• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I won the International Family Film Festival.--NOW WITH YOUTUBE LINK!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Link to original post: [drupal=4098]I won the International Family Film Festival.[/drupal]

Those of you who read my last blog know I skipped WHOBO to attend the International Family Film Festival, where my short animated screenplay "Grizzly" was a finalist. Today was the day, and I've got big news:

"Grizzly" took home first place out of 500 entrants.

It was acted out my professional improv comedy actors in front of a live audience, who absolutely rolled during the performance. It was utterly amazing to see my work being acted out before my eyes, and to see the audience absolutely loving it.

A handful of the other winners approached me afterwards, and they all couldn't believe this was my first screenplay. Everyone said my sense of comedic timing was perfect, and they can't wait to see it animated in the future. I was the youngest screenwriter by 25 years. The other finalist in my category? A married couple in their sixties who were finalists in three categories. I'm still pinching myself.

First out of freaking 500 people. I've always thought how cool it would be to win a Brawl tournament as Bowser, but man...this is something else entirely. I'm 100% confident in my decision to miss WHOBO for IFFF.

Now I can't wait to get my feature script cranked out--I'm halfway done now. Which reminds me--minor plug time--I'm going to start using my group Zigsta Films more to get general opinions on characters and plot points of my first animated feature, Gate. This week I'll start posting new characters bios as well as a general outline of the film. Even if you feel you're not a writer or a film buff, I'd love your opinion. I want this film to be a film everyone and anyone can enjoy.

To all my Smash friends, The Green Gator's back. I'm stronger than ever, baby.

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA7f0nd8ZeI

clowsui

Smash Legend
Great job, Zigsta! =D Glad to see that your decision didn't end up regrettable. Is there any chance we could see a copy of Grizzly?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Great job, Zigsta! =D Glad to see that your decision didn't end up regrettable. Is there any chance we could see a copy of Grizzly?
My buddy recorded the entire performance on my iPhone--I'll upload it to Youtube tonight. I'm also more than happy to send a PDF of the screenplay (8 pages) to anyone who'd like to read it.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Congrats, Zigsta!!! That's awesome!
I'm curious to see the screenplay :o I always like a good read

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's wonderful, Zigsta. My hats off to you.

Also, I've taken a liking to Bowser's playstyle. Dittos will ensue.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't even know you, but read your blogs.

Good stuff.

(thumbsup)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
One step closer to being a rich, cigar-smoking, mustachioed man.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Absolutely amazing, Chris! I totally need to see that screenplay.

What did you get for winning besides major recognition? >.>

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Congrats, ziggy. If for some reason you can't get it up on YT, please please please send me the screenplay.

How do you subscribe to bloggers?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lmfao, every single thread im subbed to has gravitated towards this. Bio put it in earlier today. A few hours before this post.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Could you send me the whole screenplay, zig?

I didn't realize
It would only be one scene.
I'd like to read more.

So, just to get this straight, that's a script for an animated short, and they just acted it out for everyone?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So, just to get this straight, that's a script for an animated short, and they just acted it out for everyone?
Yeah, all the finalists for every category had a scene acted out in front of a live audience by professional improv comedy actors. It was really, really fun.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Great job Zigsta! That's an insane accomplishment. I joined your group "Zigsta Films" if you're going to start using that again. I'm a big movie buff so I'd love to help you out if possible.

Top Bottom