly showcase that lol.

It doesn't help that I SD'd game 1 either >___>. johns blah blah blah.

T-block

B2B TST
harhar

btw luke, there's a replay on your wii that i need you to send me. it's a doubles match on smashville with marth/dedede against peach/?

T-block

B2B TST
...well then it could have been, since we had a TV off the entire time ._.

who's wii was behind the recording setup then? closest to the whiteboard, on the recording setup side of the room

Frio

Smash Champion
lol, that's my Wii. All I can say is GL. I'll try to get it to you but there's a 90% chance I'll forget. Plus I'm gonna be at the U all week studying for a midterm

Top Bottom