• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gallaxfest 3 (3/19/2011)

gallax

Smash Hero
Gallaxfest 3
3/19/2011
5$ Entry Per Person Per Event

Doubles

1: Something Awesome ($50-Split) - Gallax/Gindler :snake:/:metaknight: + :wario:
2: 2Gud4ThreevThree's ($50-Split) - Raz/Kyon :metaknight: + :peach:
3: HiiFeeZee ($11.00)- 2DJeff/Solo :popo:/:metaknight: + :wario:
4: We Rep the Middle of Nowhere- Dtorr/Xdeath :zerosuitsamus: + :metaknight:
5: Purple Parrots- Kevin/Chris
5: Kiss me Bro- Mink/Sax :zerosuitsamus:/ :ganondorf: + :metaknight:
7: Sinking Ship- Bryan/Kyle
7: Mr. Freeze- Kuro/2Pro :snake: + :snake:
9: Rainbow Dance Experience
9: The New Guys
9: Hacks R' Us

Bracket Image

Singles

1: Gallax ($42.50) :metaknight: :pikachu2: :marth:
2: Kyon ($42.50) :peach:
3: 2D-Jeff($17) :popo:
4: XDeath ($5) :metaknight:
5: Solo :wario:
5: Radix :diddy: :snake:
7: D-Torr :zerosuitsamus:
7: Mink :zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff:
9: FatB@stard :wario:

Bracket Image

Eliminated from Second Round of Pools(In no particular order)

Pesticide
Moonshine
Sax
Xyz
MegaMan
Kuro

Eliminated from First Round of Pools(In no particular order)

Matt
Justin
Alex
Kyle
Chris
Pat
Brian
2Pro

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey don't forget i used puff. I used her in pools.
But uh, Good stuff man, i had fun. The 2 rounds of pools made it much more enjoyable. Maximum matches, defintely well run too. I'd come back for sure. I need some more Training i guess, 7th isn't good enough for me.

Shoutouts to come later.

ALSO.
in doubles i used Ganon. Ganon - Metaknight too good.

gallax

Smash Hero
Fix'd For ya.

Ima do shoutouts in a bit :p

Gallax: Stop missing your thunder kills

Kyon: Good stuff man. Sorry for putting action in your pool R1. Gotta let me know next time so i can fix that.

2D-Jeff: Apk is rising quick. You're doin very well now. Keep it up.

Xdeath: Diddy=your best MU possibly? Haha. You wrecked here nicely. Good wins against dtorr and radiX.

Solo: I know that wario fight very well. Lee Martin taught me then gindler helped me practice. Stay with it buddy. You will get me eventually.

radiX: Get better scrub and stop doing the same thing over and over and over. Lrn2change.

D-Torr: Winning cures everything. Just win it all next time.

Mink: AAHHHH!!!!!!! Minksters you done well. I see improvement but i also see more room to improve. One week at a time though.

FatB: Yup. legit wario for sure.

Megaman: Thanks for comin, your def a good player.

Sax: Lemme show you the ways of MK brotha. Just hit me up.

2Pro: You should come over more so i can teach you the ways of snake. You're primed to learn the advanced stuff now. I really liked what i saw with the fluidity of your snake, but you were making nub errors that you may not even realize, which cost you your match vs FatB@stard. Hit me me up on aim or text whenever dude.

Kuro: Same thign applies to you as it applies to 2Pro. Another thing, practice without camping. Start using nades and arrows as a setup for pressuring and forcing movement instead of just camping. You will get better if you begin practicing this way.

Moonshine: Thanks for showing up man. Next time dont pick kirby against the IC's. Its one of the best MU's.

Pesticide: Almsot made it out of pools!!! So close. Good oli though. Need to learn to use fair more, trust me. I play fear a lot and hes mastered the use of fair, and its mad good.

Xyz: Too bad you had to leave man. It woulda been interesting to see how you woulda placed.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Winning isn't the problem. I lost to 2DJeff because he was better than me yesterday. I'm not gonna make excuses.

I'm mad that I had to play Kyon second round in bracket for the 4th tourney in 2 months. ESAM put us against each other second round (although he apologized), but that was inexcusable. This is no different. I didn't pay $5 to play the person that takes me to tourneys and one of 3 people I regularly play against.

