• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rotunda 2.0 - Marth 19th 2011 - Burnaby BC, Canada RESULTS!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
1v1 Singles (top 8)

1. Sion (Falco)
2. Dieslow (Fox, Marth, and Falco)
3. BO10 (Falco)
4. Meta (Jigglypuff)
5. Bwmat (Fox)
5. Booshk (Marth)
7. Daze (Peach and Ganondorf)
7. Tahsis (Falco + Fox)

People who didn't make it into bracket from swiss..

Rusty (Sheik and Ice Climbers)
Noobking (Captain Falcon)
Edgeluca (Marth and Sheik)
Deap (Falco, Jigglypuff, and Fox)
Mike (Falco)
Geist (Samus)

2v2 teams

1. Hitsugaya + Sion
2. Meta + Tahsis
3. Blunted_Object10 + NoobKing
4. Rusty + Bwmat
5. Deap + Edgeluca

GG's everyone! Happy with the set ups, but more people need to come! :p

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
wish I came earlier to enter now >_<

gg'z all, mm's next time to those who challenged me. I had so much johns this day serious.

booshk

Smash Lord
first of all IM SO SORRY WILL! :c
lol i txted manuel right when i woke up too late to tell him to tell u i wasnt gunna make it for teams and then like later he was like 'not there dawg' n i was like shiet... lol and when eric called me i told him to tell u :/

GG's all!! swiss was .. interesting. it seemed like some people had really easy pools and some people had hard pools iunno if thats how it's supposed to go down but yeah

and yakal u played a match of falco vs me! :p

Violence

Smash Lord
How exactly did you guys run this Swiss?

People aren't supposed to have harder pools than other people, that's exactly what Swiss is designed to avoid. If you win, you play harder people, if you lose, you play easier people.

booshk

Smash Lord
That's what we did

whoever said that doesn't know what they're talking about, it's just BC is lacking scrubs now so yah
yeah, i dont
i'm just salty i had to play eric tony sion then eric again but that's cause there were so lil entrants :o

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Trusty Clutchlefurd needs more Terry-Yakal sauce to win the next one. Gives me super comeback power, yo.
LMFAO.

How exactly did you guys run this Swiss?

People aren't supposed to have harder pools than other people, that's exactly what Swiss is designed to avoid. If you win, you play harder people, if you lose, you play easier people.
lol nope, I played in THIS order... Rusty, Dieslow, Meta, Tahsis. Win, Loss, Loss, Loss.

If that's in descending order of skill, I'm a rapist. :awesome:

Violence

Smash Lord
... Did you guys... seed your swiss?

Wait what? Under no circumstances will you ever have to play the same person twice, that defeats the whole purpose of a Swiss...

... I guess I'm going to the next tournament and running this thing.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
... Did you guys... seed your swiss?

Wait what? Under no circumstances will you ever have to play the same person twice, that defeats the whole purpose of a Swiss...

... I guess I'm going to the next tournament and running this thing.
Nobody played the same person twice; where are you getting that from? (See Edit)

I think the biggest problem was it was a small group, about 80% of the entrants were around the same skill level, and the number of people who entered just happened to make it so that each group in every round often had an odd number of people, so there were a lot of instances of people with 1 win going against a guy with 2 wins, or 0 vs guy with 1 and so on.

Edit: Just saw what booshk said; pretty sure he's mistaken. Maybe he's thinking of playing Eric in the bracket, which would be likely since he came out low in the swiss. I personally checked the swiss list to make sure nobody played the same person twice.

booshk

Smash Lord
sorry for being ambiguous. i played yakal, matt, dieslow, eric in swiss pools. then i played sion, yakal, and eric in bracket. just saying i had to play hard ppl a lot :c

the swiss was run fine.. just like rusty said just a lot of people around the same skill level

Violence

Smash Lord
I see. I suppose that with around 16 people anyways, there's no reason to not just make it a double elim bracket. Next time we have 20+ people, let's try Swiss again and see how things go.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah I gotta say running swiss bracket at this event was a bad idea. Sorry to anyone who had an unfair bracket. We really tried to make it work, but there was a lot of uncertainty. I still think it's worth trying it again though, even after what happened at this event.

I at least have a better understanding of how it works though. I'm considering implementing this at SFU62. If people want to just do regular pools though, I'll just go with that.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
since smash is dying its a good idea, sfu2 is only gonna have like max entrants of like 20 pple. swiss wont take that long. cheers

bi evan

Top Bottom