• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GnG Presents Combo Breaker - April 2011 Results

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Miss any of the action? Catch up by checking out our live streams...

YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/user/FocusFireFeed
JUSTIN TV FIGHTERS - http://justin.tv/focusfirefighters
JUSTIN TV SHOOTERS - http://justin.tv/focusfirefeed

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Izzy Lee
2) Keits
3) Alex Bono
Click Here For More Results

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Kliquey
2) Rocksteady
3) Baka

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 RANDOMS RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Izzy Lee
2) Keits
3) Alex Bono

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3v3 RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Wisky 5 Minutes
2) Team Foot Clan Beta
3) HTT

3RD STRIKE SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Baka
2) Bubbalo
3) Medicine Horse

TEKKEN 6 SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Mr. Delicious
2) Eson
3) Izzy Lee

STREET FIGHTER HDR SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Hammer Pans
2) IlikePIZZA
3) Stefan

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Lil Basebod
2) SinnyBoo242
3) Triple R

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL DOUBLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) **** with a 4 instead of N E
2) Rap3
3) Swag OD

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE SINGLES RESULTS
1) Evan Pope
2) Adrosmhguy
3) Frootloop

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE DOUBLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Skeletor
2) NWC
3) Yoshime

SSFIV DRUNK FIGHTER SINGLES RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) IlikePIZZA
2) Mean Sheen
3) Stefan

CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 4v4 RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) Team Poop
2) Pheasant Pluckers
3) BGR No Regrets

HALO REACH 4v4 RESULTS (VIEW BRACKET)
1) MNCG Pure Imagination
2) Cloud 9
3) Rufio

TETRIS HIGH SCORE
1st Ben - 470,815
2nd Cher - 266,279
3rd Jackson
4th Blake
5th Rodney
6th Mary
7th Robert
8th Jill
9th Jeff
10th Triet

A few pictures after setup was completed Saturday morning.

PICTURE 1
PICTURE 2
PICTURE 3
PICTURE 4

napZzz

Smash Hero
yoshQ-you'll beat me eventually
sin242-told you you'd beat me eventually
ayman-l0l another win
vu dang- IM THE STRONGEST LINK
randall-I hate playing you -_- so gay its so stressful
near-zzzzzzzzzz
teflon-you tha greatessss urf ridin

probably other people I forgot i'll adress later, those just came to mind right away. D, is there a results thread on srk?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
This is pretty late, but I typed this up at work, so, ya

This weekend was some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Melee + Marvel is an unbeatable combo.

Shoutouts

Gene - This was an amazing tourney. The 2D fighter area was really something, Focus Fire really knows what they're doing. National smash tournaments don't even look like that.

Webster - Great job running 5 tourneys at once as usual. It was good to see you, but we didn't get to play Marvel! See you at UFGT7.

Frootloooooop - Good **** on 3rd, you were so close to the finals! We just got to put Rainbow Cruise and Kongo Jungle on random or something for a few weeks and teach you how to play vs samus.

Sanchaz - Good stuff in teams, that fox was doing work. Strawberry mango for top tier, umad?

Chexr - Thanks a ton for housing us, and grats for winning melee. You almost had Frankie G in marvel!

Aaron - Good to see you again, it's always fun playing you. Thanks for housing us, hopefully we weren't too loud on Saturday morning.

Quaz - Good job in singles. You did really well vs frootloop, that was a hella close set.

Peaches - Nice hat. GL in Blast Corps this weekend!

Amanze - Fun sets, I like the change of pass samus forces on the game. You were getting a hang of the matchup in singles, unfortunately it's still a horrible matchup for samus.

Zeus - Didn't play you in 1v1s at all. Nice job taking down the highest placing smasher in marvel.

Heath Sparrow - Fun matches as always. That bracket match was pretty intense. It kind of sucks it had to end that way. Awesome gorilla DK.

FluxWolf - That DK vs marth match on dreamland was amazing! It's always fun playing you.

RRR - Mad props for sticking with the worst character in the game for as long as you have. I saw you play vs Deepak, and I can see how fox is worse than shiek lol

EOF - Awesome to see you again. I can't believe you were name dropping people I've never heard of lol, I thought I was old school.

Yadam - Your ganondorf has gotten a lot better, too bad I didn't see you beating in teams. You and XTRA need to come down to Madison sometime.

Luca - Close set in bracket, your falcon has definitely gotten a lot better from last time we played. We'll have to get some more sets in next time.

Tempest - Didn't get to play you too much. You've got an awesome style with fox, I kind of wish I could still play like that.

Teflon - Good to see you again, it's always fun to see you trolling on people. I like the freestyle dreamland cover.

It was fun playing teams sets with you guys that were there on Saturday too. I didn't catch either of your names.

Hope to see you all at Raging Storm.

Wake

Smash Master
This was an awesome tourney! Shoutouts:

Chexr- It was a fun match even though you owned me. I'm glad I finally got to play you though. Good job winning the whole thing!

Aarosmashguy- Our friendlies were fun... brutal... but still fun. I'll try and get better next time we play!

Quaz- You are still better than I am, but thanks for the friendlies and everything! Try not to rage too hard haha ;)

Zeus- Owned me in our MM, good job! I'll try and improve for next time.

Amanze- We never play, and sorry I couldn't help you with the Peach matchup... I've still never even played a Samus before....

Deepak- Our mm was my favorite part of the tourney. You're good with so many different characters! It was a blast! Let's do the tiebreaker at the next monthly, how does that sound?

RRR- Still crazy to see what a Kirby can do... good job beating Tempest, but it looks like a Peach got you again huh :)

Flux aka "Flox";) - Nice job knocking me out of yet another tourney haha I'll get you next time I swear!

Eighteenspikes- Fun mm, I had no idea how to edgeguard Doc... which is kinda why I took you to RC... not too many edges to worry about. I even asked Quaz how he plays you haha. Good placing though!

Lucas- You seemed a little rusty, but I am pretty comfortable with the Puff matchup too. I was really nervous when I saw that I had to play you. Fun match!

Max- We finally played some friendlies. That Marth dair kill I got on you was ridiculous. I underestimate the range of his sword everytime... Also, your set against RRR was really intense. You can get him next time! Maybe we can team for the next monthly too. That'd be an odd team I think.

YoshQ- You are pretty good. I hope you keep entering Melee stuff.

Nappy- You are definitely better at Melee than I am at Brawl haha good job. You should enter singles next time though.

Luca- We got some funny friendlies in... my reverse fair got you a couple of times.

Seed- Good job placing 17th, and you're a good partner. We actually took Flux and RRR to the 3rd game. Don't worry, I haven't accepted Max's offer yet though. Keep improving!

Ulas- I dunno how you play Fox with your hands like that! haha it's really cool. We had fun matches.

Gene- You're awesome.:)

Tempest- We only played one game...:(

Webster- I don't think I've ever thanked you. Do you play Melee? Well either way, you do a good job running so many tournies at once.

Anyone I forgot, it was a fun tourney and hope to see you at the next one!

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
ZZzzZZZzzzZZZzzzzZZZZzzz shoutouts

kjell- u played pretty bad this tournament. step it up. and we gotta start teaming more to become static for oos. ;)

sin- good job beating nappy, and me in doubles.

yoshQ- good job beating me in doubles.

amanze- u lost to a ness in brawl. and a ganon in melee. -___-

deepak- fun chillin at ur house saturday night. always a good time.

VU DANG- comin through and rapin ho3s with ness. boss.

kyle- my *****. always fun to chill. and ur bud is dank as ****. def gonna continue doing business sir. ;)

teflon- stop singing -___- other than that it was fun chillin with you pretty much both days.

tempest- undefeated falco! and beer pong ;)

quaz- ur rage is nothing i have ever seen before. good seeing ya.

spikes- good seeing ya. tbh i think ur doc plays too scared sometimes.

heath- always good seeing ya man. wouldve been cool if u came to deepaks, but theres always enxt time! im also gonna download LoL so maybe u could show me some things!

***~~~~~BASED SHOUTOUTS~~~~~***

Gene- the motha ****in man. u can **** my *****.

webster- RAN 12324234234 TOURNIES AT ONCE. ur not a real ***** yet. but run tourneys like that and u will get there..

everyone else it was good seeing ya!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
gg's all, come to madtown tourney

just would really like to say thx chexr/aaron for housing, really appreciated it, however!!!! chexr: that skeletor needs some work, :D yea, I went their. lets play mvc3 next time.

spikes: MEGASHOT!!!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Brawl Doubles

Sin242 and Yoshq – Good job getting 1st in teams. You guys did good together

Moe – We suck

Nappy and Near – Good matches. Toon Link is really really annoying in teams….

Bobwithlobsters and Partner – Wow nice! Good job getting 4th out of no where. Do you guys still play somewhat?

Amanze and Angel
– I still can’t believe that dead weight KO you guys had in your doubles match against Nappy and Near, so unlucky. Good job on 5th.

Loki and Epic – Fun set. Stop getting hit by my rocks Epic… lol

Brawl Singles

Moe – Good job getting 1st. Awesome job making Sin242 piss his pants in fear so he was forced to forfeit to you.

Sin242
– I still can’t believe you just forfeited… What did you have to lose? If anything it would be more experience. Otherwise we had a close, fun LFs set. I think I’m finally relearning the Meta Knight matchup with how much I’ve played you lately. Work on those ICs.

Me – Good job getting 3rd. You’re working your way into becoming one of the best again.

Nappy – Really close set. Learn2DI. We’ll have to see how our next set goes.

Yoshq – Fun MM. Wish I would’ve gotten to see your set against Nappy.

Near – You always get really close to beating me. For some reason you always mess something critical up and just lose the match. Both our matches were close, and I feel like you could’ve won both matches.

Neomagic – I told you! You are still good. Coming here and beating Amanze. A pro that hibernates.

Angel – After you beat me the first game, I had to put my hammer down. You did well at this tourney. Keep up the good work.

Amanze – Losing to Near and Neomagic… Keep your head up. It was just a bad day.

Chexr – I’m surprised you entered, but you did well. Kinda sad you’re not huge into smash anymore from the sounds of it. I guess boredom catches up to everyone eventually.

Mike E – I thought you were going to beat me that 2nd game, but I composed myself to bring it back. Hope you did well in Marvel too.

Sparrow – Both matches of our set you toke the first stock first, which made me really nervous. Your ZSS definitely has a unique style of play that I like though.

Sanchez – Do you play this game? Hope you had fun.

Loki – Cool seeing you again… and your classic controller pro.

Epic – Don’t let me see you at this placing….

ND Players
– Thanks for coming! Or next big tourney will likely be in the fall, which will be very similar to this.

MT Players
– Thanks for coming all that way too! I’m kinda disappointed I didn’t get to talk to you more since you came all that way. Like I said for ND, if you wanna come to another big tourney in MN, this fall sometime will likely be the time to do it. If you guys ever need housing overnight before or after the tourney, don’t be afraid to ask. Someone would be willing to house you.

Melee Doubles

Flux – Thanks for teaming with me. It kinda sucked how it fell apart against Chexr and Zues though.

EoF Returns – Fun first round match.

Wake and Prodigy
– Fun matches, floaties all over the place!

Luca and Partner
– Why did we let you go to Hyrule….

Deepak and Amanze
– I can’t believe your placing have taking first at the last U of M.

Melee Singles

Chexr
– Good job getting 1st.

Aaron
– Your set with Frootloop was fun to watch. You’re so slick with Falco.

Frootloop – Nice job with 3rd.

Quaz – I don’t feel like I got destroyed like I did last time we played. I’ll bair Peach all day.

Mundungu – Didn’t play you. Wish I did though.

Peaches – Why would you beat a dollar on me like that in that matchup?

Zues – Didn’t see your matches. Bad day from the sounds of it.

Amanze – For some reason I really thought you were going to beat Quaz. Next time.

Deepak – Ugh, I felt like this was a rough set for me, worse than usual. There’s always next time.

Sanchez – Glad I didn’t play you :p

Me – I guess you didn’t do bad, but I was hoping for better.

Flux – I don’t even know who you lost to.

Sparrow – I don’t think I saw your matches either…

Tempest – I don’t know what was going on in our set. I got a Kirbycide 1st match, you ***** me 2nd match, then during the 3rd match you started to malfunction… just jumping offstage and stuff. Your hands and head definitely weren’t communicating I guess. I’m not sure what was going on.

Wake – Who’d you lose to again? Get ‘em next time!

Lucas – Cool to see you again.

Yoshq
– Your bracked kinda sucked from the sounds of it. Keep practicing though.

Throwdown
– Good thing I’m comfortable with the Ganondorf matchup.

Max – Our set was really close. I learned my lesson that I need to be really careful about Zelda’s kicks lol.

Luca – I protected my $1! You always get really close to beating me in our MMs. I will continue to defend my honor!

Prodigy Kid – Your uncle is pretty mean for letting you starve. Keep up the good work.

Special Shoutouts

Webster – You’re such a chill TO. Always a blast to have you on the mike laughing and stuff. Probably see you in the fall.

Gene – Thanks for helping put this together. You seemed pretty busy the whole time. I hoped you enjoyed yourself while you were hard at work too. Best tourney I’ve been to in a long time. Thanks.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Brawl Singles characters used and payouts?

And also OMG look at how many freakin' events there were.

GamesNGOGene

Smash Cadet
Things to come

Just because Combo Breaker has come and gone doesn't mean Games N Go is done trying to make improvements in our local scene. Triet the owner of GNG is going to be helping me first hand. This means more opportunities for everyone! Upgrading our setups to Asus monitors was just the beginning.

Here are a few things to look forward to:

Sponsorship opportunities in the future will be opening up for certain players and teams that are going to be helping expand the GNG brand beyond our borders.

More Setups and more free events!

