• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revoloution. Texas, Fort Worth.

Denti

Smash Master
Singles

1: DPhat:metaknight: 140$
2: d4ba:metaknight: 70$
3: Denti:olimar: 40$
4: Infinity:metaknight:/:diddy: 28$
5: ALSM:toonlink:/:link2: 7$
5: UTDZac:gw: 7$
7: Problemo:metaknight:/:dedede:
7: RedShadow:wario:
9: Slaps:ike:/:snake:
9: Disqo Bunny:diddy:/:dedede:
9: KBOT
9: Mr. Blue Sky
13: Adam
13: DBoy
13: Ethan
13: Zane:link2:
17: Roar?:falco:/:metaknight:
17: Jay
17: Fenix:olimar:
17: Hertz
17: Zach
17: Andrew
17: Sean
17: Sam
25: Andy
25: TJ
25: Den
25: Zed

Teams

1: DPhat/DFury :troll:/:wario: , :troll: 132$
2: UTDZac/Ice:gw: , :snake: 72$
3: ALSM/Red Shadow :troll: , :wario: 36$
4: SrsC@/Infinity :snake:/:mario2: , :troll:/:diddy: 12$
5: Denti/Batou :olimar:/:falcon: , :rob:/:falcon:
5: KBot/Pboy
7: Mr. Blue Sky/Zach
7: Trey/Andrew
9: Fenix/Andrew
9: Darh Tackle/Reigen
13: M574/Herz
13: Rede/Matt

Overall thise was a success! I will most likely be continueing this tournament series! :D Thank you everyone! Special thanks to SrsC@ for all of his help! :D

Also, check the pictures for the side ways TV match. The table gave out mid match against ALSM and Red shadow and they paused for 20 seconds to make sure nothing broke then IMIDIENTLY continued their match with the TV sideways. DAAUMM!!! **** was real!
[collapse=Pictures]

[/collapse]

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
1: DPhat
Good seeing you again.
2: d4ba
See above.
3: Denti
Good tourney. You did a great job building hype for this and it all worked out pretty well. We'll need to get a better venue next time.
4: Infinity:troll:
5: ALSM
Your mom.
5: UTDZac
Great to see you again, Mr. Retired. You still have an SD card for me, right? :p
7: Problemo
You've gotten way or better. Nice job.
7: RedShadow
Morton Salt Co.
9: Slaps
Now, when I said touch your opponent to break them, I didn't mean "Touch them lovingly and caress them."
9: Disqo Bunny
Good friendlies after the tourney. Hilarious stuff.
9: Mr. Blue Sky
There's simply too much to running a successful tournament to cover in one post or one conversation and cover it all. If you really want to become a TO, start going to tournaments and watching the TO desk to see how things are done. Xyro runs a tournament well despite certain details. Overall he can teach you the most at a single tournament.
13: Zane
So, I heard you like link
Roar?, Seabass, and Denti.
You guys did an amazing job pulling all of this together and it worked out well. We made a pretty good team out there and I know I didn't do near as much as you guys did.
Ice
Way to follow the SrsC@ Hype.
Batou
Get you bowl out of my car! I don't want it, either!
K-Bot/P-Boy
I kinda felt bad when you guys had to face Infinity and I again, but you really did much better the second time around. Well-played, gents.

Overall, fun tourney and it will have to happen again. Srsly.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
needs to become a series.
I srsly almost had to bail last second cuz my stomach lurched hard, but I'm glad I came and aside from two particular matches... It was fun.
Good seeing the scene again, I think alot of the non-tourney goers didn't expect what you guys brought.

Denti

Smash Master
Not being too salty but next time I'll get em. I researched my frame options and now I know what to do instead of rolling, fo serious. Next time I SHALL RAIN SUPREME!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shout outs later! :D

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I got vids I need to upload. I'll get to it sometime this week. Anyways,

Shoutouts!

1: DPhat - You can't quit until I beat you with Link. Remember that. :p

2: d4ba - The gayness... I like it. :) GGs, 2nd game was just stupid on my part. I'll know better next time.

3: Denti - You're so much harder to fight the last time we played... thanks for the advice! I know how you feel about MK; all that hard work onstage goes out the window when you get gimped offstage... :(

4: Infinity - GGs, and thanks for the friendlies.

5: ALSM - Not bad, not bad. Don't stop there...

5: UTDZac - Didn't get to play you... GGs in doubles; I did so many dumb things, like running into Snake f-tilt (trying to PS)... lol

7: Problemo - That time out was crazy.

7: RedShadow - Nice teaming with you; we got some potential, just need to be more solid. GGs in singles; I'm sure we're going to continue to meet in bracket more often in tournament.

9: Slaps - I can't believe I didn't sit down and play a single game with you. We gotta fix that next time. ;)

9: Disqo Bunny - Keep up the Diddy. Playing against Diddy is pretty fun, and I learned a lot playing multiple games with you, and I'm sure you learned the same playing against the Links. :)

9: KBOT - Nice seeing you. We should have played.

9: Mr. Blue Sky - GGs, your DK is pretty unorthodox.

13: DBoy - Nice to see you. We should have played.

13: Zane - Long time no see. We gotta play more, I miss Link dittos.

17: Roar? - Keep it up, you'll get better if you work at it.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
I agree with everyone else. This was pretty good ****. ;D <3

It was fun helping out where I could. Looking forward to the next one.

Denti

Smash Master
Imo the lowest place that gets money should always get around their money back, which is turnout dependant. Also 1st should never be below 40%, 2nd should never be below 20%. What's most important when deciding percentages is to not screw up with 1st, 2nd and last payout imo. My general rule of thumb is aim to give 1st place 48%, 2nd 22% and 3rd 14%. Just be somewhere around those percentages and I think you'll do fine.

However else you decide to pay out is all your choice. :)

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Imo the lowest place that gets money should always get their money back or near their money back, which is turnout dependant. Also 1st should never be below 40%, 2nd should never be below 20%. What's most important when deciding percentages is to not screw up with 1st, 2nd and last payout imo.

However else you decide to pay out is all your choice. :)
Thanks, I'll keep all of this in mind. :)

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I'll keep all of this in mind. :)
My spreadsheet, while I could edit it to anything, uses these payouts:

1st: 50%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 20%
-or- (auto split increase at 25 players)
1st: 50%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 15%, 4th: 5%
-or- (auto split increase at 40 players)
1st: 50%, 2nd: 25%, 3rd: 15%, 4th: 5%, 5th: 2.5%
-or- (auto split increase at 50 players)
1st: 45%, 2nd: 25%, 3rd: 15%, 4th: 5%, 5th: 3%, 7th: 2%

While the payout split can be determined by the TO from a drop-down menu, the auto split increase was designed this way to make sure that if a player places well enough to get money, it's at least the entry fee to the tournament.

But like Denti said, it's in your hands. Srsly.

Top Bottom