Last Gallaxfest I got 17th losing to NickRiddle second round and then Afro three matches later. I feel so much better about my 17th there than my 7th place here. That was a much more enjoyable tourney experience than this past tourney.

But you know what, it's OK Gallax. If everyone else in CFL likes pools and feels they gain stuff out of it, then that's good. Like I told you, you're stepping up and making CFL stronger one tourney at a time.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Winning isn't the problem. I lost to 2DJeff because he was better than me yesterday. I'm not gonna make excuses.

I'm mad that I had to play Kyon second round in bracket for the 4th tourney in 2 months. ESAM put us against each other second round (although he apologized), but that was inexcusable. This is no different. I didn't pay $5 to play the person that takes me to tourneys and one of 3 people I regularly play against.

Last Gallaxfest I got 17th losing to NickRiddle second round and then Afro three matches later. I feel so much better about my 17th there than my 7th place here. That was a much more enjoyable tourney experience than this past tourney.

But you know what, it's OK Gallax. If everyone else in CFL likes pools and feels they gain stuff out of it, then that's good. Like I told you, you're stepping up and making CFL stronger one tourney at a time. Just know that I'm not apart of that everyone.
aye i hate pools also but dont quit on us like that. well dont leave us hanging in tourneys like we enjoy your company d-torr dont leave! :(

Gindler

Smash Champion
You meant you don't like pools right? That certainly made not getting wrecked an easier decision for me.

Still a good tourney, I enjoyed teams n such (wasn't carried as much as I'm used to). Missed all of singles though which was a first (damn work)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
4: XDeath ($5) :metaknight: - Wow good job your MK is getting to be a force. NICE win on radix! when i get back in town i would love help with the mk mu.

7: Mink :zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff: - hey you played good 2 weeks in a row getting 7-8th good **** mk is a ***** cant wait for that nub academy coming up.

Sax - i am very shocked to see that you did not make it out of pools.

Xyz - you would have done work who did you beat in pools?

Kuro - did you go snake pit marth or falco?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Good **** to everyone. New peeps keep coming out. Jeff man i watched ur replays and good **** bro. ****in beastin with those grab openings.

@Sax/Nick Bro you got this ****. Keep it up.
@Solo didnt really see u play much but good ****
@2pro learn to use that right move at the right time. That cost you your game with dtorr. We'll work on our teaming more. We were doing work but you got killed way to fast which cost us in the end.
@Kyon Lol i had fun~ hanging/talkin to u bro. Always a pleasure indeed.
@Gallax thanks for bein pretty patient with me and tony last night lmao. Good tourney keep it up.
@Dtorr dont quit on us QQ :)
@Xdeath i dont see how tony can do good against afro and seibrik and get ***** by you i find that hilarious. Good **** Xdeath. Keep training so u can beat 2d-jeff :troll: we should team sometime.
@Gindz YOUR SO TINYYYYY!!!!!
@Radix always a pleasure man. Keep with diddy lmfao you gotta learn IC eventually :troll:

I played way worse than usual. I need to work on my ****in consistency. *looks at gallax*
Got ***** by people i usually go even with. *sigh*

An extra shoutout to kyon for letting me use his controller in our pool at least <3.

Im probably gonna have to buy one from play asia or something :(
@Viper i went all 4+mk at some point or another cuz i was so salty/pissed with what was happening.f

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Gindler. I'll be at your place, 5:30.
Wait for me.
No excuses.

1: Gallax ($42.50) - Thanks for all the training man. I need to get better though. I thought i knew the MK matchup rather well, but i made a few key mistakes that cost me the match. And diddy practice would be good. Overall, really good stuff man, getting first in both, good work man.
2: Kyon ($42.50) - KYON! IT's awesome seeing you. It's always fun watching a good peach. Good job with second place. :D
3: 2D-Jeff($17) - Good job getting third and beating Xdeath.
4: XDeath ($5) - Man, you're metaknight's tough. I don't know about this "Zero Suit Slayer" Nonsense.... but wait til next time :D
5: Solo - Good job man! It's always good seeing you up there. We need to practice together more.
5: Radix - Pools were fun. We need to practice more.
7: D-Torr - Our Dittos were fun man. I learned alot from you. I don't think i should have won game 2 on rainbow. But trying to win game 3 was probably one of the hardest matches i played this tournament. i wanted to win so BAD!!!
9: FatB@stard - You're wario's pretty annoying man, good job. Hahaha. It still owes me a dollar from when i beat you with :jigglypuff:

Sax - Our team was too nasty. We DO need to team more. Ganon/MK too good. And you're SO Good at saving your teammates. Good **** man.