Main stage environment: remember that main stage you guys see in the mall sometimes me and Triet are in negotiations to try to use that space once month for events without increasing the cost to you guys. (More on this to come. )

Big events like our last one to remain the GNG Championships series standard. GNG has the goal of running 2 big events a year of that size. Go big or go home!!

Much much more

For those of you wondering what’s the catch?

Their isn't one!

Why do this?

Support from all of you! Those of you who come in and do you’re shopping with us because of our tournaments. Everyone who buys and proudly wears a GNGC shirt!! Anyone who sends people to our store on a Friday night!

Gene, Triet

Triple R

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles characters used and payouts?

And also OMG look at how many freakin' events there were.
1. MN Moe :metaknight: :marth: ($150 + $20 pot bonus = $170)
2. Sin242 :metaknight: :popo: ($75 + $20 pot bonus = $95)
3. Triple R :kirby2: ($25 + $20 pot bonus = $45)
4. Nappy :snake: :metaknight:
5. YoshQ :metaknight: :luigi2:
5. Near :toonlink: :wario:
7. Neomagic :ness2:
7. Ike Angel :dedede: :gw:
9. Amanze :zerosuitsamus: :pit:
9. Chexr :wolf:
9. Mike E :snake:
9 B@tman ...
13. Atom ...
13. Sparrow :zerosuitsamus:
13. Sanchez ...
13. Qudo ...
17. Ice ...
17. Danzl ...
17. Loki :random:
17. Eshu...
17. Ushi :toonlink:
17. Kirsch :diddy:
17. Bo ...
17. Ioc ...
25. Epic :gw:

That's a rough draft I put together. I think top 3 got $20 extra each for a bot bonus, not sure. Characters I'm pretty solid, but if people wanna clarify, change, or fill in the blanks just let me know.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Bobwithlobsters and Partner – Wow nice! Good job getting 4th out of no where. Do you guys still play somewhat?

Yeah I have a small group of friends that I still play smash with on a regular basis, but I am planning on getting more involved in the community in the near future. It was so much fun to see so many familiar faces that I just have to come to more events. I'm thinking about taking a car down to yoshq's tourney on the 23 but i'm not sure yet.

And amazing job near. Your toonlink is amazing and I look forward to playing everyone in the future.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Yeah I have a small group of friends that I still play smash with on a regular basis, but I am planning on getting more involved in the community in the near future. It was so much fun to see so many familiar faces that I just have to come to more events. I'm thinking about taking a car down to yoshq's tourney on the 23 but i'm not sure yet.

And amazing job near. Your toonlink is amazing and I look forward to playing everyone in the future.
are your eyes still shiny?

we must know

Kirsh

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the Shoutout RRR!
As the only MT player I had so much fun. First tourney, now I know the competition level. I have a lot of work on my Diddy. But, I was glad to see all my games were close. I hope to make it to the tourney in the Fall, but I can't grantee anything. You guys are awesome.
God Bless

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess they are. You will just have to see for yourself next time you see me.

And to answer your question Flayl, Here is a link to the website where the rules are posted for Brawl:
http://gngchampionships.com/?page_id=109

And here is the rules verbatim from the website for brawl,

"Wii systems and CRT televisions will be used
Bring your own controller tournament
No turbo- modded or otherwise game changing controllers will be allowed
In the event of system or power failure the match will be restarted
Stock of 3, timer at 8 minutes, items set to off and none
Matches are 2/3 rounds, double elimination bracket
Losers and winners finals are 3/5 rounds
First stage is selected by the winner of a round of rock, paper, and scissors
Losing player selects stage or the following match
Winner always selects character before losing player
Any infinite move must end before the affected character reaches 300%
In the event of a time over the player with the most stock will win. If both players have the same stock the player with a lower hit percentage will win. If tied a tiebreaker match will ensure with stock set to 1, timer set to 4 minutes, and the same stage and characters locked from the tied match.
Any action preventing the game from continuing, including freezing, disappearing a character, game reset, etc, will result in a forfeit for the offending player.
Stalling or performing an infinite ledge grab loop will result in a penalty of -1 stock. In the event that a player only has 1 stock that player will forfeit the match.

Start Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
All other stages banned unless agreed upon
by both players prior to the first match.

Set format
1) Opponents start stage striking procedure. Starting player will be decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors. Each player will alternate striking a stage until only one remains.
2)Each player may announce one stage too be banned from the Counter-Pick stage list.
3)Match is played using the stage selected in step on
4)The loser of the first match selects the stage for next match. All starter and Counter-Pick stages are available for this selection.
5)Winning player makes his character selection followed by the loser making his character selection.
6)Repeat steps 1-6 until the match set is completed.
"

And website for melee is,
http://gngchampionships.com/?page_id=257

Top Bottom