• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody else find kirby obnoxious?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Not so much in playing against kirby as in the character himself. I have no problem with him in his games, but in smash they made him so irritating. Do you think this could be considered an advantage? If being obnoxious could give percent automaticly, kirby could be a high tier.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
His taunt just makes u want to punch him really hard ^^
People wanna hit him with anything and ignore the fact that they will be punished.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Lol yea. "I need you powers not, for I am a pink blob"
Except isn't it worse for him to suck up pichu? I think it is cuz he hurts himself with it and it shortens his jumps, but it does give him a projectile.

Massive

Smash Champion
I have been told several times that playing against my Kirby is one of the most annoying experiences imaginable regardless of the outcome of the match.

I definitely acknowledge their argument. Kirby can duck under most grabs as well as wizard kick. His tilts are not particularly powerful but they are VERY ANNOYING. Very few of his moves will kill you, but they will back you off far enough to make you try your approach again. Since there is almost no way to combo him when every move you do knocks him far away, you have to slowly build damage and take a killshot to end it. Consequently, many matches take forever.

All in all, char is annoying.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
When people use Kirby against me, I pick Fox and run away for 5 - 8 minutes and shoot lasers. Sometimes I outprioritize their move with Bair, U-tilt, or Nair. U-smash if I'm feeling risky (and they're in the air). I also dash dance grab U-throw Uair to KO, or U-throw Bair at higher percents.

I spend about 3 minutes a game on a top platform, or in the middle of the stage.

I find it extremely enjoyable.

Massive

Smash Champion
When people use Kirby against me, I pick Fox and run away for 5 - 8 minutes and shoot lasers. Sometimes I outprioritize their move with Bair, U-tilt, or Nair. U-smash if I'm feeling risky (and they're in the air). I also dash dance grab U-throw Uair to KO, or U-throw Bair at higher percents.

I spend about 3 minutes a game on a top platform, or in the middle of the stage.

And then you wonder why nobody invites you to their birthday party.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I like to use copied abilities instead of taunts, just to rub in the fact that I can do their moves better.
Obviously, this doesn't work with things like Falcon Punch that take some time but it's still fun to randomly toss bits of black and white bacon around.

BunBun

Smash Master

I ban Fox when I play people.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
^ its not that i find playing against him annoying as muh as it is that I find his character annoying... Its so abnoxious.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ah. Against a kirby I would generally u-smash to kill so look out for that around 60%+ and if you go off stage watch for jolts and d-smash or f-smash. You're tech chased d-throw and bair work really well though and you'll want to kill pichu through the upper killzone because his recovery to good.

:phone:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea u could do tht, you'll have to get them in a situation where they need to go a certain direction though. If i see it comming i'll try to go under you and grab the ledge. Idk though, i dont really play against pichu's too much

:phone:

Top Bottom