• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nom #8, next event to be April 30th!

-Ran

Smash Master
Tio File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom8.tio

Brawl 1vs1
Entry: $10
Bracket: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom8/nom8b1vs1.gif
1: Lee ($72.00) [Mk/Peach]
2: Battou ($36.00) [Mk/Peach]
3: Hyro ($12.00) [Toon Link]
4: Li D :falco: / :lucario:
5: JNig [Wario]
5: .D
7: Adam [Diddy Kong / Donkey Kong]
7: Snag [Snake]
9: Johnathan :gw: / :luigi2:
9: Jiovanni [Kirby]
9: Capt. Savage :random:
9: Gunner :pikachu2:

Brawl Novice
Bracket: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom8/nom8n1vs1.gif
1: Adam
2: Battou [Forced to use secondary]
3: Capt. Savage
4: Li D
5: F$%^ Lee Martin
5: Snag
7: Omniman99
7: Gunner

Melee 1vs1
Entry: $5
Bracket: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom8/nom8melee1vs1.gif
1: Lee ($39.00)
2: Avery ($19.50)
3: Cyphus ($6.50)
4: Russia
5: Arcadia
5: Freddy
7: Coby
7: Austin
9: Ran
9: Hyro
9: Andrew
9: Pierre
13: Dr. Faust
13: Anthony

Melee 2vs2
Entry: $10 per team.
Bracket: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom8/nom8meleeteams.gif
1: Pierre and Lee ($36.00)
2: Avery and Austin ($18.00)
3: Freddy and Tim ($6.00)
4: Cyphus and Coby
5: Andrew and Ran
5: Jio and Arcadia

I'll fill in the rest of the characters as people remind me who they used. In case it wasn't clear, if I call your name, and you aren't at your match within five minutes, I'm going to DQ you. Tournaments are running entirely too long. There is ample time to eat before the events start. The fliers are now going to reflect that the tournaments start at 1pm, and that friendlies are from 11am to 1pm.

Thanks to Jnig running Brawl to the extent he did, since he was hustling to get to work and had to leave the tournament.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'll fill in the rest of the characters as people remind me who they used. In case it wasn't clear, if I call your name, and you aren't at your match within five minutes, I'm going to DQ you. Tournaments are running entirely too long. There is ample time to eat before the events start.
Ran. Suck a fat ****. I don't what point you're trying to prove...you're some amazing powerful TO and you DQ whoever you want? We were at a tiny local tournament with like 4 entrants. And you started about an hour and a half late. And there was absolutely no rush since every was sticking around after the tournament anyways. And we were down the street 5 minutes away. And we ****ing called and said we were on our way back. And you never in a million years would have DQ'ed Lee but you can go ahead and deny it. Anyways I guess I'll start talking **** behind your back like everyone else does because you're an *******.

**** you, eat a ****, and I hope guro dragon cuts you open and ****s your intestines. Ho.

-Ran

Smash Master
I've Dq'ed people before for leaving and not telling me. I'm no longer making any exceptions for anyone. I consulted with Jiovanni mostly about what to do, as well as Greg and Lee. I cannot keep us at Dibbz until 8pm every time I run a tournament, for the small venue fee that they are collecting from us. We only have 14 man brackets, and we shouldn't be there that late. It is inexcusable for me to allow the brackets to run that long because I'm either waiting for people to get there, or constantly delaying so that people can leave for over thirty minutes. For now on, every tournament will be run as quickly as possible. I try to give as much time as possible for people to get to the event that I know are coming, since some drive as far as Lafayette to attend.

If you want to be salty, that's fine. If you want the twenty extra dollars you would have made, sure, I'll give it out my pocket. You know I care for this community, and the people in it. I'm constantly trying to help people get to the events, even if it's just to play the game at Dibbz. On numerous occasions I'd be the only person with a setup, and I'd be the only one with the cash to pay for it.

Hyro

Smash Lord
You ****** I'm trying to be mad at you stop offering me money.

w/e

but you consulted with jio, greg and lee...three of my boys....and i still got dq'ed?

damn. if any of them was missing i wouldve waited for them no matter what :/

-Ran

Smash Master
Correct. They all agreed that you were taking too long. We started the timer on Jio's white watch, which took him five minutes to figure out how to work. I gave you thirty minutes. By the time you came in, it was already an hour.

Hyro

Smash Lord
that's bull**** we weren't at chick-fil-a for an hour. 30 minutes at most. And when jio called us and said where are yall at, we said were coming back right now and we did in like 5 mins. And when i get back greg and lee were playing.

Basically I was in losers finals....not holding up much of the tournament. The fact that no one left right afterwards means they coulda waited.

but **** it.

-Ran

Smash Master
I gave you ten minutes from the time that you last talked to Jiovanni on the phone. At that point, Greg and Lee started their match, where they were on the third match by the time that you came in, which would suggest that it was at least another ten minutes. As mentioned, if you want twenty bucks, or for me to treat you to a meal, that's fine. As the To, I made the final call, so don't be too concerned about the others.

-Ran

Smash Master
You'll still get your next meal during Nom on me. [That way I can keep you on the premises.] :troll:

Curlz

Smash Lord
JNig had to leave for work so Batto beat him.
Hyro took too long at Chik-fil-a and got DQ'd from Batto.

Batto too good!

As far as the DQ situation goes, I actually applaud Ran for doing what he did. It takes some serious balls to go and DQ one of the top ranked-players.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Fight Fest payments. :]

Avery

Smash Cadet
Hyro I love you dawg, but damn ***** U MAD.

And bi,

actually those words are easily interchangeable because the more U MAD the more U BI.

However: I find battos twenty dollars and make him pay my venue fee because I couldnt, then you do your thang, then batto gets 2nd in the tournament AHHHHHHH ****

MJG

Smash Hero
Ran. Suck a fat ****. I don't what point you're trying to prove...you're some amazing powerful TO and you DQ whoever you want? We were at a tiny local tournament with like 4 entrants. And you started about an hour and a half late. And there was absolutely no rush since every was sticking around after the tournament anyways. And we were down the street 5 minutes away. And we ****ing called and said we were on our way back. And you never in a million years would have DQ'ed Lee but you can go ahead and deny it. Anyways I guess I'll start talking **** behind your back like everyone else does because you're an *******.

**** you, eat a ****, and I hope guro dragon cuts you open and ****s your intestines. Ho.

Oh. My. God.

I am glad I checked the results thread when I got on the boards LOL

Curlz

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd help out the results. These are the characters these players normally use.

4: Li D :falco: / :lucario:
5: .D :kirby2:
9: Johnathan :gw: / :luigi2:
9: Capt. Savage :random:
9: Gunner :pikachu2:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
LOLLL, for some reason I decide to check THIS results thread and find some super hyro salt. Its happened to all of us bro.. cept lee xD

<3 LA

Top Bottom