• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Lounge 2 - Lafayette, LA - 5/14/11

ChKn

Smash Ace

Now that the first Smash Lounge is finished (16 for Brawl and 8 for Melee), why not try to follow it up with a more successful tournament? The owner of EGL and I will make sure that this tournament is bigger and better than the previous tournament. However, we need you, the Brawl community to help us out. I would like to run pools, but I need enough setups to make it happen. Therefore, the first 5 people to bring a complete setup(Wii/Brawl, CRT TV) will not have to pay the venue fee. Please respond in this topic so we can work together to make this tournament one of LA's best in recent memory.

Dates/Schedule
May 14, 2011

3:30pm - Sign Ups / Warm Ups
5:00pm - Brawl Singles Begin

Fees
$2 Venue Fee
$5 Entry Fee for both
NO REFUNDS
55/30/10/5 Pot Split

Venue Info
2466 West Congress Street
Lafayette, LA, 70506

I know that there is a pizza place, a Checkers/Rallys, Taco Bell, Popeyes, and other fast food chains nearby.

GENERAL

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please respect the equipment that EGL has.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.
-Chibo's Video Rule, you cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event, is in effect.
--MikeHAZE's Disruption Rule, no yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent, is in effect.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Rules:

BRAWL

I'll be using the Unity Ruleset for this tournament. The rules are found in this link:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

ChKn

Smash Ace
Let's try to generate as much hype for this tournament across the state. I would like to see more OoT people come over.

I'll advertise for this tournament during Laffy Locals.

EDIT: FYI I'm using the Unity Ruleset for the tournament. The rules are in a link in the OP.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Quick 2 week bump. I think this upcoming week, I'll be doing a quick run through on how we'll be setting up for the tournament.

If anyone can bring TVs/Wiis, let me know.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Yeah I won't be running Melee lol.

@Nike: Gas prices are lame lol.

I should have two TVs with me + my Wii.

Top Bottom