• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is my thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I put a lot of thought into it and it brings a good read to the table. The only logical reason to close it maybe would be that it is in the wrong section and should be moved. But im pretty sure its in the right section. Re-open it or jusitify your reason for closing it cuz that was jus bs.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I have made a thread on forum support, and then was asked to pm the person who closed it. I still have had no response after my pm. I don't see why all the moderators have just avoided answering the question and just let the person who closed it handled it when he is not being responsive.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Seriously? I can't get a reply for more than 2 hours now? God I don't understand who puts these moderators in charge because clearly the system is garbage.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
It was me.
jk

I'm pretty sure the reason why your thread got locked is because the mods were trying to avoid a Brawl vs. Melee debate. Those get ugly quick.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
if you wouldve read the whole thing, only the 1st paragraph really refers to melee, and at the end of that paragraph it says this is not a melee vs brawl discussion.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
if you wouldve read the whole thing, only the 1st paragraph really refers to melee, and at the end of that paragraph it says this is not a melee vs brawl discussion.
I know but that doesn't stop other people from debating about Melee vs. Brawl in your thread. Smashboards doesn't like Melee vs. Brawl debates and they'll usually lock a thread if they foresee a debate like that.

Djent

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if it's a "Melee vs. Brawl" thread or not. The second you make any comparison between the two titles, Melee players will arrive and make it into a MvB thread. :embarrass:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well what i posted in forum support was

Why was my thread closed?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299944

This was the thread. I put a lot of thought into it and I don't understand why it was closed. The only thing i could think of is that perhaps it was in the wrong section. But I don't think it is, is it? If it is then move it to the correct section.

If that not being the case, then why was this closed? Who ever closed it did not explain as to why they closed it, it is just randomly closed. It gave a good discussion and analyzed the current metagame, it was not a melee vs brawl thread at all or anything dumb like that.

My answer from Crimson King:

PM Ankoku. He was the mod who closed it.

I even proceeded to PM him. nothing was done.

Clearly nothing was done, instead my question dodged once again. It appears this forum is too ******** and it is not possible to have an intelligent discussion on SWF.

n88

Smash Lord
Amazingly, even mods have lives outside of these forums, and you shouldn't expect instant replies. And, although your intent may not have been to stir up a Melee vs Brawl flamewar, your thread pretty much invited someone to come start one, hence it was closed.

(User Blogs may have been a better place for it, but it also may have been closed there as well. I would check with Ankoku before you just go and post it over there)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I cant check with Ankoku because he doesnt respond LOL. He has time to close it but doesnt have time to re-open it when i reply to him almost 5-10 min afterwards. Nor does he have time to re-open it hours later. And im sure any moderator on here can just override his actions, or is his actions Law?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I would, in fact, like my actions to be Law. I think I ended up closing your thread based on a post report, though.

I've been out all day after having lunch, sorry. I'll make sure my next Sunday is completely free, just for you. <3

Anyway, the thread will be re-opened for now. I expect you to keep things civil in there.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Thank you for re-opening it. Next time though, I would advise you to give a logical explanation to whomever threads you close before actually closing it.

You may proceed to close this thread w/o a logical explanation ;)

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Lucky Star all over my monitor... I'm ok with this.

Good to see your issue got resolved =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom