• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LouisiANIME - April 23 - Baton Rouge, LA (Lee Martin / M2K / GA / MS Confirmed!)

Curlz

Smash Lord

LouisiANIME is an Anime Convention held in Baton Rouge, LA. Having moved from the normal time of year, Autumn, LouisiANIME is back in 2011 in the Springtime!
Please come in and enjoy what LouisiANIME has to offer and play some Brawl with Louisiana's finest!*

For more information on the convention please check:
http://www.louisianime.com/

Dates/Schedule
April 23, 2011
9:00am - Game Room Opens / Friendlies
2:00pm - Brawl Doubles Sign Ups / Brawl Warm Ups
3:00pm - Brawl Doubles Begin
4:00pm - Melee Sign Ups / Melee Warm Ups
5:00pm - Melee Singles Begin / Brawl Sign Ups / Brawl Warm Ups
6:00pm - Brawl Singles Begin

[collapse=Video Game Tournament Schedule]
Friday:
2pm: Mortal Kombat 9 (Playstation 3)
4pm: Super Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
6pm: Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)

Saturday:
Noon: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (Playstation 3)
3pm: Brawl Doubles (Nintendo Wii)
5pm: Melee Singles (Nintendo GameCube)
6pm: Brawl Singles (Nintendo Wii)[/collapse]

Fees

Venue Fee:
Weekend Badge : $42
Friday Badge : $18
Saturday Badge : $25
Sunday Badge : $12

Activities Weekend Badge: $60
Activities Friday Badge: $26
Activities Saturday Badge: $35
Activities Sunday Badge: $17
(Convention Passes may be needed to enter the Game Room)

Tournament Fee:
$10 Entry
$5 Entry if you purchase an Activities Badge
NO REFUNDS
60/30/10 Split (if >20 Entrants)
55/25/15/5 Split (if 20+ Entrants)

Housing:
The Crowne Plaza has 294 rooms, so you won't have to worry about the hotel being booked solid. You can book your room for the discounted rate of $89 per night. However, that rate is only for those who book with our group code (ANI) and only a limited number of rooms are available, so don't delay!

Venue Info
LouisiANIME's Game Room
Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge
4728 Constitution Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808
225-925-2244

GENERAL

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the tournament area.
-No fighting.
-Please respect the equipment that LouisiAnime has.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.
-Chibo's Video Rule, you cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event, is in effect.
--MikeHAZE's Disruption Rule, no yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent, is in effect.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Rules:

BRAWL

-Double Elimination
-3 stocks; 8:00 Minutes
-Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- The results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Bowser/Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)
-Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Ledge Grab Limit is 35 for Meta Knight & 50 for everyone else.
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress.
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinites past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.
-Marth's Infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned.
-King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario are banned.
-Chibo's Video Rule, you cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event, is in effect.
--MikeHAZE's Disruption Rule, no yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent, is in effect.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3, 4, & 5 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List:

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest.

What LouisiANIME has to offer:

EVENTS

Cosplay Ball
The Cosplay Ball is an event based on elegance and grandeur. Come dressed your best and enjoy classic ballroom style dancing and music. To ensure that this event maintains the proper atmosphere there will be a loosely enforced dress code.

Cosplay Contest
Sponsored by cosplay.com
An anime convention staple, the cosplay contest is a favorite event among many convention goers. Come and watch our participants display their beautiful costumes. Sign ups for entries will take place Friday and Saturday before the contest.

For rules about entering the cosplay contest please click here

Club Pelican
Come and dance to some of the best beats in Baton Rouge! Featuring DJ Infam0us, Club Pelican will be open Friday and Saturday night.

Formal Costume Contest
The Formal Costume Contest is Louisianime's craftmanship based cosplay event. Entries will not be required to preform or walk on stage, they will simply be interviewed by our panel of judges. The Formal Costume Contest will take place at the Louisianime Cosplay Ball, to enter there will simply be a call for entries announced at the event there is no sign up required before hand.

For rules about entering the Formal Cosplay Contest please click here.

Game Show Desu... Ne?
Are you ready for the craziest game show you have ever seen! Louisianime brings back its famous game show for a second year. Crazy challenges, outrageous stunts and a hillarious host this game show is sure to be the highlight of your convention. If you think you have what it takes to compete tryouts for contestants will be held on site September the 10th.

PANELS

Advance Sewing for Cosplay
So you know the basics of sewing but you're ready to take it to the next level? Come and learn some advanced techniques to kick your sewing skills up a notch.

Anime Science Theater Over 9000
FUNimation is joined at the hip with anime...but also - live action dubs. Join Todd and other voice actors as they take you on a commentary expedition of foreign film dubbing craziness. They'll watch a film dubbed by FUNimation...in all its non-flap matching awesomeness! Warning: There will be profanity...and gore!

Convention Survival

Cosplay 101
New to cosplay? Thats ok, this panel will give you information on how to get into cosplay, basic techniques and resources so that you can make your own costumes and become a cosplayer too!

Cosplay PJ Bash
What do you do after a long day of cosplaying? MORE COSPLAYING! Break out your in character pajamas and come to our cosplay PJ bash! We'll have games to play and we encourage you to bring your favorite board game as well!

Cosplay Presentation
So you made an awesome costume! Now what? Learn about the art of presentation, from posing for photos in the hall to how to have a successful walk on or skit in the cosplay contest.

Cosplay Props
Hosted by Volpin
Armor, Swords, Guns, Shields! There is a harder side to the hobby of cosplay. Come learn tips and techniques on making all those sharp and shiny props and armor for your next costume.

Cross Genre Cosplay

DJing 101

FMA Through the Eyes of Maes Hughes
Ever wonder what FMA was like in Hughes' boots? Why is he willing to push Roy to the top? Now is the opportunity to find out! Come join Sonny Strait and get your answers from Hughes himself!

From Anime to Manga
This is a teaching workshop on how ones makes a transition from Anime to Manga. Q&A on anything and everything about drawing, inking, writing, and MORE!!

Game Show Auditions

How to Dress Lolita and Not Break the Bank
Getting into lolita can be expensive, but you don't need to spend a fortune to create some awesome coords! Come learn tips and tricks on how to get into the fashion for less from making your own skirts to buying second hand to shopping locally for offbrand.

How to Fan

J-Fashion 101
Are you interested in Japanese fashion? This panel will cover the basics of many popular Japanese fashion trends. Find the one that is perfect for you!

J-Fashion Parade
Come adorned in your favorite J-fashion and hang out with other fashion fans at the J-Fashion Parade. Bring your M-books, your magazines, or maybe even your favorite brand's catalogue to share. There may even be a fashion show!

Let's Go To Japan

Live Dubbing Panel
Everyone always wonders how the dubbing process works. This panel pulls the curtain back and Todd shows you how its done - join him to see an actual episode of Soul Eater being dubbed by YOU - the audience. He'll be using the actual session files from FUNimation Entertainment to bring you into the dubbing world.

Lolita 101
Do you have questions about this popular Japanese street fashion? Don't worry, we have answers. From what it is to where to get it come and learn all about the frilly fashion.

Makeup for Cosplay
Makeup is an important part of any costume, whether you just need basic beauty or extreme effects. Learn tips and techniques on what products work best and how to apply various types of makeup.

Meet Sonny Strait
Anything and everything (Within reason) that you ever wanted to know about THE Sonny Strait.

Murder Mystery

Parent Panel

Elite 4 Pokemon Championship
LouisiANIME's own Elite 4 are all together in one room! Con-goers will be allowed to battle this challenging foursome in order to receive the title of LouisiANIME Pokemon Champion. Festivities will occur using Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Is your team ready to be rocked?

Pose-Off

Radio Drama
The best way to work on your voice acting is to watch it happen and better yet - be a part of it! Join Todd and other voice actors as they recreate a good old' radio drama from the days of yore...also, we'll have a live audition to see if you make the cut and can join us in our radio drama goodness.

Show and Tell with Todd
Its Todd. He's got pictures, videos, and more...documenting the half-Asian's journey through the industry over the years. Come and see what all the buzz is about! Also, you'll have a chance to snag a con exclusive...

Silver Screen Superheros
Superheroes have been all over the movie screen for decades. From Batman and Robin in the 40s to the upcoming Avengers movie - there's a lot to choose from. Some of its great and some is...not so great. Todd gives his picks for the top ten best and worst of the movie superheroes. Come and see if you agree with his picks!

Steampunk 101
Hosted by Airship Isabella

Steampunk Do It Yourself
Hosted by Airship Isabella

Tales from the Booth

Hot Seat (18+)

Voice Acting Mock Tryout

Voice Acting 101

Voice Actor Q & A

Webcomics
Do you have a great idea? Not quite sure how to get it on paper? Do you have Jack rabbits that ride stick ponies? Need to find out if Coconino Valley is real? It's all in the details to make something your very own. Come sit and listen to Sonny talk about Webcomics!

Wig Styling
Learn all about what it takes to style a wig, from basics to the extreme as well as tips and tricks on storing, buying and making them bend to your will.

AND NOT TO MENTION!!!:

THE RAVE!!!
THE RAVE!!!
THE RAVE!!!
THE RAVE!!!
THE RAVE!!!
THE RAVE!!!

STARTING SATURDAY NIGHT FROM 11PM - 4AM!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its a convention. Convince them to come for the rave and maybe they'll be like "I'll give this game a chance." and enter or something. :p

D

Deleted member

curlz swap the times for melee and brawl so i can go pllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

D

Deleted member

well if you had switched the times you'd have at least one more melee player. thanks for even responding to my request. cool bro.

D

Deleted member

it just sucks because i asked about it 4 days ago in the main la thread, then again 3 days ago in this thread, and you never responded. and this was before you talked to the people about the tournaments. i just dont know why you ignored me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
it just sucks because i asked about it 4 days ago in the main la thread, then again 3 days ago in this thread, and you never responded. and this was before you talked to the people about the tournaments. i just dont know why you ignored me.
I honestly skipped over your posts for some reason. I didn't mean to ignore you, if you would want to call it that. I can talk to the chairman and see if I can rearrange some tournaments. I'll let you know accordingly. What time would the tournament need to be in order for you to make it? I could probably put another tournament at 3:00pm and then run both Melee and Brawl at the same time.

So I'd be paying $65 dollars for a few hours of play..........
You seem to forget that I'm running the game room and the tournaments. I'm not gonna give 2 ****s if you don't have a pass. Just as long as you have the money to enter, you're good.

D

Deleted member

that would be awesome and much appreciated. i could probably make it for 5, and definitely make it for 6.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Okay. I will be giving the chairman a call tomorrow about it.
What tournament should I put at 3:00pm now?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I need to make it to this thing.

Why the atl south hate, dawg?

:phone:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
winnar ur big huge tourney doesn't count. That's not what I meant. Anyway, this is like 180 dollars to go to if i took a bus each way (90 each way). Can someone help me out with getting here? If so I will surely come and play infinite friendlies or something. I'd really like to come but spending that much to arrive is not worth it unless I have financial help or can get a carpool (but I can't find a driver yet! =[ )

Top Bottom