• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystery Egg Event #2 - FRIDAY NIGHT!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
SWF Mystery Egg Event #2

Friday, April 1st @ 9PM Eastern Time

Join us this Friday night for a Mystery Egg Event here at SWF. The first event was so much fun that people requested we do a new one ASAP, so here it is! Here are the rules and details:

1. You must have a copy of Pokémon Black or White to participate. This is fifth generation only
2. Breed three different pokémon to get three eggs ready in your boxes. DO NOT HATCH THE EGG! Make sure these eggs are of pokemon that CAN EVOLVE. Don't use any pogeys that do not evolve. For instance, breeding an Axew is fine but Druddigon never evolves so its OUT!
3. Post your friend code/AIM account in this thread and join us at 9pm EST for the event. Example:

I'm in!

Friend Code: 4444-5555-6789
AIM: ilikemudkips
4. Each player will engage in a minimum of three different trades. The goal here is to get three new "mystery" eggs and end up with none of your own. Time allowing, we will probably do additional trades beyond the first three to really mix up the eggs and move them further and further away from the original breeder.

5. Everyone then has 45 minutes to hatch their eggs, raise their pokémon to level 5 and get ready for a battle! TMs, HMs and Egg Moves are allowed, so don't feel like you are stuck with just tackle and tail whip. Be creative and have some fun building your team.

NOTE: Even if you can evolve a pogey using a stone or some other method before level five, you may not evolve the pokémon in this instance. It must be at its earliest evolution stage obtainable.

6. This time we will be using the triple battle format (not rotation!). Here are the rules:

• You may ONLY have the three pokémon hatched from your mystery eggs in your party
  • Wifi Battle Settings:
    Battle Format: Triple Battle
    Battle Rule: No Restrictions
    Wonder Launcher: Offf
  • The first person listed for a battle when pairings go up is assigned to host. The second person must apply
  • Little Cup legal pokemon only. LC Ubers allowed.
  • Items Banned: Any item that increases evasion, DeepSeaTooth, Berry Juice
  • Evasion Clause: Any moves that increase evasion only (e.g. - Double Team) are banned
  • OHKO Clause: Moves that ignore damage calculations and apply a one-hit KO when they hit are banned: Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine or Fissure
  • Moves that do fixed damage, such as Dragon Rage, are banned.

7. Magikarp and Ditto are banned. We want players to be able to actually use the pokémon they get. Try not to give away useless pogeys.

8. Try to stick around after you lose in the tournament. We'll hold consolation matches and then we'll be voting at the end for awards.

GOAL
The goal of this event is NOT just to win the tournament. The goal is to have fun, try some new pokémon that you might otherwise overlook and test your skills at both breeding and building a team under unconventional circumstances. It should make us all better players, particularly in the Little Cup tier! So try to give away something you think might be fun to use or a pokémon that you think is under-represented but could do a good job. Have fun breeding first and then have fun competing. Don't get caught up in the competition part before the competition even begins.

Awards
In keeping with the last event, we're going to be giving away some awards at the end of the night. Try to stick around so you can join in the voting process. Mic will be assigning these awards as Profile Awards here on Smashboards. You will get a basic profile award just for participating, but these are some additional ones based on the outcome of the event:

MVP - This award goes to the scariest and most effective pokémon of the night. If a single pogey sweeps an entire team or takes someone deep into the tournament, they should be considered for this award. This award will go to both the breeder and the trainer of the pokémon.

Best Breeder - This award goes to the person who provided the event with its best and most interesting pokémon. If a trainer goes to great lengths to breed cool egg movess, rare abilities onto a pokémon or just breeds some original and unexpected pogeys, they should be considered for this award.

Golden Egg - This goes to the winner of the tournament.

RESULTS
1. Glyph
2. Chibo
3. Mic
4. M3D
5. Scuba
6. Reflex
7/8 Ryos
7/8 UTDZac
9-11 Ndyady
9-11 Ismar
9-11 Dastrn

Best Pokemon
Chibo/Mic's Dratini

Best Breeder
Chibo

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
AIM and Friend Codes. Some people still need to post their FC.

aim: Rocketsci227
pkmn white
name:profen
fc:4255 2802 1145
aim:ryos808
my fc for black:1334 7156 0627
and my aim: Roacherman1
friend code: 4684-7919-6354
aim: Scubagodcj
fc: 0003-3233-6405
aim: Zbn1
aim: Shadowgripper
aim: Purin1995
friendcode: Will edit in later.
fc; 3267 4465 3628
aim; ndyady

ScubaCJ

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely in! You sold the idea to me right off the bat when you were streaming Gen IV :3

It'll be 1am when it starts, but who cares about that? xD

Friend Code: 4684-7919-6354
AIM: ScubaGodCJ

Also, just for clarification, you mean gen v pokemon only, right?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yes yes yes yes I'm in.

I'll edit in my FC later!

And then it was later!

FC: 0003-3233-6405
AIM: Zbn1

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im def in
aim: chibosempai

il edit in my fc later, it changed since the last tourney (since im on my 3ds now)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I guess theoretically I could be in, since I'm getting my 3DS as early as April 1st. Though I don't have AIM.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man April 1st?

Hmmm I wonder...

Well I'm in if my wifi stops being gay

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Gosh Teran. It's not a choice, OK? Your wifi was born that way.

Also, this is not an April Fools joke.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Will edit this post with information later.

Aim: Purin1995

Friendcode: will edit in later.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This is going to be the cat's pajamas.

fc; 3267 4465 3628
aim; ndyady

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, just for clarification, you mean gen v pokemon only, right?
Just GenV pokemon games. Gen4 and below pokemon are fine (Got a Smoochum last time)

This sounds epic! I'm in. Well, I'll try to be in. Not sure what time it will be Australian Central Time.
It's 9am Perth time if that helps.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Scuba... pogeys from any generation are allowed. But we're only using Black and White carts to play this. We won't be making special accommodations for players that only have Gen4.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You know I'll be here. Will post updated info/saving post.

Side note:
Everyone who added me before, feel free to delete me, as I've switched to a new/permanent DS. I'll get the FC down soon.

Octave

Smash Ace
Back on campus so i don't have wifi access unless I buy one of the dongles that creates a hotspot like today so it ships in time.. :glare:

Also, is Scuba like some big name competitive battler or what?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
No, scuba just watched our pokemon stream this weekend and we chatted with him a bunch.

Btw, adding a rule about moves that do fixed damage. Dragon Rage and similar moves are also banned.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Btw, adding a rule about moves that do fixed damage. Dragon Rage and similar moves are also banned.
Heh, I remember in Crystal owning the Level 10 Battle Tower with an Aerodactyl with Dragonrage. >: )

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
jason, update the OP with who's in.

also, we need to skype/vent today to get my eggs ready.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Sounds like fun. I hope i can be around for that. Anyway.

Pkmn White
Name:profen
FC:4255 2802 1145
AIM:Ryos808

Question for the awards, how will you know who bred the pokemon with the best moves or w/e. Also are battle items/berries allowed?

Anyway, im gonna breed some pretty cool pokemon so people better look to trade with me. lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Question for the awards, how will you know who bred the pokemon with the best moves or w/e. Also are battle items/berries allowed?
At the end we all say what we each bred. If someone decides to fib on what they bred it shouldn't be hard to go back over the list of who traded with who to find out for sure, but I doubt anyone would do that.

Battle items/berries are allowed but there are some restrictions (No Berry Juice) but I'm not sure on what they all are. Someone else'll know.

Anyway, im gonna breed some pretty cool pokemon so people better look to trade with me. lol.
I can't wait until I can start transferring some Gen 4 pokemon. ^^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just transferred all my good pokes from my HG version so hopefully il be able to whip up something cool for everyone

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Just curious but wouldnt really crappy non evolving pokemon be okay. Like farfetched or something terrible like that.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also it'd be a pain in the *** to make a list of Pokemon allowed who can't evolve

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got my eggs ready. I'm new to this stuff, so i didn't do anything fancy. I just picked 3 pokemon that I thought would be fun to play, and then bred a male and female pair of them.

I'm assuming people will mostly use TMs to set up their poke how they want?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Man I should probably look into getting some more TMs, i've kinda over looked the ones I didn't immediately need.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
i still have tons i need to get from the battle subway. That place is crazy. I get owned by the super subway. I need to use some broken pokemon for it or something. The ones i EV trained aren't cutting it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I got my 3DS a day early, **** yeah. Now to actually play the game...

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Get your eggs ready people. Mine are done and we're starting at 9PM sharp tomorrow night.

What night is that? Oh yeah... its

FRIDAY.

Top Bottom