• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IUBC: The GP Affairs Ep. 4 "We About To Get Squoze on Gravity!""

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
, In Conjunction With
Bloomington

Presents,
The GP Affairs!
Episode 4: "We About To Get Squoze on Gravity!"

Indiana University Brawl Club is back with another exciting installment of The GP Affairs! Back in Historic Downtown Bloomington, Indiana, your hosts plan on giving you the same great times and Brawl- that you are accustomed to!
And featuring for the first time ever, Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Your Stars for The Evening
Owen Wilson as Th3 Composer, The Crazy Ex
John Leguizamo as LoZ, The Sex Knight
Patton Oswald as MaskedAvnger, The Metro Best Friend
And DJ Khalid as Dr. Squid, The Loud Neighbor

SIGN-IN/REGISTRATION: 11:00am - 12:00am

What is this, Pay-Per-View?
$10 vBrawl Singles
$10 vBrawl Doubles (Per teammate--20$ per team)
ˆ$5 Brawl- Singles
ˆ$5 Marvel Singles
$2 Venue Fee. However, a FULL SET-UP will result in a waived venue

ˆMore Info On Brawl- and Marvel in Second Post!

BRING TVs. Four pools on four TVs is lame and it sucks and it takes forever. Be a super cool guy and bring a TV for a waived venue and my everlasting gratitude!

AiB Link: TBA
Facebook Link: TBA

RULES AND JUNK
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the game ends in a suicide attack, there will be a one stock, 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters.
-You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
-Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.
-No chaingrab can last past 300%. Any chaingrabbing that exceeds 300% is considered stalling and will result in a forfeit of the match.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

PAYOUT
Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles
Under 24
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

24 or Over
1st - 45%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 15%
4th - 9%
5th - 4%/4%

STAGES
The neutral stage will be picked by stage strike method—each player/team takes turns striking one stage at a time, until there are only two neutrals left. The team who striked second then gets to choose between the two remaining neutrals. If there is a problem deciding who strikes first then a simple game of RPS will determine who picks second.
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium [Melee]
Smashville
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium [Brawl]
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Final Destination
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but the TOs have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

Any player is allowed to play on a nonlegal stage, as long as both players agree to play on that stage. No johns if you lose on a stage you agreed to play on.

101 W Kirkwood Ave
Bloomington, IN 47404
Map!

The Venue is the same as the last one--the game rooms in the basement of the mall. Basically, you go downstairs and turn right, and we'll be there playing. There will be signs, and an employee of The Game Preserve will be happy to give you directions downstairs as well.
As for parking, there's a garage on 4th street that connects directly to the mall, and parking is free! It's pretty sweet.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Brawl- Singles/Doubles

We will be using Brawl- 2.1, which can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12463610&postcount=2
Brawl- Singles: $5
[Potential]Brawl- Doubles: $5 per partner ($10 per team).

Rules
4 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the game ends in Bowser/Ganon/Kirby/Dedede suicide, do not go into sudden death, and whoever initiated the kill move is the winner.
In case of a glitchª, lemme know and I'll decide where to go from there.
ª If you are caught stalling with Wario on Brinstar, you will be DQ'd. Don't think I won't catch you!

You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

Stages
A couple notes here
1. Last time it was necessary to give you guys a skeleton of the stages for your SD cards--when 2.1 releases, all of these stages will already be on the SD card so you don't have to worry, you can just bring Brawl- 2.1.
2. Each player gets two stage strikes--there are an abundance of stages so an extra stage strike is given to each player before his/her opponent counterpicks.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Dream Land 64
Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination

Counterpicks
Halberd-
Rumble Falls+
Pictochat
Brinstar
Lavaville
Frigate Orpheon
Port Town Aero Dive [Nerfed]
Rainbow Cruise
1337m
Castle Siege

Marvel vs Capcom 3

We can either do Teams or Singles--probably Singles. But Teams would be sweet!

Marvel Singles: $5
Marvel Teams?!: $5 per teammate ($15 per team)

Rules are real easy and junk.
- Each Match is First to 3
- Winner must stay with the same team, but can change order/assists.
- WF/LF/GF is First to 5
- DANGER ROOM IS BANNED I hate that stage god.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
hahaha... yeah it's a bit of notice, but it's literally the only date of the entire summer I can use the rooms due to MTG events :l
So I wanted to get the date reserved way in advance because of it

It's gonna be the most well prepared local of all time :muffin:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
W00T! Sovereign's appearance is expected, only on the condition that Jekyll shows up, too. I wanna team with him.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'll be there, provided I don't have a job to interfere with this. If I end up driving myself/others, we may need housing for at least one night.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Skeletor all up in this mother****er

I'm winning every single event. just so everyone is aware.

Maybe not brawl minus. Or vbrawl singles. or vbrawl doubles. But I'm taking marvel. Hands down.

steep

Smash Lord
I will definitely be coming to this! HYPE!!!! My Mario has gotten tons better so I want to surprise e'rybody! I want to do some dubs if anyone's up for teaming with me. I use Mario, Luigi, and Olimar in teams usually. Lol and Yoshi but.... footstool lawls says no to teaming with Yoshi....

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I will definitely be coming to this! HYPE!!!! My Mario has gotten tons better so I want to surprise e'rybody! I want to do some dubs if anyone's up for teaming with me. I use Mario, Luigi, and Olimar in teams usually. Lol and Yoshi but.... footstool lawls says no to teaming with Yoshi....
*looks at HadesBlade*

:cool:yep

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'd want to come to this just to say that Composer's avatar is rapesauce (and of course to meet some of the midwest). Maybe I'll travel to one of these tourneys someday...

Oro?!

Smash Hero

Should be required for every tourney imo. Unity ruleset worthy.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion

Should be required for every tourney imo. Unity ruleset worthy.
So many people miss that rule.

WE ACTUALLY ENFORCE IT.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So it looks like Louisville will be in attendance. Spin, Crash, and myself so far. And if Oreo can get off work, he'll be our fourth passenger.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I will be 100% confirmed for this if I get this job that I should be getting. Otherwise I'm going to do my best to make it, but I have no idea how I'm going to make it to Bloomington in that situation.

steep

Smash Lord
@Xeroxen: Play me if you can come! I want some advice from a Mario better than myself!

Also, I may be going some Luigi at this tourney. And Olimar if I'm feeling confident. But mostly Mario.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
@Xeroxen: Play me if you can come! I want some advice from a Mario better than myself!

Also, I may be going some Luigi at this tourney. And Olimar if I'm feeling confident. But mostly Mario.
I severely doubt my competence at this game anymore in all honesty, I haven't played since SiiS4. But I will see what I can do.

There should be BlazBlue friendlies.

Top Bottom