• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NEOH] ¡Viva España! [Overrrr! Thanks for coming everyone!]

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Westlake Area Youth Group and NEOH Brawl present...

¡Viva España!
July 23rd, 2011
St. Ladislas Church - Westlake, Ohio

A tournament hosted by the Westlake Area Youth (WAY) Group to raise money for World Youth Day 2011 in Spain.

2345 Bassett Rd
Westlake, OH

[collapse=Venue Pictures (Complete with Members of WAY walking around!)]

From the entrance into the Great Room

Pic from the left side of the room

Pic from the stage on the right side of the room

Sorry about crappy quality. All pics taken from my cell phone

But it is a decent sized venue. And by decent sized I mean it comfortably had 20+ kids running around practicing for our production of the musical Godspell (which involves MUCH dancing and running around) for our retreat while the other side of the room had people eating dinner with a good amount of space in between.[/collapse]​

GAMES:
We will try to have 2-5 different titles set up for tournament play!!!

[The Main Events]
Brawl Singles/Doubles
Melee Singles/Doubles (if time allows)
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
BlazBlue CS2 (PS3)

[collapse=Brawl Singles AND Doubles -- UNITY RULESET]General Gameplay Rules

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles

Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate
PS2
Rainbow Cruise

Conduct Rules

BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee](Stealed from Kiester~ xD)
Stock is set to 4.
Time is set to 8 minutes.
Items are set to off.
Sets are best of 3 matches.

Character and Stage Selection is done by Double Blind Method. Stage Selection is determined by Elimination Method.

Starting Stage List -

• Battlefield - Special Stages
• Dreamland - Past Stages
• Final Destination - Special Stages
• Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island

Players may agree to play on any specific stage they wish as long as both players agree. Players may also opt for random in which the game will randomly choose between the Starting Stage List (BF, DL, FD, YS).

The Winner of the first match will choose his character followed by the loser choosing his character. Stage is determined by the previous match loser on the counter pick stage list as long as he has not had a match win on that stage.

Counter Pick Stage List -

• Battlefield - Special Stages
• Dreamland - Past Stages
• Fountain of Dreams - Dreamland
• Final Destination - Special Stages
• Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
• Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island

The Tournament Host/Referee is the arbiter of all disputes.

Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Pausing is strictly forbidden unless a Tournament Official allows it. EX: Technical Issues, Acts of Nature, etc.[/collapse]

[collapse=BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II](Stolen from Kiest!)
Winner MUST stay character.
No Unlimited Characters.
Best of 3 rounds, 99 Seconds.
Setups MUST have ALL CHARACTERS unlocked to be waived.[/collapse]

[collapse=Marvel vs. Capcom 3](Stolen from Kiest!)
Cannot have duplicate character on your team.
Winner must stay Characters, but may change lineup and assist types.
99 Seconds
Normal Mode
Best of 5.
Setups MUST have ALL CHARACTERS unlocked to be waived. [/collapse]

[Schedule]
10:00 am - VENUE OPEN! Freeplay and whatnot begins, other events might be set up
11:30 am - Brawl/Melee Doubles Reg closes
12:00 pm - Brawl/Melee Doubles starts
1 ~ 3ish - MvC3 and BlazBlue, depending on what time Doubles ends
3:30pm - Brawl Singles Registration ends
4:00 pm - Brawl Singles begins
4:30 pm - Melee Singles Registration ends
5:00 pm - Melee Singles begins
6:00 pm - Dinner break + Super special secret event maybe
11:00pm - This shiz is ovahhh. You gotta leave the venue. SRSLY.

** TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! WE RECOMMEND BEING THERE AN HOUR BEFORE YOUR LISTED EVENT. THIS TOURNAMENT MIGHT GET CRAZY........**

[Price]
Venue: $5
With Pre-reg: $4​
With Set up: $4​
With Set up AND Pre-reg: $3​
Main event tournaments: $5
For fun tournaments: TBD

[Payouts]
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

**ATTENTION**
We will REALLY need set ups for this. I'm going to see if St. Ladislas/St. Bernadettes can provide a few TVs, but systems and more TVs will be needed! And those power brick thingies that have a bunch of outlets. Those would help too. Partial to full venue fee will be waived if partial/full setup are brought!

[Attendance]

Signing up for PRE-REG
Tag:
Setups:
SETUPS:
Lokii - TV, Wii, Gamecube?, PS3, Brawl, Melee, Continuum Shift

Code:
[ url=http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301191 ][ img ]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/160/7/b/viva_sig_by_pyromaniac_chaos-d3ig3ic.gif[ /img ][ /url ] 

(Remove spaces between brackets to use!)

-- notes --
Much is still to be determined for this tournament. Working out details at the moment, so be patient and stay tuned everyone!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Thanks Sole. I'll probs take you up on that offer xD I'm gonna be so clueless

Yaay! Glad to hear it, Jiffy!!

D

Deleted member

As long as I'm not in Florida, I'll be coming to this.

As for other possible games, how about the new Mortal Kombat?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If anyone wants to recommend some games for tourney play, please do <3
(and heck, if you want to run a game/help out, tell me. I could always use some helping hands.)
Or else my friend will end up being the one saying 'HEY I WANT THIS GAME THAR'
WHICH WILL NOT BE FUN

Please, request games. For my sanity and the sake of everyone involved in this
PLEASE

<3 Lokii

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Games have been decided along with venue fee and tournament fees!
Pre-reg to get $1 off venue (OH YEAH $1 WOO)

Also, we are gonna need set ups. Cant stress this enough. Thanks <3

Gonna get ideas for Fun tournaments from my youth group. Feel free to share ideas as well. (I.E. Stuff like DDR, dance games, GH, Kirby Air Ride, etc)

And finally, compiling a list of local places to get food. That's very important.
Luckily, this place is a minute from Crocker Park : )

solecalibur

Smash Master
We already have two 2d fighting games so I dont see why we dont add street fighter and attract that community (there is some in Cleveland area)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yessir. Was pondering doing so.
...But I did all the organizing at 4am so you cant expect much rational thought out of me :'D

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Any melee interest for this?

I play SoulCalibur 4 and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and can bring setups if anyone cares enough about those games to warrant tournaments. But melee is the best game ever so I'll probably be engrossed in that most of the time <3

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I would be much more encouraged to go to this if there were more people posting that I knew played melee. Looks like almost all brawlers to me...

lain

Smash Master
This is.... really close to Ann Arbor :O. I may come to this with a carfull (+4 people), we shall see!

also, MELEEEEEEEEEE. i would love a melee side tourney. even more people could come from mi since it's so close.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I don't exactly know what to call you, guy above lain. However, NEOH does have a strong Melee scene. Plus maybe Pittsburgh's melee scene would be willing to head over to this.

If Lain's hunch is also correct, then I'm sure mi players who do Melee would also be willing to make the short trip down.

Not sure if Vans is still in the state or if Drephen/DippN/Big_R would head up, but I can contact the latter three. so, there are plenty of potential Melee players. Also, if you personally know players--- go out of your way talk to them in advance. Seriously, it helps. People from the other games rarely pop into tournament threads of the other games, so you have to rely on word of mouth.

Case in point, not many people know that Keister's multi-game tournament series had been hosting Melee for the last couple.

:phone:

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Juu, slarti lives in Canton and NEOH actually has quite a bit of melee players.

This should be pretty hype.
I'll pre-reg. :)

Oh... I pre-reg here.... lol.

Jiffyboob
Canton, Ohio
Brawl singles and doubles for sure.
Unknown for other games.
Unknown for set-ups.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
links and maybe the now reformed akron/P~f~A crew will make a appearance
Awww... I got the boot?

There's a decent chance that I might make it up to this. If I do, Brawl and MVC3 (360 version please? Stupid sticks not being cross-compatible.) for me.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Everyone okay with mvc on 360?
Also, would have linked to neoh melee/etc but computer spontaneously died a few days ago...xD
On Denzi's iPod/my sister's iPod for the time being
Will update OP when I my computer lives again.

Ps thanks for showing interest everyone
Also, anyone interested in helping run melee/mvc3? I need some help for different games, seeing as I don't play a few of em.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Get on this melee players. Im down if you a holes promise to show up :)

I'll prolly play some marvel too

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I can help by bringing MvC3, I have the DLC as well. I can bring Melee. I dunno if I'd be comfortable brining my 360 box but we'll see...
EDIT: I should be able to come provided argent or someone else can give me a lift...since it's summer, my mother may even be able/willing to bring me. I'll see what I can/will bring in a few weeks or w/e..

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
I can help with Melee if no one else does, I think I know the players around here well enough..
Suyon should come and bring my Touhou fightans.

aight
Blue Rogue
Canton
EVERYTHING
TV/Melee

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Idk if i'd be able to bring any setups or anything so don't count on me to bring anything >.>

JigglyZelda
Cleveland,Ohio
Brawl singles
other games idk atm.
setups N/A atm

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I can help with Melee if no one else does, I think I know the players around here well enough..
Suyon should come and bring my Touhou fightans.

aight
Blue Rogue
Canton
EVERYTHING
TV/Melee
That would be much appreciated!!!! I'll keep you posted

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I lol'd when the guy with an even more confusing name than Slarts implied that Slarts didn't know what he was talking about. Me, FlipX, and VanZ were just at his house.

Possible players for Melee:

Me
Slarts
Skyson
Z-Axis
iusetehsword
FlipX
Minnty (Chazzle or w/e Chase changed his name to)
4%
VanZ
Vidjo
KittyMW
Klob
GetLow
Cerviche
God Voice
Impp

Plenty more, most of these players I know from experience while I was organizing the Melee in Massillon on Wednesdays, but these are just the names that stick out. I might even be able to talk M2K into it, since we're going to be living up that way regardless, so he might want to get more familiar with the area again.

We'll talk/think about it.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
If the Melee turnout is legit Pittsburgh may come out to this. Probably just go ahead and put us down for me and 4 more.

Top Bottom