Kuro- You seemed out of your zone since you arrived. I'm sure it was just a funk. Can't wait to play next time.

2pro - You're getting better man. I want to play you in the future! We need to play more. Stop random Dacusing.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Felt a nice rush playing in a tourney again.... Srry I had to leave early. I def want to enter the next tourney.

SAX

Smash Ace
4: XDeath ($5) :metaknight: - Wow good job your MK is getting to be a force. NICE win on radix! when i get back in town i would love help with the mk mu.

7: Mink :zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff: - hey you played good 2 weeks in a row getting 7-8th good **** mk is a ***** cant wait for that nub academy coming up.

Sax - i am very shocked to see that you did not make it out of pools.

Xyz - you would have done work who did you beat in pools?

Kuro - did you go snake pit marth or falco?
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed.
I beat jeff and moonshine in pools, then lost to exdeath and dtorr.
Me and dtorr had a rematch to see who would go though and he just outplayed me.
I need MU exp against the ditto and zss baddddddddd =(

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed.
I beat jeff and moonshine in pools, then lost to exdeath and dtorr.
Me and dtorr had a rematch to see who would go though and he just outplayed me.
I need MU exp against the ditto and zss baddddddddd =(
your the only one that could beat me to lol

Toneh

Smash Lord
Another good tourney mike, so much EXP at this. We'll make it run a little faster with 6-7 setups next time instead of 5.

Mink, I'll try and stop by this week if your going to mikes place.

Gallax - Mind reader
Kyon - I watched our match again, too funny.
Exdeath - You got better. Another Mk on my hit list
Sax - Forgot to do friendlies. Next time.
Moonshine - Keep that name lol
Kuro - Stole my tri-wing :troll:
Pesticide, Megaman, Trick - Keep coming out you guys are improving.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Another good tourney mike, so much EXP at this. We'll make it run a little faster with 6-7 setups next time instead of 5.

Mink, I'll try and stop by this week if your going to mikes place.

Gallax - Mind reader
Kyon - I watched our match again, too funny.
Exdeath - You got better. Another Mk on my hit list
Sax - Forgot to do friendlies. Next time.
Moonshine - Keep that name lol
Kuro - Stole my tri-wing :troll:
Pesticide, Megaman, Trick - Keep coming out you guys are improving.
lololol ya i found it in my pocket last night XD. Ill fix my controller and give it back. Prolly at nll.

pesticide

Smash Lord
Had a lot of fun here. I also liked being able to play more sets vs good players in pools compared to normal bracket.

I still got a lot of improving to do too. I felt I was playing well some in some sets (shoulda beat solo in 1st round pool) and just plain crappy in others (xdeath, kyon whooped me lol) so I need to get more consistent I guess

side note: of the 7 sets I played in pools, I played vs wario in 3 of them haha

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Haha. I got D-torr first round in pools and in bracket...
I was like, Mike man, whatchu doin'?!

But the dittos were fun, i thought he actually was going to go lucario at first, but D-torr's a real man.

Thanks for helping me out again D-torr. Great matches. You're an awesome guy.

Gindler

Smash Champion
No teams replays were recorded were they? Figured I'd "study" what works and what doesn't...or something

Exdeath

Smash Master
ZSS/Snake/Wario/Falco everywhere.

Meta Knight is under-used in Florida.

True story.

EVERYONE WHO HAD A WII AT THIS TOURNAMENT:
Copy your Wii replays to your SD card, upload the replays (will be listed as RP in your private folder IIRC) and .gct file (will be in codes IIRC) to mediafire or sendspace and PM me the link. I will start uploading tournament matches tomorrow afternoon (it's going to take a while to get everything -- there should be 100+ matches saved from what I saw).

Shout outs when I'm not late to class.

Top Bottom