• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Matchup Export~

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Diddy Kong
:diddy: :diddy: :diddy: :diddy: :diddy: :diddy: :diddy: :diddy: :diddy:

Wolf's Current Ratio: -1

Annoying Moves:
Killing:
Zoning:
Chaingrabs/Tilt Locks/Grab Releases:
What To Do Offstage:
Stages
- Strike:
- Ban:
- Pick:
MU Tricksies:
Synopsis and Quotes:

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No comments yet? After all the recent Wolf vs Diddy videos around? :p

I hear JJ likes taking Diddy to FD to run away the whole match, and I still don't exactly understand how that works out, someone explain please? Anyways DACUS is particularly good in this MU imo because you can go over bananas/pick them up with it when spaced correctly, making it a helpful punishing tool. Item tricks like instant throwing and DACIT are helpful too, although I feel like DACIT is a bit more of a gimmicky thing.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Learn to react and grab the bananas with fair or z throw em back. Never stay in your shield. When their on the edge with no bananas pressure the **** out of him since he has basically like 2 options which can all be predicted.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since I agree with the -1 ratio I'm mainly waiting for people who disagree to speak up. FD is pretty good because it has more ground than Diddy can easily cover. I prefer the stage over SV against Diddy.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think Smashville is the hardest neutral to play Diddy on because it's much smaller then the others, which makes returning to stage more difficult and he can use the moving platform to his advantage. I like playing Diddy's on BF.

castorpollux

Smash Champion

I hear JJ likes taking Diddy to FD to run away the whole match, and I still don't exactly understand how that works out, someone explain please? Anyways DACUS is particularly good in this MU imo because you can go over bananas/pick them up with it when spaced correctly, making it a helpful punishing tool. Item tricks like instant throwing and DACIT are helpful too, although I feel like DACIT is a bit more of a gimmicky thing.

basically, if i ever have a stock on turtle, i would jumpshine camp him hard which will prevent him from landing any kill move on me ever.

he got really mad at this and called my wolff gay

Yikarur

Smash Master
if you shine his nana and roll cancel too him and he gets hit by his own banane you have a like +30 advantage ;D

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
This MU is even. Wolf is heavier than Diddy, is stronger and has a reflector (bad at reflecting, but still better than nothing). Diddy kong can rack up damage faster and has an easier time setting up kills.

Choice

Smash Champion
i think you should try to avoid using reflector to reflect bananas.

Laem

Smash Champion
its good for mindgames
if he sees it comin its glidetoss down movement forward to whatever to hit you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This MU is even. Wolf is heavier than Diddy, is stronger and has a reflector (bad at reflecting, but still better than nothing). Diddy kong can rack up damage faster and has an easier time setting up kills.
Very shallow analysis imo. Doesn't even give any solid ideas on how both characters should approach this match-up.

The reasons I believe this to be in Diddy's favor:

- his close range game beats ours. A better jab and a much better grab. What's the best thing to when he gets close in? The only thing I can imagine is to jump escape with our air mobility but that also means to give up space each time Diddy gets in.

- his anti-aerial game makes approaching very difficult in my eyes. If you don't have a banana [or correctly predict a banana toss] I don't even think it's worth trying.

- what can we do on the ground if we don't have a banana? His radius of punishment is massive and easily punishes our tilts.

In this match-up a lot of our options look inviable unless we can get a banana in our hands and even then close-range combat seems to be largely in his favor.

Choice

Smash Champion
its all about timing your approaches to when theres only 1 banana. don't do much past shoot laser and jump shine when theres 2, imo.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995

i am nub...:c wut is DACIT?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
DACIT = Dash Attack Cancel Item Throw (or Toss, same concept). Wolf slides across the stage while throwing a held item up/down/forwards, similar input as DACUS. Search youtube for it to learn more if you want, but that's the basic idea :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DACIT is really, really good if Diddy is close to the ledge. Banana push back - potentially off the stage - into dsmash is quite easily the most effective and reliable kill set-ups we have in this match-up.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
ohhhhh DACIT, i know that
i've even done on where u can throw the banana in front instead of upward, hard tho

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bump, because this match-up is important guys! This is +1 in Diddy's favor because is close range tolls and anti-aerials limit the space we have against him and hurt our positioning game and makes it hard to obtain momentum.

One thing I recently learned is to not catch a banana toss with fair if he has another banana right next to him. Our fair lasts so long he can just punish us with the other banana.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, I suck at doing things. I prefer to instant-throw bananas over catching them with an aerial, tbh. Instant-throw too good :p

Diddy's fair is ****ing huge. Also, why do I always see Wolf players die at high-ish %s to utilt? It's so obvious, yet always hits X____x definitely a move that you should watch out for imo, it's surprisingly easy for Diddy to land that utilt.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dying to utilt at high percent really isn't a big issue at all. If anything, it tells you that you've been defending yourself correctly from the stuff that you can - and should - avoid as much as possible. If you die at 180% to utilt you know you've used your stock to its fullest, if you die at 130% because you get dsmashed at the ledge and end up in true hitstun that's definitely not the case.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sometimes when you receive knockback you enter an animation where you can't make any inputs to cancel momentum [this is visualized by the "spinning" of a character or the lack thereof]. I have no idea on the mechanics behind it but I feel like it happens more often against charged smashes - Diddy's dsmash in particular. I hate when that happens.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Double post because I feel like it.

After playing 3489723948237 friendlies with Lp yesterday I found that the best way to deal with him is to generally avoid all direct conflict with him while he's generally untouchable / invincible, which is whenever he's in a neutral position.

General game plan goes like this imo:

Match starts / neutral position outside of banana range -> laser all day [with and without banana] until he decides to close in. Best zone for you to be in because Diddy has no direct answer to it obviously. If you have the space for it or are unsure what to do retreating via the air with a laser is almost always a good idea.

Mid-range / Diddy tries to approach after losing lead -> cover approaches with bair, dsmash, fsmash [in order of preferrence]; only chase him if he's in the air, once he's on the ground retread for long-range battle. NEVER chase him with dash [side-B covers most dash options], alwas with aerial mobility. Only go into close range battle if you have a banana in hand. This is an evenish zone with slight advantage for Diddy because of his superior frame data, fair, side-B and combo options at mid % [side-B -> banana is really gay]. Wolf has less room for error here - your main advantage is that retreating will improve your options against Diddy.

Close range -> This is Diddies zone; if he gets there get the hell out. Jump away asap and try to reset the situation by shaking him off or hitting him with jumpshine -> AAA and go into long-range or mid-range [in order of preferrence]. If you have a banana use it here and ONLY here [everywhere else Diddy will either get it back or you can't punish his trip adequately].

Top Bottom