• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

House of Mouse!--NOW WITH TWITTER PAGE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

HOUSE OF MOUSE

After years of nearly all of Austin johning about the Austin area having NO venue and/or being too lazy and/or busy to actually find a venue, the ever-so-kind Slate has found a suitable venue for us...and possibly a monthly venue!

Address:
Underground Games
302 University Drive
San Marcos, TX

Registration begins at 11 AM. The tournament kicks off at 12 PM.

Fees:
$5 venue fee
$10 singles
$10 doubles
$5-10 side event (if time)

Side event will either be LT singles, LT doubles, or Waseda-style crews. What's Waseda-style crews? Glad you asked!

MrEh said:
Basically, both teams decide who they want to send out first. The two players who get chosen have to play a set. Then, the remaining two players play a set. If you're tied at one win each, then the winners play a set.

It's a really fun side event. Especially if you're character-locked and the teams are random. It encourages people to adapt quickly to unfamiliar teammates, and there's strategy involved in deciding who goes first and whatnot.
If you'd like to play a particular side event, cast your vote in here. If we have time, we'll run the side event as well. I will NOT run mid tier because Bowser isn't mid tier.

Payouts for all events:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Rules:

- 3 Stock.
- 8 Minute Time Limit.
- Items are set to "off" and "none".
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage..
- Standing Infinites are banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his side-B and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to Ganondorf's side-B.
- Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing to prevent interference and preserve battery life.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match.
- Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as "The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable." Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling.
- Hazing is punishable by DQ (shouting or yelling to disrupt the other player).
- No pausing in the middle of a game unless given permission by the other player.
- All legal infinites must end once the affected character exceeds 300% damage.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- LEDGE GRAB LIMIT WILL BE IN PLACE. 35 for Meta Knight; 50 for all other characters.

Specific rules:

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

For teams, Team Attack is ON and Share Stock is allowed.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Stage Striking

For game 1 of each match, the player or team with port priority must strike three stages from the list of starter stages. The other player or team then strikes 4 stages from the list of starter stages. Then the first player chooses the game 1 stage from the remaining starter stages.

Starter Stages:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island: Brawl
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Lylat Cruise
- Halberd
- Castle Seige
- Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages:
- Brinstar
- Frigate Orpheon
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Pictochat

Housing:
Zigsta--5-8 people 985-718-8984
Slate--5-8 people 979-541-9836

As far as housing goes, I live about 40 minutes from the venue. Slate lives in San Marcos, so he's much closer.

If you need housing, contact either Slate or myself.

If anyone else from Austin can house, let me know ASAP.

FOLLOW ON TWITTER AT: http://twitter.com/Zigsta_film

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Reserved for additional tournament information, if needed.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
!

I had this date booked like 4 weeks ago. As s :glare:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Good thing this is next weekend ^

I vote for Waseda Style Crews, with random teams, and character locks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I forgot where I did this type of crew battle, but it involved a board game of sorts where depending on your tier, you could only move certain amount of spaces. There were spots like "pirate ship" or "banana item". I thought it was pretty neat and funny.

Reizilla

I forgot where I did this type of crew battle, but it involved a board game of sorts where depending on your tier, you could only move certain amount of spaces. There were spots like "pirate ship" or "banana item". I thought it was pretty neat and funny.
PBT? I remember Kirby Kid doing something like that one time.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
It sucks because we have a tourney the same day as this here in SA, but if that one doesn't follow through, I'll be organizing a carpool to this. <3 ATX (San Marcos is cool too).

If you'd like to play a particular side event, cast your vote in here. If we have time, we'll run the side event as well. I will NOT run mid tier because Bowser isn't mid tier.
I still vote MT singles or doubles. :troll:

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I just realized that our tourney is on Friday (April 1st), but I still doubt anyone will want to go (back-to-back tourneys and all). I will still try to organize a carpool for it. <3

Reizilla

Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Sounds like a fair trade to me :awesome:

Zigsta, be a pal. Come on, mayne. From one WHOBO-misser to another? No? :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What are you talking about, Big Boss?

The St. Mary's tournament is only gonna be like, $8, and it's ending early (it has to) on the Friday before this tournament.

We could use it as a warm up tournament before San Marcos.

I'm totally ready for that.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about, Big Boss?

The St. Mary's tournament is only gonna be like, $8, and it's ending early (it has to) on the Friday before this tournament.

We could use it as a warm up tournament before San Marcos.

I'm totally ready for that.
Well, I know you are -- and I am. I just wasn't sure if a lot of the SA players would be (being SA and all). I can still organize a carpool no problem then. :D

Suspect

Smash Hero
About how far is san marcos from SA? I forgot

Depending what time this starts and the distance, I may just drive myself and leave once im eliminated from singles.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's literally about a thirty minute drive, Suspect.
If you're Pyledriver, even less.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I want to do Waseda-style crews. Sounds fun if the teams would be chosen at random.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Random team Waseda-style side event with character locks.
That would be awesome.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I know its less for pyledriver, he always went out there to see his boo.

30min i can probably turn into 22 min. Sounds gud

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
About how far is san marcos from SA? I forgot

Depending what time this starts and the distance, I may just drive myself and leave once im eliminated from singles.
You drive through it to get to Austin. It's like maybe 40-50 minutes from SA. It's like the half-way town between SA and ATX

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
So far, SA has 1 carpool confirmed for this (myself, KoN!, K Prime, Tofer, and Paw). I'm sure Nike will organize one later including Espy and 2-3 others.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom