• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 12 FMP Fumoffu!: Game over!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ask him if he'll be able to post, he seems ridiculously busy atm, and I don't want to add to the load.
I'll be fine as long as the game doesn't start tomorrow. I just have a midterm to study for that I'm taking tomorrow and after that I'll be good to go.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Can I join as a newbie?

Also I have no idea what this flavour is.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Was this going to be a closed or open setup?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Hey, if you guys still need another IC (I think I saw that the third playerslot is for an IC) then I'll be willing to fill it if no one else is.

However, if there is anyone else who wants to IC and hasn't before then go on and put them over me in the list.

In any case, good luck newbies!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We only need one more SE and one more newbie to sign up and then me and Adumb can get everything registered and ready for all of you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Correction, we only need a noobie then lol.

Adumb needs to update his list so I can update mine D=

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
^That's a bad plan. You don't teach a child how to ride a bike by letting them sit in your lap while you ride a bike and talking about it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No hydras, sorry, teaching hydras are useful in normal games, but in newbie games it's rather pointless. Also, the slots you guys would fit in are taken atm.

Also, point of teaching hydra is that the person you're teaching rides the bike and you advise.

Adum the set-up better be simplish and not too flavour reliant.

confirming my in btw
Of course not lol, don't worry, roles were drawn from acceptable roles in normal games in mafiascum's guidelines, and chosen to make a balanced setup that wouldn't confuse newbies. Flavor, while suiting the game, will be a side event (honestly, I was gonna go for no flavor but J wanted flavor).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, point of teaching hydra is that the person you're teaching rides the bike and you advise.
There's no such thing as a teaching hydra. Hydras that include good players are going to receive a stupid amount of scrutiny regardless of whatever declaration the player makes about teaching. That's not a helpful environment for a new player.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Mhmm bland games are boring imo and just no fun at all plus every game run here has some sort of flavour regardless of what it is nowadays with some special games that do not (i.e. Rusty Guillotine) and learning to play with some flavour is good for newbie games even though they will have to learn not to get flavour crazy. (I.e. Zelda Mafia, Mario Mafia for flavour newbie games)

Adumb picked out the flavour and now he has me watching the series. Already 1/4 of the way done so I'll be done today. =o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There's no such thing as a teaching hydra. Hydras that include good players are going to receive a stupid amount of scrutiny regardless of whatever declaration the player makes about teaching. That's not a helpful environment for a new player.
Hmmm, how do you know? (Not saying you don't, just asking)

Also, ask Luxor how his experience was with Kuz as a hydra, and how it was compared to other games.

Mhmm bland games are boring imo and just no fun at all plus every game run here has some sort of flavour regardless of what it is nowadays with some special games that do not (i.e. Rusty Guillotine) and learning to play with some flavour is good for newbie games even though they will have to learn not to get flavour crazy. (I.e. Zelda Mafia, Mario Mafia for flavour newbie games)

Adumb picked out the flavour and now he has me watching the series. Already 1/4 of the way done so I'll be done today. =o
I liked Rusty Guillotine. I'm a simple man. Don't need power roles much.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hmmm, how do you know? (Not saying you don't, just asking)
U dumb or somethin?

It's always better to try riding your bike on your own. And thanks to adumb, these guys have training wheels.

EDIT:
Mmm... To be quite frank, and don't let this influence your decision on whether or not to hydra, I personally wouldn't hydra in my first go through. I respect Kuz for his reason for hydraing with the beginners, but in order to learn how to win, you gotta learn how to lose. I don't know you, but if you're anything like me, chances are you'll hear what Kuz has to say about reads and be a little nervous to put in your opinion. But alone, you'll have free range to think and say what you want. And yea I suppose this can be seen as like training wheels, but it's meh to me. That's all assuming you're town. If you're scum, then with or without the hydra partner, you'll have your scummates behind ya. I, personally, don't think that's the best of reasons to hydra. But hey, more power to ya :).

Good luck in your first game though. You'll enjoy it.
This was @ Seikend when he decided to hydra w/ Kuz in Disidia. It's ALWAYS better to go on your own, if your aim for hydraing is to learn. Cuz then you don't end up learning. You basically end up giving up your spot to the more experienced player.

Obtw. Iirc, Luxor was barely playing in the game he hydra'd in with Kuz.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. And no, not dumb. ;o I meant if he ever hydrad with someone to learn from them, therefore knowing the experience sucks. (in his pov)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
If one of Roxy/UTDzac (if he qualifies) wants to IC by themselves over me then I give them permission to do that.

EDIT: Btw I'm not saying that I'm outting, I do want to play this game, I just want to be polite about giving as many people as possible a change to IC. :)

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I must humbly ask however that I be refered to as Soren or Fesoren if possible.

You see blacknight99923 looks rather horrible in my opinion and to the socal smash scene I am Soren.

and to everyone who knows me on aim haha

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I must humbly ask however that I be refered to as Soren or Fesoren if possible.

You see blacknight99923 looks rather horrible in my opinion and to the socal smash scene I am Soren.
I believe I remember you when I used to be really into brawl =o

I'm Terywj, lol. This is my 3rd* game in DGames, so.
I'll talk with adumb when he gets back Tery ^^

Also episode 8 and =L this series is so good. /jealous

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
asianaussie is in via signup thread!

lets get startedddd

Top Bottom